PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Rage (Series)

Ayen
02-07-2014, 01:54 AM
Who here has played Streets of Rage? I remember playing a beat em' up with my brother on the Sega Genesis so I'm pretty sure I played it as a kid. It was either one or two, I'm leaning towards two. Either way I got to play all three games on my Sega Genesis Collection and immensely enjoyed them. 2 is my favorite.

Discuss.

magemasher
02-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Streets of Rage was awesome, I had the first one on a 6 game cartridge. Completed it with my brother and I think it was the first game I completed. I only played the first one but it was definitely one of my favourites from the mega drive. I was a fan of a similar game on ps2 called The Bouncer.

Loony BoB
02-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Streets of Rage was one of the greatest series of games I played during my preteen years.

Ayen
02-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Is there a part in the game where you fight a clone of yourself? Because I remember watching that on the screen with my brother, I just can't remember if it was Streets of Rage or something else.

magemasher
02-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Rings a bell, though I'm not sure. I played it recently on the mega-drive collection for ps3, it's one of those games that doesn't feel out of place 23 years on.

Bolivar
02-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Some of the best soundtracks in gaming to this day!

Bubba
02-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I didn't have much access to this in my youth as I was a Nintendo kid. I had to make do with Final Fight and Haggar's bushy moustache.

I've played it on my Megadrive collection though and it was definitely superior to Final Fight. I agree that number two was the best.

Sephex
02-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I adored the 3rd one. The other two were alright, but all the branching paths was a fresh idea at the time.