PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Ayen
02-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Has anyone around here played this game? I know it's rare, it's going for one hundred dollars for brand new on Amazon the lowest I could find new copies for were eighty bucks. I had to buy it used just to be able to afford it. It's a Survivor Horror game that came out in 2002 for the GameCube. I used to watch my cousins play it while over at their house. This will be my first actual playthrough.

Discuss.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I've only played a little bit of it. I'm borrowing it from Sharky and just haven't really sunk my teeth into it. It seems like it will be pretty fun once I get used to the gameplay.

It's weird how Gamecube games all seemed to have retained their value over the years. I feel like Nintendo games in general hold their value pretty well for a long time, but Gamecube games all seem pretty expensive.

Slothy
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Unopened copies of fairly niche titles that are rare as a result are usually going to hold their value on any platform. You don't see it happen quite as often these days though. Especially with some of the rare classics of recent generations getting re-released.

Ayen
02-03-2014, 09:26 PM
I was going to say Nintendo is like fine wine that only gets better with age, but Vivi had to go and be right again :colbert:

Scotty_ffgamer
02-03-2014, 10:15 PM
They hold value in their used games as well, at least the Gamecube does. Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem, Wind Waker... these are all still pretty expensive as used games, haha.

Ayen
02-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm regretting not playing this sooner when I got it to make sure it was working all right. The game skips during cut-scenes, no thanks to the scratches on the disc, other than that it plays fine, though. I'm just glad I chose to have subtitles on or I would have missed some dialog there.

Ah, the old days of Survivor Horror where you ran around solving puzzles and what nots, and everything being dark as smurf. How I have missed it.

Jowy
02-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Back in 2005, I used to buy copies from GameStop for $7.99 used with my discount, shrink-wrap them, and return 'em to Wal*Mart for $50.

Ayen
02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
So far I'm fascinated by the gods presented in this game. I just happen to choose the essence of the one where the game tends to get scarier faster. SMURF!

Ayen
02-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Anyone here ever had to pick up their own head?

Pumpkin
02-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Sharky has it (well scotty is bowrrowing it right now) and I tried it for a bit. Really wasn't my thing. I'm surprised it's going for so much.