PDA

View Full Version : Breakthroughs

Jinx
02-05-2014, 01:38 AM
Today I did two things: deleted almost half of friends list of Facebook because I don't talk to them, or don't like them, or in some cases don't even know who they are.

Realized that arguing (some people call it debating) with people is just kind of a bad idea. You only get angry and riled up and most people really have no interest in hearing the other person's side (and I include myself in this) so it's just easier to not get upset about things unless it's something really, really important.

Have you had any breakthroughs lately?

Shiny
02-05-2014, 02:52 AM
*checks to see if we're still friends*

Shiny
02-05-2014, 03:03 AM
:aimkiss:

As for your question, I figured out how to solve a few technical issues that my other co-workers couldn't figure out so that was pretty cool I guess.

escobert
02-05-2014, 03:41 AM
*checks to see if we're still friends*

lol first thing I did

I get all pissy when "debating" so I just try not to anymore. if you don't agree with me, whatever I don't want to talk with you and I'm sure there's something else we could talk about!

But yeah nothing new in my world. not much really ever changes.

Pumpkin
02-05-2014, 03:50 AM
I want to become a drug counselor. I had this breakthrough a little while ago.

Unfortunately I don't have the necessary means to accomplish this :(.

Shorty
02-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Writer's block breakthrough! I've been lollygagging with a story idea for atleast a year now (longer, actually, I think), and I finally sat down and put one word in front of another until I made some good progress. Pretty pleased! :jess:

Pumpkin
02-05-2014, 03:55 AM
I actually just volunteered for trauma counseling which provides a certain amount of training and I've been looking for more opportunities. I hope to hear back from them soon.

As for being able to become a counselor, I need a certain amount of schooling that I can't afford, a certain amount of experience, and then I need to take a course and a test, which I also can't afford, before I can be licensed. At least that's what I need for SC. Not sure how it works elsewhere.

Fonzie
02-05-2014, 03:59 AM
I realized while drawing my face that I have really distinct eyebrows.

Shlup
02-05-2014, 05:03 AM
I realized your second point probably a few weeks ago... and then a couple of weeks later realized that I like it anyway. And then realized today that it's more of a time waste than pretty much any other hobby I can think of. It's all ego, no productivity. So my feelings on it are currently mixed.

I also realize more and more just how primitive of a society we really are.

Ayen
02-05-2014, 06:24 AM
No, but my dad broke through a table once.

Crop
02-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I had an amazing breakthrough a couple of years back regarding how insignificant everything, including myself, is. It has freed me from the stresses of life and allows me to always enjoy myself.

I no longer need anymore breakthroughs.

Psychotic
02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
why did you delete me jinx i thought we were pals

palleons in fact

which is like a spanish galleon but with more pals

I discovered the difference between a bayonet cap and a screw cap light bulb.

Shaibana
02-05-2014, 01:41 PM
in an MMO there are some douchebags.
they didnt agree on how i ran the room, and a certain lagging person was like: ''if you kick me now, ill kick you everytime you're in my room'' .. i cant stand that attitude, they always take it personal when you kick someone.

''kicking me for no reason'' .. something ive heard multiple times.
i just stopped giving craps a long while ago.

couple of years ago pushed a button in my brain releasing me from giving any fucks.
Now i dont care what ppl think about me, and even if i crashed a plain i wouldt get stressed about it.

Bubba
02-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I managed to get a score of 146 on Flappy Bird, realised I would never better it, then promptly deleted the game from my phone.

This is probably the biggest breakthrough of my life.

magemasher
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah like 1 minute before I opened this thread. I was about to get into an argument on another forum about something trivial, the I thought whats the point I wont gain anything other than high blood pressure and stress. So logged out and came over to eoff, best decision all day.

Ayen
02-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Whenever I get into a political or religious debate I'm ignored 90% of the time.

People only care what I think about video games.