PDA

View Full Version : Request Books

Ayen
02-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I need to get my butt to the library ASAP, but what books should I pick up the next time I'm there? List books you demand to be read under penalty of death use this thread to request books for me and others who may be interested in reading them. I'll list what I have read so far,

Harry Potter book 1 - 6
Left Behind series
Pokemon books
A Series of Unfortunate Events 1 - 4
First chapter of Lord of the Rings
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayer Chronicles vol 1 & 2
Some Buffy book about a mummy I don't remember the name of
Riding the Storm Chapters 1 -4
First two chapters of Emily of New Moon
First four pages of Twilight

I haven't read many books...

Shorty
02-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Sign up for Goodreads! It recommends books to you based on your tastes and what you've read.

I don't have many recommendations for you because of out your list, I'm really only interested in Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings xD If you haven't read The Hunger Games, that might be something along your interests as it seems to be with other HP/LotR fans.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-08-2014, 05:54 PM
The Hunger Game is a good place to look. Another fantasy trilogy a lot of people I know like is The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. The Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale is another you would probably like! I enjoyed that one quite a bit when I was big on reading Harry Potter too.

Ayen
02-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Eeh, I'm not interested in The Hunger Games. I'll give Goodreads a shot.

Jinx
02-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Those are the only books you've read since when?

First off, finish the Harry Potter series.

Pumpkin
02-08-2014, 09:17 PM
The Giver!

The Discworld series. I would recommend some of the Night Watch books, such as Night Watch, The Fifth Elephant, Guards! Guards!, Men at Arms, etc. If you don't like those stories, they have the Rincewind series, Colour of Magic, Te Light Fantastic, Eric, Sorcery, and my favorite, Interesting Times. Reaper Man is also a good stand alone. It's about Death trying out a different job.

If you like Stephen King, I recommend Needful Things and Salem' Lot, which are my two favorite Stephen King novels. For something shorter, you could try Cujo or Christine.

Ayen
02-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Those are the only books you've read since when?

First off, finish the Harry Potter series.

Since a couple years back.

I already know how it ends, though.