PDA

View Full Version : Movie Releases (February)

Ayen
02-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Same as the video game releases, only for movies. Let's see... what do we have to look forward to this month?

7th: The Lego Movie
The Monument Men
Vampire Academy

12th: RoboCop

14th: About Last Night
Endless Love
Winter's Tale

21st: Pompeii
3 Days to Kill
In Secret

22nd: Vengeance

28th: Non-Stop
Son of God

Only ones that has really captured my interest is the Lego Movie, RoboCop and on a lesser extent Pompeii and 3 Days to Kill because of Kit Harington and Hailee Steinfeld. Then I saw Paul W. S. Anderson was directing the former and I backed the hell away.

Discuss.

Shlup
02-08-2014, 12:26 AM
I want to see The LEGO Movie! I was looking a DVD releases the other day and realized I had only even heard of one movie that was released in the last two-ish months: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. I'm way out-of-touch.

Del Murder
02-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Monument Men looks good.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-08-2014, 02:47 AM
I've heard some good things about The Lego Movie. It's one I want to check out eventually.

I really like the cast they have for The Monument Men, and it looks pretty good. I've heard bad things about it, but I want to check it out for myself at some point.

Shorty
02-08-2014, 04:08 AM
I can't wait to see The Monuments Men. That is number one on my list. The Wind Rises is number two!

A Fantastic Fear of Everything looks good! Sorry I'm not sorry, but I want to see Son of God. The trailer was pretty powerful to me, and I don't mean in a spiritual or biblical way, but simply in a well-done manner of story-telling, acting, and overall production way. I am looking forward to seeing it.

I feel ashamed for saying this because I deeply hate Colin Farrell, but the Winter's Tale trailer drew me in. It will probably be awful, but I find myself wanting to see it. An opening with a robber breaking in, finding a girl at a piano, him deciding to not rob the place based on his discovery of her and then her offering him to tea is intriguing to me because it is unusual. There were some stupid cheese lines peppered throughout the trailer and I don't know if I can forgive them, but the concept seems neat to me. It will probably be terrible. :(

WHEN CAN WE TALK ABOUT MARCH BECAUSE I AM SO DAMN EXCITED FOR THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF

Scotty_ffgamer
02-08-2014, 04:11 AM
Oh is the GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL COMING OUT NEXT MONTH?! It's going to be glorious.

I guess I'll add The Wind Rises to the top of my list for this month. I didn't realize that was coming out here so soon.

Ayen
02-08-2014, 04:16 AM
I'll probably end up seeing the Lego Movie by myself if I do go. Mom wants to see Vampire Academy.

My only beef with Son of God is it's basically the Jesus episodes from The Bible that already aired on the History Channel. For some you're paying money to see something you already saw on TV and if you haven't, you can get it on DVD. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Shorty
02-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Were those episodes with the same people and everything? Based on the trailer, it looks like it will probably be worth it to view in a theater setting.

Ayen
02-08-2014, 04:20 AM
It's the exact episodes that were aired lumped together with deleted scenes added to it, so it at least has that going for it. If they reformatted or something to make it look of movie quality, then more power to them. The wiki doesn't offer a lot of into on it.

There are a lot of movies based off bible stories coming out this year, I noticed. Makes me wonder where the sudden interest in them came from.

Shorty
02-08-2014, 04:23 AM
I see. I don't watch tv so I had no idea! A bit lame to repackage it like that, but it looks interesting all the same.

I am pretty impressed with film this year. 2013 felt sadly disappointing to me, and nothing at all stood out to me that screamed "get thee to thy theater chair now" except Gravity, and I missed the boat on that. There are a number of good releases this month and it's only February! Looking forward to the rest of the year for sure.

Shiny
02-08-2014, 05:23 AM
I am only interested in seeing the Lego Movie this month. The rest of those movies can kick bricks.

Mercen-X
02-08-2014, 07:06 AM
My initial take on the Vampire Academy is "bleh! I'm so sick of vampire media": Dracula, Transylvania, Underworld, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Vampire's Assistant, Dark Shadows... My god! Give me a f- break! On the other hand, I looked up the premise on Wiki and they seem to do some interesting things with the mythology: Vampires, Dhampirs, magical Moroi, whatever-the-hell Strigoi are...

Lego Movie, while it looks fun, is a home flick. I only go to the theater for action films... I made an exception for Les Mis and Life of Pi because of my gf, but no more. Needless to say, I really want to see RoboCop.

Ayen
02-08-2014, 07:14 AM
My initial take on the Vampire Academy is "bleh! I'm so sick of vampire media": Dracula, Transylvania, Underworld, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Vampire's Assistant, Dark Shadows... My god! Give me a f- break! On the other hand, I looked up the premise on Wiki and they seem to do some interesting things with the mythology: Vampires, Dhampirs, magical Moroi, whatever-the-hell Strigoi are...

Lego Movie, while it looks fun, is a home flick. I only go to the theater for action films... I made an exception for Les Mis and Life of Pi because of my gf, but no more. Needless to say, I really want to see RoboCop.

I'm with you on being burnt out on vampires. Just wish they would all go away for about fifteen years or so.

Fonzie
02-08-2014, 07:36 AM
I am only interested in seeing the Lego Movie this month. The rest of those movies can kick bricks.

Yup.