PDA

View Full Version : 3DS discussion - What have you been playing!? [April]

Dat Matt
02-04-2014, 08:50 PM
For those who know of me, I am a huge 3DS fan. As such I love hearing some discussion around the 3DS, especially the huge catalouge it boasts. As such, I suggest we have a monthly discussion thread about the games we've played in the previous month.

To access the list of games you've played, follow these instructions:

1 - Access the Activity Log Icon on your 3DS
2 - Select "Daily Records" menu option
3 - Select the calender icon in at the top of the page to change records from Daily to monthly
4 - Change month the previous month
5 - Select "View As List" at the bottom of the page.

My List for Jan 2014:

Steps - 1380

1 - Pokemon Y
117:12 Hours
2 - Pokemon SoulSilver
53:29 Hours
3 - Pokemon HeartGold
2:58 Hours
4 - Pokemon X
1:43 Hours
5 - System Settings
0:23 Hours

So this has been a huge Pokemon month for me. I've aimed to catch every Pokemon in the game and you can only get some in the previous games. After getting everything with exceptions of the legendaries in Pokemon X, I moved onto the older games. Plowing through them at a rate of knots.

So how does your activity log shape up. What have you been playing in January 2014?

Edit: Now the threads have merged I'm going to add quick links to my monthly update posts if you wanted to jump to a specific month:

Link to February (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/154539-3ds-discussion-what-have-you-been-playing-february-2.html#post3379297)
Link to March (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/154539-3ds-discussion-what-have-you-been-playing-march-2.html#post3390565)
Link to April (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/154539-3ds-discussion-what-have-you-been-playing-april-3.html#post3407768)

Shaibana
02-05-2014, 02:30 PM
i have played Kid Icarus Uprising this year and i hate it.
the game is very chaotic!
im a person that wants a good story but everything is being told through the action. so im concetrating on fighting the bad guys and get nothing of what they are telling me!

im pretty sure ill be returning this game to the gameshop within a view weeks

ill get my activity logg later :3

Dr Unne
02-05-2014, 04:44 PM
116 steps, my 3DS never leaves my house. January was Shin Megami Tensei IV and Crimson Shroud. Two very enjoyable games. February is probably going to be non-stop Bravely Default.

Kid Icarus Uprising... the first game I've seen that has controls so painful they had to ship it with special hardware.

Shauna
02-05-2014, 04:57 PM
I've played Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I am bad at puzzles. :shobon:

Also, if I were to check my 3DS activity log, they would be skewed by some massive nerd using it for trading to fuel his Pokemon addictions. So I'll just leave it at that. :3

Dat Matt
02-05-2014, 08:24 PM
You're addicted to pokemon Nerd. Speaking of which, you should get bank. Celebi n Junk.

For Kid Icarus, I loved that game. Couldn't finish it for the same reason. I wanted to see what was going on with the story and the back and forth between characters was great. You just can't focus on that during intense action scenes aka the whole game. Control scheme for land combat was hard too. wonder how it shapes up on the XL now I have one...

Del Murder
02-05-2014, 08:32 PM
January 2014
Steps - 2,909
1. Fire Emblem Awakening - 25:04
2. Kingdom Hearts 3D - 16:06
3. Pokemon Y - 0:43

Fire Emblem is very addicting and I play it any chance I get. It's good I was able to beat KH3D as well. It sets the stage for KH3. I only played Pokemon to send my wife a Squirtle.

TrollHunter
02-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I'll give my hours when I get home... but I know these are the top 4
Note: I have like... 2 physical 3DS games

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Cave Story
Bravely Default Demo
Pokemon X

Dat Matt
02-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Seems like a lot of love for Fire Emblem. Have either of you unlocked the secret missions by reaching S rank relationships?

Del Murder
02-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Seems like a lot of love for Fire Emblem. Have either of you unlocked the secret missions by reaching S rank relationships?
If you mean the ones where you recruit the children, yes I have unlocked almost all of them. They're pretty fun though not super challenging at this point. I don't use the children very often since my team is already pretty much built, but some of them are hard to pass up since they inherit the skills of their parents. This makes for some deadly combos.

Dat Matt
02-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Serina, Cordeilla's child was a one man tank for me. Her abilty to attack again after killing a unit made for a one woman killing machine for me. She literally Solo'd the game for me until the final level.

Skyblade
02-05-2014, 10:19 PM
How do you check monthly activity? I tried but could only find daily.

Dr Unne
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Daily Records -> Page View -> click the little squares that look like a calendar or a page from a calendar.

It looks between my wife and I, we spent 105:01 in Fire Emblem last year. :o

Dat Matt
02-05-2014, 10:26 PM
At the top of the page you click the button that looks like a calender. That changes it from Daily, to weekly, to monthly. If you view by list as well it's easier to review than the graphs.

Electroshock Therapy
02-05-2014, 10:50 PM
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

It's the only 3DS game I own as the others are regular DS. I have a question. Besides the 3D slider, what was the point of upgrading from a regular DS?

Shauna
02-05-2014, 10:51 PM
To play 3DS games that can only play on a 3DS? :3

Shaibana
02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
i believe most games are now made for the 3ds, so in a while you wont have any new games to buy becaus you cant play then on the normal DS.. thats just my guess

Electroshock Therapy
02-05-2014, 10:55 PM
I mean, was there anything of significance? We went from GBA to a DS, a console with a bunch of cool features including touch screen capabilities. Upgrading to a 3DS seems lame in comparison. The 3D slider is cool, but is that it? I've never owned a regular DS so I'm not sure what the big difference is other than 3D. It just seems somewhat of a pointless gimmick if that's the only thing they did to it.

Shaibana
02-05-2014, 10:58 PM
my sister has a normal DS, and i have a 2DS..
i have seen the 3DS and as far as i know the 3d stuff is more or less the only 'new' thing.
+ the 3ds has that conmunication stuff etc.. that MI-park thing

Dr Unne
02-05-2014, 11:02 PM
The screens on 3DS are higher resolution, it has more RAM and a better processor than old DS. The 3DS XL is physically way bigger and brighter too, which is great for old geezers with bad eyes like myself. Also has an analog stick and camera, if anyone cares about that. It's a definite upgrade over the old DS. Evolutionary rather than revolutionary, maybe.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-05-2014, 11:02 PM
It has the 3D effect and has more power in the system so you can have better graphics and whatnot. It has the one analog stick (though only one). It doesn't really have any other innovations if that's what you mean. It does have some great games on it that would be worth getting the system for, though.

I think I actually didn't play my 3DS at all in January. I've been busy playing other systems when I do play games. Eventually I should get back around to playing Pokemon X and the Bravely Default demo.

Electroshock Therapy
02-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Thank you. I didn't realize what all it had to offer. I guess it's like NES to SNES. Mainly for better graphics and bigger storage rather than something revolutionary like, say SNES to N64. Makes sense. (I hope this post makes sense to other people :p)

Dat Matt
02-05-2014, 11:56 PM
The main upgrades are the 3D, which I can't actually use based on poor eyesight. However as the 3DS is the new iteration of the nintendo handheld, you can't play new games on the old consoles.

3DS brings about streetpass, which you can see here http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass (here). It allows for the communication between 3DS automatically if they are in range to trade data between games. Pretty cool function actually.

Skyblade
02-06-2014, 04:35 AM
3DS brings about streetpass, which you can see here http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass (here). It allows for the communication between 3DS automatically if they are in range to trade data between games. Pretty cool function actually.

A cool function that no one wants to talk about. I made a thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/154493-streetpass.html) and everything. :(

Vermachtnis
02-06-2014, 06:35 AM
January 2014
Steps: 2,697

Senran Kagura Burst 18:55
Pokémon X 15:17
Final Fantasy III 9:58

I play Senran Kagura Burst for the articles. Alright, joking aside, Senran Kagura is a really fun and solid beat'em up. All 12 characters play different from one another and one of the has a JoJo hat. And the plot is pretty good too, anime as fuck, but pretty good.

I played Pokémon off and on when I learned how to make EV reducing berries and working on the Dex.

I started Final Fantasy III at the end of the month.

Shaibana
02-14-2014, 02:49 PM
i have a question:
and where can i find my friend code?

my latest activity's:

well.. nothing special really..
Super mario Bros. 0:13

i just got this game for free :)

Vermachtnis
02-14-2014, 11:30 PM
i have a question:
and where can i find my friend code?

Tap the smiley face on the home screen and it'll be at the bottom of your profile.

Red Mage Coffman
02-15-2014, 01:56 AM
Well... For what it's worth, I checked my top 5. They were as followed

5. Pokemon Black Version 2 - 39:00

4. Kingdom Hearts 3D - 43:12

3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 64:26

2. Pokemon Y - 185:04

1. Fire Emblem Awakening - 225:45

Yeah I LOVE Fire Emblem and I still play it today. Easily one of my most favorite games of all time. I have spent WAY to much time on this damn thing, even going so far as completing the Lunactic game mode XD Lunatic+ though? I'm still working on that sadist hellhole..

Del Murder
02-15-2014, 05:07 AM
I hope that's more than just one month's worth...

Dat Matt
02-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Can't be. here are only 744 Hours in January and according to the stats red mage coffman played for 557 hours. Either it's total play time, or coffman has a problem. (or just leaves his 3DS open and on)

Mercen-X
02-15-2014, 11:55 PM
I finished playing Alundra 2 a couple weeks ago. I had been playing for about 2 or 3 days. I got everything except one last puzzle piece and some stuff I need to play darts to unlock. Before that, I had been playing Crystalis to map out the script so I could get a feel for what a remake would sound like.

Shauna
02-16-2014, 01:03 AM
We're discussing 3DS games specifically here. :3 Take your discussion of non-3DS games elsewhere!

Dat Matt
02-16-2014, 01:11 AM
We're discussing 3DS games specifically here. :3 Take your discussion of non-3DS games elsewhere!

Should jump in on that and say that the main discussion here revolves around NDS/3DS titles. It's easy to record your playtime via the activity log on 2DS/3DS systems which is why it's easy to discuss a month's worth of gameplay. My list for February will be much smaller, because I've been playing on emulators on my DS Lite.

Dat Matt
03-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Now we are in March it's time to have a look back at what our 3DS systems have been doing for February.

My List for Feb 2014:

Steps - 50,016

1 - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
13:51 Hours
2 - Pokemon Heart Gold
13.41 Hours
3 - Pokemon Black
9.56 Hours
4 - Pokemon Soul Silver
8.10 Hours
5 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirt Tracks
7:42 Hours

So I managed to finish the pokedex, and thus the Pokemon Binge is over. This means I could re-visit Spirit Tracks again.

I have a great love for the series and interaction between Link and Zelda is the best in the series (He holds her had at the end, that's freaking huge for them). The gameplay however is really difficult. Using the stylus for both movement and attacks does not work well, and the travelling system using the train takes forever. This'll be one of the few games in the series that I decided not to do the side quests, but instead went straight for the story relates objectives.

Finishing that I've started on the last installment of the Layton series. The games all pretty much follow the same format as all the previous games, Twist this time is that you can travel to a large selection of areas rather than sticking to one city, Opens the game out and adds quite some variety.

So how does your activily log shape up. What have you been playing in February 2014?

Del Murder
03-02-2014, 04:40 PM
I think it would be best if we keep these to one thread rather than have one for each month. That way we can go back and look at our activity over the whole year!

Vermachtnis
03-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I really need to play the Professor Layton games. I want to, I've just never gotten around to getting them. Anywho:

My List for Feb 2014

Steps - 7,249

1 - Bravely Default - 35:54
2 - Final Fantasy III - 11:20
3 - Pokémon X - 3:17

Bravely Default was released and been playing that a lot. The playtime would be way higher if I didn't get distracted with Borderlands xD. I love it though, the characters and music are the best. And the job system is great and I like the summon friend thing.

And I finished up Final Fantasy III that I started at the end of last month. Cloud of Darkness is a pain, especially at the end when she just started spamming Particle Beam. And with X, I just grabbed all my stuff from White 2. I really need to go back and fill in all the blanks in my Pokédex.

Dat Matt
03-02-2014, 05:49 PM
I think it would be best if we keep these to one thread rather than have one for each month. That way we can go back and look at our activity over the whole year!

That'll be fine. When I'm updating the thread each month I'll just ask Shauna to update the thread title.

Del Murder
03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
February 2014
Steps - 1,984
1. Fire Emblem Awakening - 27:09

I finally beat it and have one Paralogue left to go (the last one where you fight like 50 enemies). After that I'll switch to Zelda.

Dat Matt
03-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't recall much of fire emblem since I finished it last year, but I never had an issue with a large number of enemies. I was playing on normal mode, but the main issue I encountered was with the final battle. When I didn't one shot the final boss like I had done throughout the game to every enemy ever and had to actually plan my moves, that was pretty tough. I had considered getting the DLC, but by that point I'd moved onto other things.

I have finished the main story of Layton and the Azran Legacy. The story in this Trilogy does not seem to be as insane as the first trilogy. I was kind of dissapointed when it turned out that the Azran legacy itself wasn't something stupid like a bunch of grapes or some nonsense. I am now running round collecting all the missing puzzles and collection items. Should shelf this game pretty soon. Thinking Tales of the Abyss is next on my list.

Del Murder
03-04-2014, 02:55 AM
The last paralogue battle had about 50 enemies and most with capped stats so it was a lot harder than everything before it. Too hard for me, so I said smurf it and moved on to Zelda.

Dat Matt
03-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Only took me 16 hours to 100% A link between worlds. That game is super good.

Shauna
03-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I think my entire game catalogue for February for 3DS (not including a certain someone's Pokemon habits) was Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Pretty cool game.

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2014, 05:23 AM
Only took me 16 hours to 100% A link between worlds. That game is super good.

With all the StreetPass challenges? I'm still working on my last three. D:

Dat Matt
03-10-2014, 07:48 PM
When I played the game it was within the first few days. No one really had the game at that point so I think I've found one person on Streetpass during my actual playtime. I've now maxed out the number of people available for streetpass, but I never went back for them.

Dat Matt
04-05-2014, 12:07 PM
That time of the month again.

My List for March 2014:

Steps - 3,389

1 - Pokemon Y
26:55 Hours
2 - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
6:01 Hours
3 - Tales of the Abyss
3.05 Hours

I finished up Professor Layton from last month, and started on Tales of the Abyss. I'm enjoying it so far, but the most recent tales games I've played (Symphonia on) i've played as multiplayer games. It's weird playing one single player.

Despite finishing Pokemon, I find myself playing it in between studying, just because I can play it for half an hour without much stress. I'm trying to get a shiny squad which is easier with the Shiny Charm and Friend Safari. I'm trying to get a Shiny Ralts/Kirala just now, but it's super hard without having the friend safari for it. The Masuda Method is taking ages.

What have you been playing in March?

Shaibana
04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Pokemon X is the only thing ive been playing.
got some cool new pokemon now :3
and im trying to breed a shiny eevee (x Ditto)
but now i realise im problably doing it wrong :l... need 2 from 2 different regions, right?

Del Murder
04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
March 2014
Steps - 2,735
1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 18:43
2. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - 7:18
3. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - 3:20
4. Fire Emblem Awakening - 0:29

Was trying that last paralogue in FE but it was too hard so I said screw that. I then turned to some Theatrhythm since it's a nice go-to between games. Was then able to start and complete A Link Between Worlds in one month (it was great but too short!). I'm now on to Mario & Luigi, which is a fun game but so far too much like the previous games.

Dat Matt
04-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Did you get 100% in A link between worlds Del? I got all the Octopus babies, 99 of each material, 9999 rupees and every item in the game, but finished the game in about 13 hours.

The handheld Zelda games have always been short, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Means I'll look forward to dropping more time on it in a couple of years, unlike Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time (which while great fun both took about 40 hours to complete)

Vermachtnis
04-05-2014, 09:34 PM
March 2014
Steps: 3,823

1. Kid Icarus: Uprising - 4:38
2. Pokémon X - 0:40
3. Bravely Default - 0:10

Ummm...yeah. I didn't play my 3DS so much this month.

Dat Matt
04-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I think we are in a lull just now, nothing is actually coming out this month worth picking up in the EU. This means backlog.

I have Professor Layton vs Pheonix Wright to play though. I'm surprised Shauna isn't foaming at the mouth for us to get started that yet. We jumped Straight into Dual Destinies which was the most fun. I also want to work through Tales of the Abyss more this month. Kinda excited for Kirby next month though. They are the most fun.

Del Murder
04-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Did you get 100% in A link between worlds Del? I got all the Octopus babies, 99 of each material, 9999 rupees and every item in the game, but finished the game in about 13 hours.

The handheld Zelda games have always been short, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Means I'll look forward to dropping more time on it in a couple of years, unlike Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time (which while great fun both took about 40 hours to complete)
Yeah I did all that stuff. It was still fun regardless of the length.

Dat Matt
04-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, was great. I did want to play hero mode straight after the main story. Haven't done it yet. Maybe I'll play Majora's Mask before I do that.

Shaibana
04-08-2014, 12:10 PM
.. i need more DS games, any recomandations?

Skyblade
04-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Did you reach a time of 999 seconds on the Cucoo dodging game to be given the giant Cucoo, though?

Dat Matt
04-08-2014, 09:04 PM

Did you reach a time of 999 seconds on the Cucoo dodging game to be given the giant Cucoo, though?

That sounds masochistic in nature. I got to about 2 minutes and gave up

.. i need more DS games, any recomandations?

You could try games from my top 5 list from last year.

1. Pheonix Wright Ace Attourney: Dual Destines
2. Zelda: A Link between worlds
3. Pokemon X/Y
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

All are pretty swell.

Vermachtnis
04-08-2014, 09:20 PM
I'd like to add Kid Icarus: Uprising, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Etrian Odyssey IV to the list of recommendations.

Trumpet Thief
04-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Over the past 3/4 months, I finished A Link Between Worlds and Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

Both were absolutely stellar games that I would recommend to anyone. :D

Del Murder
04-09-2014, 05:28 AM
I'm playing Mario & Luigi now and finding it too similar to the other games. The Dreamy Luigi stuff is not enough for me. If I hadn't played the other three games in this series I would probably have liked this one more, but that's mostly a testament to how good those games were.

Trumpet Thief
04-09-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm playing Mario & Luigi now and finding it too similar to the other games. The Dreamy Luigi stuff is not enough for me. If I hadn't played the other three games in this series I would probably have liked this one more, but that's mostly a testament to how good those games were.

Different strokes for different folks. It definitely is similar to the other games, but I'm a huge fan of the formula so I can't say I mind too much.

How far are you into it? The game isn't perfect by any means but I enjoy the fact that this entry of the game is chalk full of interesting characters, and has two pretty large towns in it. The dreamy Luigi stuff is a bit inconsistent, but it definitely has high points (some way later in the game).

I do rank Bowser's Inside Story and Superstar Saga above this one, but those games (especially Superstar Saga) were masterpieces.

Rostum
04-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Just got a 3DS XL this month.

April 2014
Steps: 62,358
1. Super Mario 3D Land - 7:00

So many games I want to get, just no time to play them...

Del Murder
04-09-2014, 05:22 PM
62,000 steps? Where are you taking that thing?

Agent Proto
04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
As of March, this is what I've been playing.

March 2014
Steps: 8,560
1. BRAVELY DEFAULT: 69:01
2. Pokemon Y: 2:16

Dat Matt
04-09-2014, 11:46 PM

When I took my 3DS XL to London we clocked in 40,000 steps on 3 days. On my regular communte to work via the bus I averaged 5000 steps a day, so over 100,000+ each month. 60,000 steps is 2,000 steps a day, which is about 20 minutes walking.

Also Proto, how are you enjoying Bravely default? 69 Hours was about as much time as it took me to finished the game and all the side quests n stuff. Where you at?

Agent Proto
04-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm usually in sleep mode to get SP most of the time, but I'm in the 5th chapter at the moment.

Rostum
04-10-2014, 06:12 AM

I take it with me to work every day, of which I walk to and from since I hate public transport and I get to walk through some pretty amazing gardens (it's around 8-9km's per day).

Dat Matt
04-12-2014, 11:32 AM
How long does 8-9 km take you to walk a day? Sounds super long.

Rostum
04-13-2014, 12:43 AM
How long does 8-9 km take you to walk a day? Sounds super long.

It's around 40 minutes each way so... 80 minutes all up. :) (you get used to it once it becomes a routine)

On another note, just finished Mario 3D Land. Was awesome, but a bit too easy.

Del Murder
04-13-2014, 01:34 AM
You play your DS as you walk?

Dat Matt
04-13-2014, 08:13 PM
When I walked to work, I would check streetpasses while walking. Couldn't do anything more in-depth though. I did use to play Animal Crossing New Leaf on the bus though. Some fish and bugs could only be found between 4-9am which is commuting time to work. Can't do it any more cause I drive to work now.

Formalhaut
04-13-2014, 08:35 PM
I didn't play my 3DS much last year, but this year, I played Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies and absolutely loved it. One of the best of the series even if I did miss examining things in the investigation period (besides the set periods where you can).

I also so got back into Pokemon and bought Pokemon X. I'm not so far into it (just past the first visit to Lumiose City) but I am loving it so far. It takes a damn long time for a perfectionist like me: so many Pokemon to catch and level up, not to mention super-train.

Rostum
04-13-2014, 10:15 PM
You play your DS as you walk?

Nope, I walk with my girlfriend. :)

Dat Matt
04-13-2014, 10:49 PM
I also so got back into Pokemon and bought Pokemon X. I'm not so far into it (just past the first visit to Lumiose City) but I am loving it so far. It takes a damn long time for a perfectionist like me: so many Pokemon to catch and level up, not to mention super-train.

I got all 718 pokemon in about 200 hours. I have been Shiny Pokemon hunting recently trying to make a shiny only squad. That is taking time. If you are interested in EV training your pokemon, you're best super training them a soon as you catch them. It takes about 45-60 minutes to full train each pokemon via super training.

Formalhaut
04-14-2014, 12:48 AM

I got all 718 pokemon in about 200 hours. I have been Shiny Pokemon hunting recently trying to make a shiny only squad. That is taking time. If you are interested in EV training your pokemon, you're best super training them a soon as you catch them. It takes about 45-60 minutes to full train each pokemon via super training.

I haven't the spirit to super-train them to full completion. I have gotten over half with Pidgey, Braixen and one or two others though. I've also been using Pokemon-Amie to get the benefits from there as well.

Funnily enough about shiny pokemon, I've got one already! It's a Gulpin on that route just west of Lumiose (Route 5?). Found it in a Horde encounter. Pretty neat to find one so damn early.

How did you get all 718 pokemon? Did you have to trade loads?

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Oh man, I need to post in here but my heavy use of the 3DS was a few months ago. I've been busy with school and other things to use it very much. :cry:

Dat Matt
04-14-2014, 06:12 PM

I haven't the spirit to super-train them to full completion. I have gotten over half with Pidgey, Braixen and one or two others though. I've also been using Pokemon-Amie to get the benefits from there as well.

Funnily enough about shiny pokemon, I've got one already! It's a Gulpin on that route just west of Lumiose (Route 5?). Found it in a Horde encounter. Pretty neat to find one so damn early.

How did you get all 718 pokemon? Did you have to trade loads?

Basically yeah. I began at the start of the year and was done by the end of February. Before the release of Pokemon anywhere but Japan someone people got access to it. Shauna found a Piplup or some other random starter on the Wonder Trade and I used that to trade for anything I was missing and was breedable. E.g. I bred it, then went to the wonder trade to get things like Ratatta which are not available in X/Y.

When I had everything it was feesable to get via trading, I started on the other games Like Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black/White and Platinum to get the things I was missing. Mostly Legendaries.

I then traded with friends to get the 7 or so I was missing. Things like Mew, Deoxys, Melotta etc.

I imagine it would be harder now that the Pokemon Bank is live, thus lowering the scarcity of the starters.

Masamunemaster
04-15-2014, 06:57 AM
I just got a 3ds recently and beat the legend of Zelda link between two worlds and spirit tracks, played a little bit of scribblenauts and have started Dragon quest 6.

Shaibana
04-15-2014, 03:23 PM
i really need another game for the ds

Dat Matt
04-17-2014, 08:17 AM
What have you most recently finished? We can recommend you stuff.

Shaibana
04-19-2014, 10:07 PM
i only have Pokemon..
and Kid Icarus, but i dont like that game. its all too fast and to messy. and i hate the fact that the story gets told through the action, making me unable to focus on that...
and as a person who finds the story important that annoys me very much

Dat Matt
04-20-2014, 12:41 AM
I love the interactions and characters in Kid Icarus, but everything is far too fast to enjoy it.

If you fancy something that will give you lots of hours Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening are great games that you'll get about 40+ hours out of, both have demos on the EU eShop, not sure about the NA store. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are pretty good for some light non-RPG gameplay. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mazk/Azaran Legacies are pretty good puzzle games.

Also the 3DS has the full access to the DS library, Here is a recommended list for DS (http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS) and 3DS games (http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS).

Masamunemaster
04-20-2014, 03:49 AM
After everyone's opinions on here I bought fire emblem. Only time will tell.

Shaibana
04-20-2014, 12:30 PM
I love the interactions and characters in Kid Icarus, but everything is far too fast to enjoy it.

If you fancy something that will give you lots of hours Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening are great games that you'll get about 40+ hours out of, both have demos on the EU eShop, not sure about the NA store. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are pretty good for some light non-RPG gameplay. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mazk/Azaran Legacies are pretty good puzzle games.

Also the 3DS has the full access to the DS library, Here is a recommended list for DS (http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS) and 3DS games (http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS).

the 2nd problem is money :P and a game like Bravely Default is just too expensive at this moment xD
and mario kart is always good :D
ill see if i can get them for a good price

Dat Matt
04-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Problem with First Party Nintendo games (correction: Most good nintendo games) is the prices very seldom drop in price. New Super Mario Brothers Wii still retails for about Ł30 when RRP at launch is Ł40. Game is like 7 years old now or something dumb like that. Mario Kart 7 Still sells on Amazon.co.uk for Ł36. I bought games at launch recently for cheaper than that. There are cheaper versions online, but I wouldn't know where to look for them outside of the UK.

Bravely default and fire emblem are great games to have, both games have demos on the E-Shop, give them a shot if you want to know more about them.

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 08:40 PM
So, umm, this is a week late because I forgot about it... but...

My List for April 2014:

Steps - 547

1 - Pokemon X
24:27 Hours
2 - Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright
4:59 Hours
3 - Super Mario Bros
0:10 Hours

So I don't even know how I put in 25 hours to Pokemon last month, I don't even remember it. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney is pretty good though. It's merged aspects from both games together to create a new experience. The Trials section of the case is pretty different from the other Ace Attorney games, as we are currently Cross-Examining 5 people at once.

Also 10 minutes was spent on mario to get a score for the first month of "High Score Challenge" a link to which is in my signiture[/shameless plug]

Shauna
05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Still only Epic Mickey for me. And not very much. I need to get that 3DS charged...

Vermachtnis
05-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Steps - 9,881

1 - Etrian Odyssey IV 16:40
2 - Kid Icarus: Uprising 9:10
3 - Zelda: Four Swords 5:59

Finally got around to beating Etrian Odyssey IV and did some of the extra stuff on Kid Icarus and me and my roommate played Four Swords.

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Is the 3DS version of 4 swords connected via download play and all that noise?

Also is this the free copy that was given out later last year to North America and no where else? I have a copy myself from a previous promotion, but I can still be sore about not getting free stuff!

Vermachtnis
05-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Yup, that free one.

Shaibana
05-11-2014, 11:54 AM
i havent played anything this month :l

Rostum
05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Been playing the new Mario Golf World Tour. Fantastic game! :)

Dat Matt
05-12-2014, 09:07 PM
I've seen that advertised around. Never really been interested in the Mario Sports games personally.

Masamunemaster
07-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Ok I started fire emblem last night, and there is only one thing I have to say. Why didn't anyone warn me about how much more difficult this one is compared to others? I started a hard classic game to keep close to the originals and I'm barely past chapter 3 haha.

Rez09
07-05-2014, 05:46 PM
It's been a while since I last played, but I don't remember finding Hard mode on Awakening that challenging. Hmm . . . are you linking your characters?

Masamunemaster
07-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Yea, I'm trying to get the hang of smarter computer characters, not the "let's wait right in his range"kind

Skyblade
07-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok I started fire emblem last night, and there is only one thing I have to say. Why didn't anyone warn me about how much more difficult this one is compared to others? I started a hard classic game to keep close to the originals and I'm barely past chapter 3 haha.

There are some new mechanics to get used to, but I didn't think it was that much harder. I did play Normal first to get the hang of things, but Hard is my standard play style.

Once you beat Chapter 3, you can buy Reeking Boxes to let you grind, if you want to tone down the difficulty. Beating Chapter 4 unlocks the awesome DLC chapters to make grinding even easier.

Masamunemaster
07-10-2014, 01:42 AM
I was looking for the dlc stuff but couldn't find it haha.

Skyblade
07-10-2014, 05:02 AM
I was looking for the dlc stuff but couldn't find it haha.

Once you beat Chapter 4, go to the Outrealm Gate. Then buy everything, because they're all awesome.

Masamunemaster
07-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Here's a question, is donnel worth it?

Shaibana
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
ive played only Mario Kart 7 online lately :D
i love mario kart, a childhood love.
my next DS game will be Mario Tennis :D

Skyblade
07-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Here's a question, is donnel worth it?

Yes. The Villager class sucks, but Aptitude is still a fantastic skill. Also, once you get the ability to switch classes, Donnel can become a Mercenary, which is one of the best classes in the game.

Wolf Kanno
07-17-2014, 10:47 PM
June:
Steps - 10.765
Games - 2 hours to finish up Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D which I must say, addressed quite a few of the technical issues that I felt held this game back.

July (Thus far)
Steps - 6,369
Games - Shin Megami Tensei IV, 11h 39m, finishing up some DLC and filling out the Compendium. I beat it a while ago and should probably do NG+ but right now I'm, trying to back away from handhelds and get to work on my console game backlog so I'm just finishing up old games instead of starting new things like Soul Hackers or Bravery Default.