PDA

View Full Version : I would love to work here

escobert
02-06-2014, 03:04 AM
Now This Guy Would Be Fun To Work With... He's Hilarious! - quickmeme (http://www.quickmeme.com/p/3vsga6)

any good work pranks?

Calliope
02-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Here's his website (http://www.27bslash6.com/f26a.html).

Psychotic
02-06-2014, 07:42 AM
That is hilarious. I love David's imagination. "Too busy researching wasps" made me literally lol.

I've done a couple of silly bits and pieces. I once went around sticking post-it notes on the bottom of everyone's mice which utterly blagged a fair few people.

A colleague of mine who used to sit next to me (she's now left - I wonder why!) had a print out of a photo of her husband and son together and and another one with her son Photoshopped as Harry Potter. I photoshopped in the face of another colleague of ours into the photos - he was both the father and son! Everyone, and I mean everyone in the office came over to look at my handiwork, even the totally serious types from other teams who I never interact with apart from the usual "good morning how are you" routine that other office workers can relate to. I only meant it to be between a couple of us and at first I was like "trout, I'm going to get absolutely bollocked for this" and it was really awkward but they all thought it was brilliant, even the managers. Go figure. The woman in question wasn't quite so amused and ripped them up! :shobon:

Finally, football pranks. Me and a colleague who supports United took pleasure in telling each other lies about what each other's team has done "United have put in a bid for Tom Huddlestone!" for example. I know if you are one of the 97% of EoFFers who avoids the football thread you won't get that. Either way, it's now responded with "You liar" and a quick trip to the BBC Sport website. So I edited the actual source code of the BBC Sport website, made a fake news story about the Manchester United manager being sacked. I typed in the BBC Sport URL into the address bar but I didn't hit enter, so it looked like I was actually on that page. Called him over, and it completely and utterly had him. The rage when he found out what I'd done was hilarious... until he insisted we get an Arsenal supporting colleague with a fake story about their manager too, and I was all too happy to oblige.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Pranks are hilarious until you're destroying expensive personal property, or perhaps deleting files that have no back up else where.

Most of these are pretty great though.

Shorty
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM
ahahaha Simon is Dwight Schrute xD "This is wasting company time. And internet." ahahaa horse whisperer oh my god in heaven xD It was kind of David to paint his iPhone! He was just giving him what he wanted! And he was asking for it with having a Nickelback poster in his workspace. Simon sounds like a twit.

The most I've done is putting tape underneath mouses. Kindof not really a prank and more of a purposeful annoyance, but when we would decorate for birthdays at my old office, we would decorate ridiculously with streamers and paper ribbons and general decorations hanging down everywhere and impeding their workspace and would throw confetti and glitter everywhere so the birthday person would have to walk around all shiny and sparkly for the rest of the day (and probably for days afterward). :jess: Have you ever tried to get glitter out of a keyboard?

Jess
02-06-2014, 09:44 PM
One of my colleagues likes to smother phones in hand cream, so when somebody picks up their phone, it gets all over their face & hair. I always check my phone, so she's not got me yet!

Once, I popped out during lunch and when I got back, EVERYTHING on my desk was gone. I was so confused! One of my colleagues had moved all my stuff from my desk onto an empty desk on the other side of the office.

Also when somebody leaves their computer unlocked, it's commonplace to send emails from their computer. From offering to get the drinks in for the team, or declaring their undying love to someone.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-06-2014, 11:37 PM
I had the same thought, Shorty. I do take issue if all of these are real just because I am against damage to expensive property and such, but the Horse Whisperer thing was amazing.

I've never really pranked anyone at work that I'm aware of. There's not much I can do as a prank at my work that would be fun like some of these.

Iceglow
02-07-2014, 04:06 AM
Office pranks in my place tend to need to be low key due to the fact that all calls are recorded and the last thing anyone needs is the brass hearing you go "OH fuck you bloody bastard!" on another persons call. Generally because although yes the job is shit, losing it for gross misconduct would not help with getting a new one.

Flaming Ice
02-07-2014, 04:15 AM
On Halloween a fellow cook had the lights out, came walking towards me with red marks on his apron, hood and mask on, and a knife in hand :eek:

Funny how they block simon's last name but it's still on a note........

escobert
02-07-2014, 06:47 AM
That is hilarious. I love David's imagination. "Too busy researching wasps" made me literally lol.

I've done a couple of silly bits and pieces. I once went around sticking post-it notes on the bottom of everyone's mice which utterly blagged a fair few people.

I wanted to do this to the shipping guy today but, apparently they have already got him several times with it xD

blackmage_nuke
02-08-2014, 12:03 PM
No not cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOtNMp9GSoM)

noxious.sunshine
02-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I water bombed (ringing in waters under a server's open tables if they dont log out of their computer. It can be highly annoying.) this guy during a rly slow lunch shift... I'd never done it before.. Couldnt help myself .

The guy actually laughed and hi-5'd me when he saw it.. No one had ever gotten him before..

Quindiana Jones
02-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I spent the last six months turning everything on my friend's desk roughly ten - thirty degrees counter-clockwise whenever he wasn't around. This is the kind of prank I enjoy. He spent over four months coming to his desk, looking a bit confused because something was weird, not being able to figure it out and then just moving on with whatever he was doing. He finally figured it all out once I'd stepped it up a notch. Every time he would put his cup down during lunch or dinner, I would turn it a full 180 as soon as he looked away. He spent about a week going to pick up his coffee, looking confused, then just picking it up with his other hand until he finally realised that he wasn't imagining things. I saw the moment dawn in his head. He looked up at me, our eyes locked for a second, and I broke down laughing. The aftermath of him putting it all together was glorious, and one of the funniest things I've experienced. xD