PDA

View Full Version : Mythical Creatures

Shorty
01-29-2014, 04:42 AM
Sorry I'm not sorry, I love unicorns. Freaking love them. Mermaids are another favorite, along with other undersea creatures like hippocampus, Leviathan, and the krakens, and I've always been particularly fond of sphynxes.

Which mythical creatures are you fond of?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-29-2014, 04:48 AM
Dragons. My mother told me stories about dragons since forever.

Dragons are the best.

Fonzie
01-29-2014, 05:06 AM
It's a tie between either a chimera or Kayne West.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-29-2014, 05:44 AM
I like a lot of Greek mythical creatures. It's really hard to choose between them. I've always loved dragons though thanks to having an obsession of the movie Flight of Dragons as a kid. Dragonheart was also one I used to like a lot.

Jiro
01-29-2014, 05:51 AM
uVTfszppJl8

Bubba
01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Mermaids are great because boobs.

I also loved the kraken and the many forms it has taken in film lore. The original kraken from Clash of the Titans used to scare the hell out of me with its four arms and ugly face.

starlet
01-29-2014, 01:55 PM
TROGDOOOOOR!

No but really I've always liked dragons.

Cuchulainn
01-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Gancanagh. An Irish horny bastard fairy.

OR the Dullahan. A headless rider that me Da used to scare the trout out of me with when we were on holidays in Donegal with his stories.

OR Cat sėth. As it's one of the few Irish Mythological creatures that pop up in Final Fantasy.

noxious.sunshine
01-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Cait Sith!!! I didn't know that was Irish mythological creature! No wonder I identify with him so much.

I love unicorns and pegasus.

I hate leprechauns cuz that movie w Warwick Davis.

Sir Knight
01-29-2014, 04:21 PM
A mighty dragon I did slay,
For he stole my princess away!

A unicorn, a creature so pasty,
But it's tender meat is so tasty!

A werewolf with fangs so scary,
but nice to pet because it's hairy.

Leviathan, lives as royalty,
mighty ruler of the widespread sea.

fire_of_avalon
01-29-2014, 04:34 PM
UNICORNS ARE BEST.

Madame Adequate
01-29-2014, 07:01 PM
I've yet to meet a mythological creature I didn't like.

Dragons are perhaps an uninspired answer, but if you just think about how massive and powerful and ancient they are, well, there's a reason they appear in like every culture ever. (That reason being they are real.)

Krakens are metal as hell. A sea monster a mile goddamn wide that eats ships like popcorn? Yeah get in, I keep hoping we'll go traipsing around the depths and find one.

Like Cuch I was scared by Irish mythological creatures when I was wee, but in this case it was my granny with a banshee.

And you always gotta give a shout out to the Tarasque.

Shlup
01-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Whoever decided to add a horn to a horse and a fishbutt to a woman is a freaking genius.

Rocket Edge
01-30-2014, 12:11 AM
I remember Banshees as a kid. I kind of think of 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch when thinking of them. You wouldn't want to be walking in the Irish countryside on a dark night with that in your mind. :goofy:

And yeah, who doesn't like Dragons? If only they were real.

Carl the Llama
01-30-2014, 12:39 AM
*cough*

http://i.imgur.com/lUCmh7p.jpg