PDA

View Full Version : Magus, Sage, or Summoner

Vermachtnis
02-02-2014, 01:29 AM
I just got the Earth Crystal and for the most part it was easy. Refia goes from Monk to Black Belt, Arc goes from White Mage to Devout, Ingus stays a Knight. But Luneth has been a Black Mage the entire game and I figured I'd just upgrade him to the Magus, but the Sage can learn Summons too and the Summoner is just a straight up power house, so now I'm leaning towards those two over the Magus. So what Black Mage class should I give him?

Fynn
02-02-2014, 06:46 PM
I always upgrade my Black Mages to Magi. Seems more logical. Never felt the need to use summons in this game.

Vermachtnis
02-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the input, but I wound up going with the Sage. It had the best hat. But I do have to agree with not really needing to use the summons. They kind of sucked in this game. Because they kept trying to use insta-death or petrify and I only used them on bosses so that was a waste of a turn, but on the other hand when they did what they were suppose to it paid of. Bahamut's Aura really helped and Ifrits healing freed up Arc for experimentation. On the other hand, Cloud of Darkness gave no room for screwing around. I mean Turn 1: Refia boosted, Luneth Bahamuted, Ingus sworded, and Arc hasted Refia. After that Refia and Ingus attacked and Luneth just Flared and threw out items while Arc did nothing but spam Curaja.