PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gaming Moments

Shlup
01-31-2014, 10:20 PM
A few nights a week, BJ and I play GTAV together for a couple of hours before bed. Last night I stole one of the fastest cars in the game while BJ was up getting a glass of water. When he came back I said "Look how fast I can go!" ...and then promptly crashed into a street light. And then backed into a retaining wall. He went to brush his teeth right as I got going fast again. After a few blocks I crashed into a tree, which somehow caused me to launch into the air and flip over a wall, landing upsidedown.

I managed to wiggle the car back over and started to drive... and found myself in the middle of a Playboy Mansion party. The Playboy Mansion is an Easter Egg in the game and I found it by pure luck. :D

I explored the lot, swan through the grotto, and then handed the controller to BJ so he could frolic around and murder everyone there.

This is the kind of stuff that keeps marriages together.

Feel free to share similar stories.

Ayen
02-01-2014, 04:40 AM
My brother and I used to mess around on Metal Gear Solid all the time. In the first floor basement of the Nuclear Warhead base where soldiers went to pee, we'd always sneak up on them and plant a C4 on their back. And while they were peeing BANG! We were terrible.

Back in the early 00's I used to go to my cousins' house to play video games and hang during the Summer on my mom's days off. My cousins used to always kick my ass in pretty much every single fighting game in existence, but there was one set of games they could never beat me in. Wrestling. Any WWE/WCW related game I made them my bitches. Oh, and Evil Zone.

One time they spent all week playing WrestleMania X8 on the GameCube making their characters and learning how the game worked getting ready for me. I come over, select Hollywood Hogan (yeah, my main man!) and faced their CAWs in a Triple Threat Hell in a Cell match. I had never played the game before or knew any of the controls.

Kicked
Their
Ass!

They were so pissed off it was hilarious. On a less 'competitive' note, I immensely enjoyed playing Crystal Chronicles and Four Swords with them. Made the former a hell of a lot more fun than just playing on my own.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-01-2014, 05:11 AM
Pretty much any moment with Just Cause 2 while I was at college. My roommates and I got super stressed out by junior year, and we got in the habit of playing Just Cause 2 almost every night to relieve stress.

My favorite moment had to be when we got a friend who didn't play games to play it with us for a day. He decided that he had to follow the rules of the road and managed to get caught in a loop in this one village. He refused to turn because he had no turn signal. Cops ended up chasing after him for no reason after a bit which upset him greatly. Not really a fun story to write about now that I think about it. It was mostly great thanks to his comments at the time.

Jiro
02-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Conquering the world together in Civ is a good way to bring people closer together. Just... just watch out when the nukes start flying.

Botchmun
02-01-2014, 06:01 AM
I have a friend who plays Project Blackout, and every now and then she invites me into knife matches of that game. Its one of those "almost counterstrike" games with a pay to win marketplace, so I always have the worst gear. For some reason people don't actually know about a lot of places in maps, so I'm able to pull some shenanigans like sneaking into the enemy's spawn room and stabbing people up the instant they respawn. Its fun while it lasts and the tears are delicious, but when I get my comeuppance I know I deserve it.

Bubba
02-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Some of the most fun I've had is playing drunken games of Blades of Steel for the NES with my mate Chris. We'd come back from the pub and play that game for hours... ridiculous amounts of fun.

Considering it was only on an 8-bit machine, it's still one of the best sports games I've ever played. Anyone with access to the Nintendo Virtual console should definitely download it.

I also enjoyed watching my girlfriend play GTAV for the first time the other week. She was on there for about 30 mins during which time she entered the lap-dancing club, paid for a double-dance and thoroughly enjoyed groping some breasts and asses. She then left the building, bumped into an NPC who promptly stabbed her in the chest.

Epic.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2014, 05:04 PM
GTA: Online, since it's kind of the theme. My friend and I were driving some random car about - just arsing around - and a pair of guys started hunting us down. Now, as long as I'm not trying to get other shit done, Free Roam cat and mouse is the best thing ever in this game, so I was totally down. After the standard shooting-running over stuff that occurs, we started fighting smart. My personal favourite was near some parking lot downtown. We'd disappeared off the map and used the time to drive to the top of the lot. Meanwhile, on the adjacent street, these two guys are parked in their car nearby, waiting for us to reappear. With only a few seconds of map-invisibility left, I put a sticky bomb on the front of my car, had my friend hop in the driver's seat and plough the thing off the top of the lot. At this point our map blips reappear, and these two guys look round just in time to see a sedan hurtling towards them before exploding right in their faces. It was glorious.

Of course, it also blew up their car, thus making me a Bad Sport (which I will say is a fucking silly rule in the first place). Worth it, though.

I also finally got myself a Karin Futo, and have spent literally hours over the past few days just driving up and down curving mountain roads and drifting myself into many early graves. Bloody love that car. :D

AssassinDX
02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
My all time favourite moment was playing a triple-threat cage match with friends on WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. We absolutely destroyed each other for nearly an hour, each of us unable to keep the other two down for long enough to get out of the cage. I was exhausted after that match.

As a more recent single player experience it would have to be the final hour or so of Mass Effect 3, I'd created my own Shepard who I'd grown very fond of as the trilogy progressed and to see him haul ass in the face of absolute hopelessness through that final part of the final game was exhilarating. Shame it was spoiled slightly by the ending, but the bit before that is a gaming masterpiece.

black orb
02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
>>> Beat Chaos (FF1 NES) and watch its pixels fade away..:luca: