PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Color

Laddy
02-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Never been much of a green fan, really. I mean, a great color scheme can have green and be very eye-catching, but I've never been one for it.

Sephex
02-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Brown or Beige. Both are boring colors. Especially beige. Beige is the color people see before committing suicide.

Hollycat
02-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Pale oranges and burnt yellow.

maybee
02-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Never been much of a green fan, really. I mean, a great color scheme can have green and be very eye-catching, but I've never been one for it.

Slothy
02-06-2014, 02:46 PM

You're dead to me.

Yellow is an absolutely atrocious color.

Fynn
02-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Disliking colors is racist. As a green-eyed person I am deeply offended by your egregious statement, Sir Laddy.

Rocket Edge
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Brown. Particularly the brown when you mix lots of paints together. You know what I'm talking about.

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Orange. I guess I don't mind if it is a deep enough orange but the bright oranges are very displeasing to my eyes.

Shorty
02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
I think brown as just a color itself is boring, but I have a lot of browns in my closet and shoes and I think it can look nice with paints and decors, etc. Brown cars are gross, though.

I used to hate yellow, but I've come around to liking it. Burnt orange is godawful, though, and so is gold. Also pink. Not a fan of pink.

noxious.sunshine
02-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Brown. Def.

I also am not the nicest fan of black, even tho I wear it all the time.

I'm a bright colors person- yellow, white, pink, turquoise, etc..

Vermachtnis
02-06-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm not the biggest fan Grey and Silver. Don't like Brown that much either.

Mirage
02-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Most shades of yellow. Many shades of green, but not "grass green" and "cyber green". I can accept details having these colors of course, but if it steals too much of the whole thing, no thanks.

Pike
02-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Pink, unless it is on a my little pony.

escobert
02-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Orange, Purple and Pink. red to a lesser extent. I prefer Blues, Blacks, Greys and browns.

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 06:34 PM
So much pink hate :stare:

I like red as an accent colour but too much red makes me blah

Mirage
02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
i love pink :(

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 06:44 PM

So do I :(

These people just don't understand, Mirage.

Hollycat
02-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Pink is a wonderful color.

Shorty
02-06-2014, 07:13 PM

I just don't think pink looks good anywhere or on anyone! I have a couple of springy pink floral skirts that I like, but other than that, no thanks. :stare:

escobert
02-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Pink stands out in green fields and woods where I spend lots of time. also pink is for hipsters not manly men! Murica smurf ya!

Fynn
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Well, good thing I'm not a 'Murrican, 'cause I like pink :love: Real men wear pink! I had these socks that I lost but they were awesome. The had like black and grey stripes but then suddenly, out of nowhere, half the sock is hot pink. Those socks were the best thing ever. Why did I have to lose them :cry:

escobert
02-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Pink will get seen by things in the woods!

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Pink will get seen by things in the woods!

Yeah.

Cool things that appreciate the colour pink.

escobert
02-06-2014, 08:54 PM
I dunno about they since they run away!

Ayen
02-06-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't have a least favorite color.

Also, too much pink energy is dangerous.

Fonzie
02-06-2014, 10:05 PM
I hate plain red along with almost all yellow except for Easter yellows. :jess:

edczxcvbnm
02-07-2014, 02:06 AM
I am not a fan of the color Red. Not at all. I much prefer the cool colors of Greens, Blues and Purples. Orange can be good as well.

Now this red hating ginger is taking his leave >.>

Shlup
02-07-2014, 02:10 AM
Beige is a terrible color. It only serves to make things subtly ugly.

Flaming Ice
02-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Pink is awful except maybe for flowers........especially awful on men.~.~

Ayen
02-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Pink is awful........especially awful on men.~.~

I disagree.

Fynn
02-07-2014, 06:29 AM
Fun fact: boys wearing blue and girls wearing pink is a really new thing. It started around the fifties, from what I remember. Before that, it was the other way around, because baby blue was more often associated with the Virgin Mary, while pink was the only acceptable shade of red (considered masculine) for boys because it did not bring blood to mind. :monster:

maybee
02-07-2014, 02:34 PM

Pink is the best ! Everybody is just envious of it's beauty :heart:

Old Manus
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Fun fact: boys wearing blue and girls wearing pink is a really new thing. It started around the fifties, from what I remember. Before that, it was the other way around, because baby blue was more often associated with the Virgin Mary, while pink was the only acceptable shade of red (considered masculine) for boys because it did not bring blood to mind. :monster:I've always been skeptical about this claim whenever I've read it, and have never seen any hard evidence suggesting things were the other way around. After a bit of googling, this article seems to agree. (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2831/was-pink-originally-the-color-for-boys-and-blue-for-girls)

blackmage_nuke
02-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I like green and I like yellow but I do not like that greenish yellow colour

A quick google calls it chartreuse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_%28color%29)

Fonzie
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM

Pink is the best ! Everybody is just envious of it's beauty :heart:

God I love the colours salmon and coral so much. :(

Fynn
02-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Fun fact: boys wearing blue and girls wearing pink is a really new thing. It started around the fifties, from what I remember. Before that, it was the other way around, because baby blue was more often associated with the Virgin Mary, while pink was the only acceptable shade of red (considered masculine) for boys because it did not bring blood to mind. :monster:I've always been skeptical about this claim whenever I've read it, and have never seen any hard evidence suggesting things were the other way around. After a bit of googling, this article seems to agree. (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2831/was-pink-originally-the-color-for-boys-and-blue-for-girls)
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. This article seems to base it's claims on evolutionary psychology, which is considered bulltrout by most scholars, but is somehow still gobbled up by pop science magazines. People love to get confirmation that the stereotypes they have are somehow ingrained in their biology, which is a false claim, as one closer look at gender roles in different indigenous tribes proves that gender roles (and, by extension, color-coding) are, in fact, purely cultural :monster:

I'm writing my MA on gender issues in linguistics and have read quite a few actual scientific books. So yeah, don't believe everything that confirms your beliefs.

Shiny
02-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Brown and white

Brown is the color or turds and white is the color of snow. I hate both equally.

Greenish yellow diarhea color also blows.

Old Manus
02-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. This article seems to base it's claims on evolutionary psychology, which is considered bulltrout by most scholars, but is somehow still gobbled up by pop science magazines. People love to get confirmation that the stereotypes they have are somehow ingrained in their biology, which is a false claim, as one closer look at gender roles in different indigenous tribes proves that gender roles (and, by extension, color-coding) are, in fact, purely cultural :monster:

I'm writing my MA on gender issues in linguistics and have read quite a few actual scientific books. So yeah, don't believe everything that confirms your beliefs.But that's exactly the point I was making. Is there actually any evidence that pink used to be a boy colour and blue used to be a girl colour?

Heath
02-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Sadly you'll get me in the anti-pink brigade. I like eating cake and drinking tea with my girlfriend, but there's only so much pink one can take in the twee tearooms we inevitably end up in.

Mo-Nercy
02-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Purple is incredibly overrated. It too garrish, particularly the more vibrant shades.
I'll stick up for brown though. I'd be nothing if not for brown pants and shoes.

Oh, and though my favourite colour is green - yucky olivey poop green is gross n' stuff.

LunarWeaver
02-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I hate white. White stuff gets dirty so quickly. I bought white sheets once. What a mistake. Hospitals are so white too. Oh, white headlights always up in my eyes making me squint n' shit. White bread isn't that great either. A white lie can ruin relationships, ya know? There's this whole white guilt thing I'm supposed to be doing all the time according to Tumblr. White cats aren't as cool as black cats. Vanilla isn't as good strawberry. Eat my irrational dislike for you, color.

Shiny
02-09-2014, 07:30 PM
White walls are the worse.

Shorty
02-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Amen to that.

escobert
02-09-2014, 07:50 PM
They aren't bad with light woodwork.

Ayen
02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
*looks around as he is surrounded by white walls everyday all day*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jiro
02-12-2014, 06:15 AM
I am not a fan of baby shit yellow/green.