PDA

View Full Version : Nuts

Del Murder
02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
What are your favorite nuts? Do you have any nut allergies?

The clearly best nuts are pistachios. Other than that I like cashews best. I'm lucky to not have any food allergies though a lot of people I know have a nut allergy of some kind.

Shorty
02-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Candied or salted cashews are best. Other than that, I do not eat any other kinds on their own. I like pine nuts and the like in salads, but mostly, I would prefer none at all.

Also, nuts do not belong in baking. Get out of my fudge and brownies and cookies, goddamnit.

Del Murder
02-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Also, nuts do not belong in baking. Get out of my fudge and brownies and cookies, goddamnit.
I would agree with you in general but the exception is pecan pie. That is delicious.

noxious.sunshine
02-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Agreed. No nuts in baked goods. Except white chocolate macadamia cookies.

Pistachios, cashews, cocoa dusted almonds, walnuts, pine nuts... Mmmmmmmmmm.

... And I would say the ones in my bf's pants, but that's gross.

Spuuky
02-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Cashews are far better than pistachios, but I forgive your misstatement. They're one of my absolute favorite things to eat. I also love eating peanuts and almonds, and presumably a bunch of other nuts that I haven't been exposed to or don't see very often.

Jess
02-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Pistachios are yummy. As are pecans, especially in pecan pie. I make a mean pecan pie!

I like almonds & salted peanuts too.

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I like ball... um nuts. Wait

I like peanuts a lot. Overall I like nuts. Michael likes them a lot. I don't mind them in baking. I'll eat cookies or brownies with nuts. And ice cream. And certain pies.

I like cashews a lot, but for whatever reason, I don't eat them too often.

magemasher
02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
I've started to add pine nuts to things lately like salads and brownies for example I was pretty much unaware of them before. Almonds and walnuts are nice. We have a regional nut called "cob nuts" where I 'm from, similar to hazelnut except creamier, free for me because there are wild trees everywhere.

Fonzie
02-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Oh boy, do I love nuts. :greenie:

Flaming Ice
02-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Nuts are great in baked goods...they give a different texture to various foods.\

I like cashews, pistachio, walnuts, peanuts, almonds.

Usually I'll buy raw almonds for the calcium/vitamin e etc.

In the form of butter they do!

blackmage_nuke
02-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Salty pistachios if its just the nuts, macadamia if its in some kind of desert or encased in chocolate

I Took the Red Pill
02-12-2014, 07:27 AM
I guess I'd say pistachios are my favorite too. But it's hard to find a more blissfully simple combination than salty peanuts and cold beer while chilling in your favorite bar.

Night Fury
02-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Aaaah Shorty you are wrong again! Chocolate and walnut brownies are delicious! As is Frangipane and Cherry/Almond cake. Get out.

I love almonds, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, pine nuts.... yum!

Ayen
02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Only nuts I've eaten are peanuts. Some times they stick them in M&M's. They're all right but I prefer they stay separate.

Bubba
02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Peanuts.

Preferably the chunky variety in butter.

Loony BoB
02-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts. All in moderation, though. Too much can make them pretty bad pretty fast. I'm also partial to Psychotic, although I worry I might be allergic to him, too.