PDA

View Full Version : Games that you regret never completing.

magemasher
02-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I only really have the one and thats Zelda: Links Awakening on the game boy. I must of been about 6 when I brought it, over the space of about 6-8 years I got quite far until I got lost in the rapids area. Every time I think about that game I die a little:cry: because I know I'm never going back to it, I never want to feel like that about a video game again so I only play games I know I will like and complete.

SE know my pain, thats why they re-released FF8:D

Ayen
02-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Final Fantasy I, V and VI, Xenosaga Episode I, Metal Gear Solid 3. I'm sure there are others but I can't remember them at the moment.

NeoCracker
02-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Breath of Fire IV, especially since it's still on my PS3 right now ready to play. :p

Mirage
02-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Grandia, because i was basically staring at the entrance to the last dungeon and then i forgot about it for long enough to lose the save file

Del Murder
02-05-2014, 08:19 PM
The original Lufia.

Spuuky
02-06-2014, 12:00 AM
The original Lufia.Did you play Lufia 2?

Breath of Fire 3, and Final Fantasy 13. But I'll remedy at least one of those.

Del Murder
02-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Yes I did. So I regret not ever getting around to finishing the first.

Pete for President
02-06-2014, 02:45 AM
FFVI. Got stuck in that tower where the boss casts Ultima or some other goo when defeated. It took me out twice and I gave up. There were some other gameplay things I didn't like and I don't think I'll ever start over to finish it.

black orb
02-06-2014, 07:25 AM
>>> All the games I have never completed were bad games, so no I dont regret anything..:luca:

NeoCracker
02-06-2014, 06:27 PM

If you ever get back to it, I warn you it has aged poorly compared to it's sequal, but it's still worth a run. :p

AssassinDX
02-06-2014, 07:02 PM
FFVI. Got stuck in that tower where the boss casts Ultima or some other goo when defeated. It took me out twice and I gave up. There were some other gameplay things I didn't like and I don't think I'll ever start over to finish it.

I think this is where I got up to as well, I was quite happily breezing through the game when I got absolutely destroyed by that boss. I moved on to other games and never came back to it, fortunately I rarely sell my games so I can still try it again one day.

Another would be Knights of The Old Republic, I played it for quite a while before buying an entirely new system and the hard drive with that save on isn't compatible with the newer machine and I haven't got around to buying some sort of transfer cable or something to make it compatible. I've tried playing through it again but I just want to carry on from where I left off rather than going through it all again.

Slothy
02-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Still haven't gotten around to finishing Persona 3. I'm close though. I think I'll play some tonight actually.

Del Murder
02-06-2014, 07:16 PM

If you ever get back to it, I warn you it has aged poorly compared to it's sequal, but it's still worth a run. :p
Yeah, I do recall the sequel being a much more polished game. It's a lot of fun!

Ayen
02-06-2014, 08:39 PM

I think this is where I got up to as well, I was quite happily breezing through the game when I got absolutely destroyed by that boss. I moved on to other games and never came back to it, fortunately I rarely sell my games so I can still try it again one day.

Another would be Knights of The Old Republic, I played it for quite a while before buying an entirely new system and the hard drive with that save on isn't compatible with the newer machine and I haven't got around to buying some sort of transfer cable or something to make it compatible. I've tried playing through it again but I just want to carry on from where I left off rather than going through it all again.

I feel your pain. That is not a game that survives on repeated playthroughs. After I beat it the first time it took effort to just run through the TARIS part to get to the point where the game actually takes off.

Shaibana
02-09-2014, 01:43 PM
the only game i can think of at this moment is FFX.
ive problably mentioned this 100x now, but i got stuck, forgot about it, sold my ps2 for a ps3.. so..
luckely ill be able to get a revange next month!

FF7. same story pretty much. got stuck on a boss and had not made any attempt to try again. but i am now bussy with the game again. even though im stuck again. but this time im really determined to finish it!

Vyk
02-10-2014, 03:34 AM
I couldn't stomach Final Fantasy XII long enough to where Vaan becomes unimportant to the story. I'M CAPTAIN BASCH gave me too many Tidus flashbacks and I kinda clocked out on the game for a little bit and then lost interest entirely. But I guess it's a pretty good game once Vaan becomes pointless to the plot. So I guess I missed out on one of the last legitimately good Final Fantasy games?

There's also Xenoblade Chronicles, which I was loving, until my girlfriend moved in and poured all sorts of unnecessary hate and whiney'ness towards her distaste of British voice acting, and I got tired of hearing about it every time I fired the game up I quit playing both it and The Last Story. And I recently bought Pandora's Tower just to give Operation Rainfall my love, but I know I won't be playing that game..

Need to finish up Ni No Kuni and Valkyria Chronicles as well

Quindiana Jones
02-10-2014, 04:13 AM
Definitely FFX.

Loony BoB
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Ico... but I still own it, so it's not like I can't complete it later.

Bubba
02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Definitely FFX.

Me too. I plan to rectify this though by buying the HD release for my Vita.

I'm on a bit of a mission at the minute to finish some from yesteryear that I never got round to. Currently making my way through Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Bolivar
02-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Dragon Quest VI on the DS. I rushed into the game. Planning to start a new file in the near future.

I think I may be about to give up on Heroes of Might & Magic V (again) and the Witcher 2. Nothing against them, just getting kinda burned out if ya know what I mean.

Mercen-X
02-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Wild Arms 3, Star Ocean Till, Metal Gear Solid 3, Grandia III... there are plenty of games I own that I haven't completed (among them, Chulips, Tomb Raider, FFT, FF6, FF5, FF4, FF2, FF1, FF3DS, Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms 2), but those four I regret not completing because I sold them. I also never completed the Xenosaga games (I rented them and played each to just near the end).

Leigh
02-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd say that 95% of games I have purchased over my 26 years of earth-living, I have failed to complete. That's a lot of games! I will say that I need to find time to retry Final Fantasy XII though.