PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Do you have prior knowledge of the FF13 series before jumping in to lightning returns

Dat Matt
01-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I have played FF13 and FF13-2 and got 100% on both (Well, almost, god damn treasure hunter achievement) but I am fairly caught up with the story. Will everyone who is picking up Lighting Returns have two games under their belt or are you just jumping right in?

Freya
01-28-2014, 12:34 AM
I will admit, I haven't beaten either but I have played them boh. Just haven't.... Finished... I should get on top of that.

Del Murder
01-28-2014, 06:22 AM
I'll say this: I don't think you will be any more confused having not played the first two games than anyone who has played them.

Omni-Odin
01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Actually I'm pretty up on the story having recently read all the back story for the universe and everything. So ya, I will be.

Mirage
01-28-2014, 03:03 PM
I'll say this: I don't think you will be any more confused having not played the first two games than anyone who has played them.

Pretty much this. The story so far is stupidly convoluted.

Dat Matt
01-28-2014, 07:03 PM
FF13's story was super hard to follow. I still don' truly know what happened in that game.

FF13-2 wasn't too bad. I never caught why you were going through the world resolving the paradoxes other than to see lightning in Valhalla or how the paradoxes formed, but at least the premise made sense.

radicaledward124
01-28-2014, 09:18 PM
I've played and beaten both, though not even close to 100% on them, but yeah like Del said it's not that i'm not totally confused by the story of Lighten Returns.

DMKA
01-29-2014, 01:51 AM
I've played both XIII and XIII-2 multiple times. I did 100% of XIII-2, and did everything except the damn Treasure Hunter trophy on XIII. I'm very much looking forward to Lightning Returns. I just finished replaying both games again, so I think I'm as refreshed on the story so far right now as I'm ever going to be.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Observe the title, friends :cool:

I've played and beat both twice now since the release of the original.

For those who want more understanding of the story of XIII-2, I'd definitely encourage you to check out the datalog as well as the fragment descriptions in the main menu. They've got some story in them! You can learn about Caius' backstory as well as read some funny conversations between Mog and other monsters.

Jiro
01-29-2014, 04:42 AM
I haven't finished FFXIII-2 but I got the gist

Scotty_ffgamer
01-29-2014, 04:48 AM
I've played and beat both games. XIII-2 I just beat last summer, and I watched all the cutscenes from XIII just before playing XIII-2 again. I never really messed with the datalogs in XIII, but I never found what was going on too hard to follow. XIII-2 I did read through all of the fragment stuff. It had interesting tidbits but didn't add too terribly much to the story.

The point is I am pretty well equipped in my knowledge going into LR. The only thing I haven't experienced is the novel(s?) for the XIII series.

Psychotic
01-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I've beaten both. I don't have a clue what is going on half the time anyway. Hi sister, there's a God and I guess I serve this God and the God made you all not crystals and I'm battling some dude at the end of time now. Now off you go, do stuff.

Skyblade
01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I've beaten both. I don't have a clue what is going on half the time anyway. Hi sister, there's a God and I guess I serve this God and the God made you all not crystals and I'm battling some dude at the end of time now. Now off you go, do stuff.

Go watch the 16-Bit story recap.

Leen-Leen
01-30-2014, 02:14 AM
I've finished both (though I just barely made it through the final "bosses" because I was just so eager to find out what happened at the end of both) although I don't necessarily understand both ... I'm definitely going to take this weekend to go through the data logs!

Noctis Caelum
02-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Bought XIII and XIII-2 in December. Beat XIII in about 64 hours (minus a lot of the side quests stuff on Gran Pulse). Currently finishing up XIII-2. I'm on Academia (4XX AF) and from what I can tell, it's probably close to the end of the game, so should be finished it right before LR comes out.

DanielCLFFF13
02-05-2014, 12:51 AM
I haven't even played Final Fantasy 13 sequel. Since Final Fantasy 13 sequel not out on PC. But watching it's walkthrough make me can see it. Although not experience it directly. I'm kind of miss team up of the whole gang of L'cie. But it seems Lightning is the only playable character in Lightning Returns. If there are any newest Final Fantasy 13 game where all of playable character in Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 team up, that would be great :D But for 13-2 I haven't fully watched it. The guy who made Final Fantasy 13-2 walkthrough kind of stopped Final Fantasy 13-2 walkthrough. So I'm kind of curious what happen after that Augusta (Augusta or Agusta?) Tower.
But this is my opinion :)
Sorry my english is not so good.