PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Eisenberg = Lex Luthor

Mo-Nercy
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor in Batman Vs. Superman (http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/31/jesse-eisenberg-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-batman-vs-superman)

If you thought Ben Affleck was a surprising choice for Batman, what do you make of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?

It appears a lot of people are panning the idea already, but I'm interested to see how it'll be done.. Eisenberg does sort of have an evil looking squint and I've enjoyed him in his recent roles where he's been typecast as the fast talking boy wonder.

Thoughts?

Bubba
02-01-2014, 03:16 PM
I like Jesse Eisenberg a lot. He's been excellent in everything I've seen him in. I think he'll do a great job.

He'll have his work cut out to better Gene Hackman though. He's always been my favourite.

AssassinDX
02-01-2014, 06:15 PM
It's good to see him doing something different, he basically plays the same character in everything I've seen him in. A bit like Michael Cera.

They've also got Jeremy Irons as Arthur, I suppose Michael Caine was out of the question as this follows Superman's current timeline rather than Batman's unless I'm mistaken.

Slothy
02-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Alfred, not Arthur. ;)

I'm interested in seeing it. I find the people complaining already hilarious though. You'd think they'd have learned by now since people had similar reactions to Heath Ledger, and Michael Keaton.

Cuchulainn
02-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Is he not the guy that they hire for films when Michael Cera says no?

Shiny
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Jesse Eisenberg is not that surprising, just disappointing because there is a lot of people that would probably be better. For what its' worth, I think he might be able to actually pull this off since he is good at playing dicks.

AssassinDX
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Alfred, not Arthur. ;)

Aha, just testing! <_<

I'd like to see Eisenberg in costume before passing judgement, looking the part is obviously important.

Del Murder
02-02-2014, 01:54 AM
I'm not really sure how this movie is going to go. Seems like it has a lot going on for one film. Could be good, could be bad. Eisenberg probably wouldn't have been my first choice for Luthor but it's not the worst choice.

Shlup
02-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Jesse Eisenberg is not that surprising, just disappointing because there is a lot of people that would probably be better. For what its' worth, I think he might be able to actually pull this off since he is good at playing dicks.

He is definitely good at playing dicks. He seems a little smooth for Lex, but we'll see.

Shorty
02-02-2014, 03:36 AM
Jesse Eisenberg is totally non-threatening and non-forboding to me. I want to hug him and hold his hand and do nothing more because he's such a sweetie; much how I feel about Michael Cera.

I can't see him playing Lex Luthor and will be surprised if he can pull it off. I've never seen him play a dick. I'm pretty sure my experiences with him onscreen are restricted to Rio, Adventureland, and Zombieland, and his roles were pretty much identical in the second two.

Slothy
02-02-2014, 03:40 AM
Watch the Social Network and you'll get to see him being a dick. I refuse to bother speculating on how well he'll do before the movie is out though. I've learned my lesson when it comes to DC movie casting.

The only thing I was slightly concerned about was that he struck me as kind of young. The I checked Wikipedia and found out he's the same age as Henry Cavill, so what the hell do I know?

Shorty
02-02-2014, 03:46 AM
If he's a dick, I might be inclined to want to do more than just hand-holding. I can see him being a smirky little bastard and nothing more, really. I don't know if I want to sit through the entirety of The Social Network to observe his acting skills.

The Man
02-02-2014, 03:52 AM
It's good and worth watching on its own merits. And yes, he's quite a dick in that film. I'm confident he'll be able to play Lex Luthor well. He was also in a recent episode of Modern Family as well, if memory serves correctly, in which he came off as a bit of a dick as well :monster:

McLovin'
02-02-2014, 04:38 AM
I guess the casting director was misunderstood when he said "Get me Heisenberg!" hahahahhahaha :D

Shaibana
02-02-2014, 01:09 PM
seriously?
i cant take that kid serious as a 'bad guy', he will always be a 'nerd' too me.

are they after ruining Batman?

Ayen
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't know. I just don't know. I can't see Ben as Batman, the girl they got for Wonder Woman looks too short, Eisenberg looks too young despite being 30 (a blessing, really) and I just can't see Irons as Alfred. I'm hoping for a hell of a lot of Michael Ketoning to take place in this movie.

Shiny
02-03-2014, 01:41 AM
He seems like the evil Michael Cera. Check out this pretentious crap out: 14 Actors Acting - Jesse Eisenberg (http://youtu.be/qE6b1sdcMmw)

Shaibana
02-03-2014, 11:55 AM
I don't know. I just don't know. I can't see Ben as Batman, the girl they got for Wonder Woman looks too short, Eisenberg looks too young despite being 30 (a blessing, really) and I just can't see Irons as Alfred. I'm hoping for a hell of a lot of Michael Ketoning to take place in this movie.

wait what.. they are recasting everyone? even alfred?

well smurf that :l

Ayen
02-03-2014, 05:56 PM

wait what.. they are recasting everyone? even alfred?

well smurf that :l

Yeah, this isn't a part of the Nolan universe, and since that was more grounded in realism it's probably a good thing. I just think they're kidding themselves if they expect us to forget about it so quickly when the last Batman movie only came out two years ago.

Mercen-X
02-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I was willing to give this a shot when I thought it was some kind of spoof not related to Man of Steel. But now I know it is and, frankly, the idea of BA as Batman just rubs me the wrong way.

Quindiana Jones
02-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Smallville's Lex remains my favourite Lex. <3

Interested to see how he performs. I enjoy watching heavily type-cast actors trying wildly different roles, so I hope he rises to the occasion.

Shaibana
02-05-2014, 02:33 PM
ill problably watch it anyway..
BUT i swear to god, if they also replace superman himself, henry Cavill, i wil freaking riot!

Loony BoB
02-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't really get the Cera comparison. I associate Eisenberg more with The Social Network and Now You See Me, in both films he plays an arrogant dick and does it quite fantastically. Cera plays a great timid guy, Eisenberg plays the guy who walks all over the timid guy.

Ayen
02-05-2014, 04:26 PM
ill problably watch it anyway..
BUT i swear to god, if they also replace superman himself, henry Cavill, i wil freaking riot!

Henry Cavill and the Man of Steel cast are reprising their roles. Batman is only being replaced in light of the new joint universe they're trying to make.

I'll be waiting for the previews, honestly.

LunarWeaver
02-09-2014, 03:34 PM
I have less faith in Snyder than any of the actors. I thought Adams and Cavill were great as Superman and Lois. They were just trapped in a meh Superman movie. If Lex ultimately ends up as something like, say, a tattooed skinhead street punk (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/lex-luthor-to-be-tattooed-skinhead-street-punk), that's really not Eisenberg's problem.