PDA

View Full Version : Fried green tomatoes and other fryable things.

fire_of_avalon
02-05-2014, 02:29 AM
How many of you have had this wonderful thing? It is best on a sandwich, with mayonnaise and other things you may like such as scrambled eggs or bacon or just lettuce is good, and it is the best. It is the best, best, good best.

I know noxy has had this. I know. But are fried green tomatoes regional? If so, come to this region and have some.

Please describe your thoughts and feelings for fried green tomatoes. Please tell me about your favorite fried foods!

Pumpkin
02-05-2014, 03:31 AM
Wasn't that a movie?

Shlup
02-05-2014, 03:46 AM
My local health food place sells fried green tomatoes, and they are amazing. There aren't many foods I like fried, but green tomatoes are so good.

magemasher
02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
The restaurant I used to work at did fried green tomatoes, I never tried it though as I have a strange relationship tomatoes, I love to make sauce with them but cannot stand fresh or cooked tomatoes. What region are you in? The ones I saw were homegrown in England.

There is a Sicilian tomato which is best eaten between red and green, they are so sweet.

Mirage
02-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I've never tasted it but i've seen the movie!

noxious.sunshine
02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Fried green tomatoes when done right are so yum. I've tried making them, but they didn't turn out that great.

Along w fried pickles. Oh sweet Jesus are fried pickles yummy. With ranch for dipping.

My fried chicken is pretty baller.

Ooooo and fried zucchini!! Yum. And eggplant for eggplant parm!

Damnit foas.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-06-2014, 02:37 PM
I like fried green tomatoes, fried pickles, fried catfish and fried okra. Pan fried is pretty much the only way I like catfish.

I think at least the tomatoes and okra started out in this region, but they've caught on and move elsewhere.

Things I've seen, heard of, or tried that I was not impressed with; fried nuggets of corn (breaded nuggets with corn in them), mac and cheese fried nuggets, fried fucking candy bars (I saw this on some show, they were frying Mars bars in the UK), fried oreos, aaand fried apples.

noxious.sunshine
02-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Corn balls!!! Yes!

I'm making fried mashy tater (as my dad calls it) balls tonight w the leftover mashed potatoes I made last night.

fried frog legs. I need some now.

noxious.sunshine
02-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Corn balls!!! Yes!

I'm making fried mashy tater (as my dad calls it) balls tonight w the leftover mashed potatoes I made last night.

fried frog legs. I need some now.

Chris
02-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Nothing better than fried bread. It is so yummingly delicious!

escobert
02-17-2014, 12:15 AM
I don't like tomatoes but damn I love me some fried green tomatoes in a beer batter :D

blackmage_nuke
02-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Fries (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjse8Opobw)

Seriously though I love chips

noxious.sunshine
02-22-2014, 11:20 AM
fry bread.

the native american kind. omg.... fry bread tacos are so beyond yummy...

I tried making fried oreos one time, but i didnt do it right.,. They were too mushy.