PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to write a review of Bravely Default and I would like some opinions

Dat Matt
02-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys

So I've had the game since December and would will probably write a review for it now that it's coming out to the American shores. I would like some feedback on how you would like it done so I've made a poll.

I'll also answer any questions you may have in regards to the game itself so lemme know if you have any queries.

Dr Unne
02-06-2014, 10:06 PM
I can't imagine anyone wanting a review with spoilers in it.

Ayen
02-06-2014, 10:12 PM
The first option.

Dat Matt
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
I would leave out major plot spoilers, but basically the main grievance with the game relates to the later chapters. I would be unsure how to communicate the grievances without commenting on that potion of the game, that sort of spoiler. What's the opinion on that?

Ayen
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
In that case I'd go with option B. You get to point your major grievance and people can avoid being spoiled at the same time.

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 11:48 PM
I vote review it + give away free pie.

I keep hearing about this game but I don't have a 3DS. So I would like a very detailed review of what the game is, general story, characters, how many playable characters, world, environment, game play, etc.

And free pie

Skyblade
02-07-2014, 02:20 AM
I would leave out major plot spoilers, but basically the main grievance with the game relates to the later chapters. I would be unsure how to communicate the grievances without commenting on that potion of the game, that sort of spoiler. What's the opinion on that?

Actually, I'd honestly rather you hadn't even said that. I hadn't heard any major complaints about the game, and if there's a story one near the ending, I'm kind of going to be dreading it the whole time.

How big is this grievance exactly? Is it something that can be summed up briefly (as in "the ending sucked")? Is it something that you can detail or mention at all without spoilers, or is it a story point? Is it a massive fault, or a relatively minor one that stands out due to the overall really positive ratings of the rest of the game?

At this point, I'm pushing towards the "put in spoiler tags". At least three, nested spoiler tags. I don't want to find out plot points until way later. If you think you can address it without spoiling the story, go ahead. Otherwise...

I'd push for a hold on the review, except it would be like four months before I'm likely to actually finish this game (I do not play RPGs, especially quality, traditional RPGs, quickly).

Noctis Caelum
02-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Just a review on your thoughts of the game and how it compares to other turn based games and what it does better would be nice. No spoilers since I intend to play it when I get the chance to. Which may not be for another month or so.

Del Murder
02-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Don't put spoilers, even if you use the tags. It's ugly.

Dat Matt
02-07-2014, 06:38 PM
How about a Spoiler free review, and anything that I can't put across without spoilers I'll place after the review for those who want to know what my opinions are in regards to them? I'm sure you'd want to hear my thoughrs but in such as way that it won't ruin the experience for yourselves.

Ayen
02-07-2014, 07:49 PM
That works.

Del Murder
02-07-2014, 08:58 PM
It's your review, do it how you want. I think if you aim for it to go on the frontsite though (not saying that's true), it should be completely spoiler-free.