PDA

View Full Version : The Law of Fan Jackassery

Spooniest
02-08-2014, 03:33 AM
Main/The Law of Fan Jackassery - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLawOfFanJackassery)

So my question is, where are we, as a fanbase, on this chart?

I'd say there's a minimal level of jackasses around here, but then, sometimes it seems like the board is 2/3 lurkers...so it's hard to say, really. However, judging from the people I have met and talked to, jackassness seems at a relatively low level.

I will say that people everywhere (not just on this board) don't have the sense of humor that I'd got used to when I was a teenager...it just seems everyone in the English speaking world these days is just in a piss-poor mood.

blackmage_nuke
02-08-2014, 12:23 PM
This banner indicates that this entry is sometimes only in the eye of the beholder.

This theory seems comepletely unfounded IMO. I've seen no proof that one tv show has more jackasses than others and when they do its usually connected to the content of the show rather than it's popularity

Also jackass seems to be very vaguely defined. Do you mean people who are usually just wrong but otherwise harmless or people who are usually right and present this in mean (funny) ways. Because we have both

And if people everywhere dont seem to have a sense of humour it probably means you arent delivering your jokes properly.