PDA

View Full Version : Easiest/Hardest Final Fantasy you've played

BlueD
02-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Didn't see a post about this.. Like the title says whats been the easiest and or hardest FF title for you and why. Right now i'm finishing XII up and I think this has been the easiest one (VII,VIII,IX,X,andX-2) leveling didn't take to much time haven't really struggled with any of the bosses gil was a bit hard to come by especially later in the game when gear and magic was getting expensive. Out of the ff i've played I really havent had much difficulty maybe VIII just because I was really young and didn't use a walkthrough..

VeloZer0
02-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Easiest: FF12
Hardest: FF1

Based on all the main series titles, but none of the spinnoffs.

magemasher
02-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Hardest for me was 12, still only at pharos and haven't plated in 3 years. Easiest probably 8, not a single KO until end of disc 2.

Pumpkin
02-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Hardest is a tie between XII and XIII. XIII started out easy and got hard towards the end and I was so unmotivated by my distaste for the game that I didn't want to bother. XII I did enjoy but it got difficult for me around the Phon Coast. Man that game was long. Tactics also gets pretty difficult.

It's hard to say easiest because some of them like IX and VIII I have played them so many times I know them like the back of my hand. I would actually say VII. I had never gotten past the beginning of disc 1 before last year and I tried since it is tied for my boyfriend's favorite FF game. It was actually really easy. Leveling was easy, the materia system was easy, boss fights, even the ones that I was initially scared of, were easy. I noticed a difference between VII and IX for example, in that IX you could finish the game at probably level 40 if you put little effort in to grinding, and it took me FOREVER to get to level 70, which is where I wanted to be. In VII I got up to level 60 without trying too much and it took very little time after that to get to 70.

BlueD
02-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Hardest is a tie between XII and XIII. XIII started out easy and got hard towards the end and I was so unmotivated by my distaste for the game that I didn't want to bother. XII I did enjoy but it got difficult for me around the Phon Coast. Man that game was long. Tactics also gets pretty difficult.

It's hard to say easiest because some of them like IX and VIII I have played them so many times I know them like the back of my hand. I would actually say VII. I had never gotten past the beginning of disc 1 before last year and I tried since it is tied for my boyfriend's favorite FF game. It was actually really easy. Leveling was easy, the materia system was easy, boss fights, even the ones that I was initially scared of, were easy. I noticed a difference between VII and IX for example, in that IX you could finish the game at probably level 40 if you put little effort in to grinding, and it took me FOREVER to get to level 70, which is where I wanted to be. In VII I got up to level 60 without trying too much and it took very little time after that to get to 70.

im the same way with IX and X ive played both so many times its just too easy.. The thing I like about X is the sphere grid system so times I ake characters down different grids just to change the game play up but IX being one of my top games I try to play it at least 2-3 times a year,

Ayen
02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Any of the older games are going to be harder because of the emphasis put on grinding back then. Most of the newer games to my knowledge don't have that same emphasis. Though once you get leveling up it gets easier, at least that was my case with I though that was also the PlayStation port with the easier difficulty so that might have had something to do with it.

Hardest game for me was I and the easiest was VII once I started leveling up 2/3 levels before each boss fight. VIII and X were a bit more difficult at times because of the Junction system and Sphere grid.

Motdrafin
02-05-2014, 09:07 PM
To me, I feel the easiest was FFI and FFII on the GBA port of the games. The difficulty in general was toned down a lot, such as leveling up much quicker (FFI), getting many HP boosts and not loosing any skill experience (FFII), lowering the HP monsters have and damage you with, and saving anywhere you want; making the games easy cake-walks.

The hardest was probably FFIV DS. Not in a grindy way though, as this FF probably has the most strategy involved with the bosses. Not counting strategy for difficulty, probably FFIII was the hardest, mainly do to getting to the end of a dungeon, then dying. Anyways, Final Fantasy games are pretty easy in general compared to other games.

Jiro
02-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Easiest is probably Final Fantasy I or Final Fantasy VIII. But both only count now, after I've "mastered" them. Final Fantasy XII didn't give me much trouble up until the latter stages at which point I forgot to keep playing... :shobon: Final Fantasy VII is pretty easy on my "current" playthrough, given that I grinded under Junon for like 5 hours until I was level 50 or 60 on Disc 1.

Hardest includes II and IV and V for me. V was mostly difficult because of the horrendous load times on the PS version I had and the fact that my ROM was corrupted. So. Yeah. FFII is brutal though, I got stuck on in Wizardsville (I forget the name okay) and couldn't get back.

Fynn
02-06-2014, 08:18 AM
For hardest I'm gonna go with XII, if only because I was a dumb highschooler back then who could barely form coherent sentences, let alone battle strategies. For easiest - VI. First FF I beat. I believe you can beat it with your eyes closed. Funnily enough, both of these games are my favorite in the series :)

Hollycat
02-06-2014, 01:53 PM
The easiest was probably FF1. You can breeze through it in a few days.
The hardest was easily FF3. There's an early dungeon that requires lots of MP to get through, and there's no way to recover MP at that point in the game. Of course, the game doesn't bother to tell you that before hand.

VeloZer0
02-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Reading through this I can easily see who played FF1: DoS versus the original. :p

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I've only played FF1: DoS version, which is harder?

Vermachtnis
02-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Easiest: V or VI, it's just so easy to have broken characters in those games. And even without broken characters, the game isn't hard.

Hardest: III and I attribute it all to the lack of save points. The final stretch of the game has you going through eight floors with a boss at the end, followed by another dungeon with five floors and each floor with a boss that was tougher than the boss you just fought and then there's the Cloud of Darkness. That bitch. She gets four turns. And when you start winning she spams Particle Beam, which does around 1200-1800 damage and at that point Refia had the highest HP at 3200.

I've only played FF1: DoS version, which is harder?

The one on the original Nintendo is way, waaaaaay harder than DoS and Origins.

Mirage
02-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Y'all a bunch of noobs, FF11 for hardest.

I'm not sure which would be the easiest. There's a lot of easy Final Fantasy games.

VeloZer0
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM
The one on the original Nintendo is way, waaaaaay harder than DoS and Origins.
The difficulty between Origins and the original is minimal. It uses the same mechanics, there are just some minor tweaks.

But yeah, DoS is incredibly easy, vs the original which is most certainly not.

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Wait, I'm sorry, I think I was mistaken.I played the PS1 game that came with FFII. I thought that was DoS, but now I'm thinking it was Origins?

Either way, I haven't played the original.

Hollycat
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I played psp, origins and dos. It is the easiest to me.

Also the original tactics is hard.

Fynn
02-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I just remembered III didn't let you but Phoenix downs.