PDA

View Full Version : Actors that make you watch things.

Quindiana Jones
02-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Help. Jeremy Irons has a gun to my head and is forcing me to watch Glee. :onoes:

I haven't seen Breaking Bad. I intended to at some point, but had no motivation to. Then I found out that Hank from Malcolm in the Middle was in it, and am now urgently bombing through the first season. Bloody love it.

What actors immediately attract you shows or films that you might otherwise not have watched?

blackmage_nuke
02-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Since Inception I'll watch anything with Leonardo DiCaprio. Not just because of his acting but he chooses good roles. Didn't expect much from Gangs of New York but I loved it

magemasher
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Heath Ledger films like Candy, 10 things I hate about you, Casanova aren't my sort of films but I first saw him in A Knights Tale and Ned Kelly and thought he was a great actor.

Anything with Sean Bean though I tend to like his acting genre (Sharpe :cool:) and Scarlett Johansson.

Orlando Bloom because he comes from a near by town, got to support them locals.

Crop
02-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Christopher Walken. This guy is un-fucking believable.

Del Murder
02-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Bruce Willis. Matt Damon. I think that's it.

Shorty
02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Elizabeth Banks
Marion Cotillard
Willem Dafoe
Anne Hathaway
Joseph Gordon-Leavitt
Anna Kendrick
Jena Malone
Bill Murray
Gary Oldman
Natalie Portman
Jason Schwartzman
Christoph Waltz

Probably more I'm not thinking of. It's a give or take with Robert Downey, Jr., Brad Pitt, Zooey Deschanel, Adrien Brody, Rachel McAdams, Meryl Streep, and a few others. I like them in some things, and then they've been in some things I hate or don't care about.

Also, while I don't love the man himself, George Clooney is rarely in a film or a role that I dislike.

Pumpkin
02-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Sandra Bullock
Jake Gylllenhaal

Jess
02-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Bruce Willis. Will Smith. Leonardo DiCaprio.

And Tom Hardy. Because I'm a little bit in love with him. :love:

Ergroilnin
02-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Morgan Freeman (come on, he's god!)
Samuel L. Jackson
Leonardo DiCaprio
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Tom Hanks

Shiny
02-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Samuel L. Jackson (I've watched some pretty bad movies just because he's in it)

Gary Oldman (I don't like a lot of his films or think he's too campy but goddamn cannot I stop watching him. Magnetic as fuck)

Ayen
02-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Alyssa Milano
Annasophia Robb
Anne Hathaway
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Campbell
Bruce Willis
Chuck Norris
Chloë Moretz
Emma Watson
Famke Janssen
Gary Oldman
Hailee Steinfeld
Holly Marie Combs
Hugh Jackman
Ian McKellen
Kate Beckinsale
Jackie Chan
Johnny Depp
Lucy Lawless
Martha MacIsaac
Patrick Stewart
Renee O' Connor
Robert Downey Jr.
Robin Williams
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Sylvester Stallone
The Entire Cast of Doctor Who
The Entire Cast of Game of Thrones
The Rock
Winona Ryder

The list just goes on and on and on.

Miriel
02-10-2014, 01:13 AM
I will watch anything that has Cate Blanchett in it.

Lonely Paper Star
02-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Off the top of my head, Leonardo DiCaprio. Ever since Romeo + Juliet.

I Took the Red Pill
02-10-2014, 02:37 AM
I'm surprised nobody has said Philip Seymour Hoffman yet. If I heard he had a role in a movie, no matter how minor, I'd probably watch it.

Laddy
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Idris Elba has made me watch some very, very, mediocre films.

Loony BoB
02-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise are about as close as I'll get to "must see". It may mean a very delayed viewing, though.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Nicolas Cage. I figure if he's in it, I'm going to have a good time with a few exceptions. There are good movies like Raising Arizona and hilarious movies like The Wicker Man. Good range of enjoyment.

Rocket Edge
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Sharlto Copley
Nicolas Cage
Peter Ustinov
Matt Damon
Mel Gibson
Joesph Gordon-Levitt
Denzel Washington
Joe Pesci
Robert De Niro

I like many other actors like Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise, Christian Bale & George Clooney, but the above's performances more often than not entertains me more than anybody else out there.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Oh, I just thought of another actor that makes me watch things!

Martin Freeman

Quindiana Jones
02-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Ooh, good one. Very yes.

Mo-Nercy
02-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Leonardo DiCaprio
Donnie Yen
Amy Adams
Morgan Freeman
Vin Diesel
Daniel Craig
Emma Stone
Matt Damon
Mark Wahlberg
Anyone Australian (or from mini-Australia like Russell Crowe or Sam Neill)

Rocket Edge
02-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Would also like to add Bradley Cooper to my list.

Night Fury
02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, Meryl Streep.

Yes, The Deer Hunter is one of my favourite movies.

Calliope
02-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Harrison Ford (GET OFF MY PLANE!)
Jackie Chan (Uncle!)
Jeff Goldblum (Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?)
Will Smith (WELCOME TO EARTH)
Tilda Swinton (Kevin!)
JGL (Make 'em laugh!)
RDJ (Hand me a scotch, I'm starving)

Also

Anne Hathaway
Natalie Portman
Simon Pegg

Værn
02-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's watched movies just for Samuel L. Jackson.

Mercen-X
02-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Neil Patrick Harris, Samuel L. Jackson (but I haven't seen Snake On a Plane), Dwayne Johnson, Milla Jovovich, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Laim Neeson, Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Ryan Phillipe, Damon Wayans, Leonardo DiCaprio (my uncle hates him, I'm not on good terms with my uncle, therefore I watch Leo's movies), Sylvester Stallone, Pierce Brosnan, Christopher Walken, Robert Dinero, Hugo Weaving, Jake Gyllenhaal, Elijah Wood, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill (even though he hasn't been in much, when I hear he's in something, I have to see it), Seann William Scott, Chow Yun Fat, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Christian Bale (thanks Equilibrium), Ian Somerhalder (thanks Lost), Jim Carrey, Kiefer Sutherland, Donald Sutherland, Robert Downey Jr, Ioan Gruffud, James Macavoy, Will Smith, Ryan Reynolds, Seth Green, Emma Stone, Emma Watson, Sigorney Weaver (thanks Alien), Susan Sarandon (am I the only one who found her extremely MILFy in That's My Boy and Robot & Frank?), Tim Curry...

Mo-Nercy
02-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Oh yes, Edward Norton is a must for me too. I was pretty disappointed when they couldn't get him across the line for The Avengers.

Madame Adequate
02-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Sandra Bullock
Karl Urban
Cate Blanchett
Meryl Streep
J. K. Simmons
Steve Buscemi
Christopher Walken
Jamie Dornan (oh my god how can a man be so hot, I legit want to see Fifty Shades of Grey because he's in it he can dominate me in bad smut anytime)
Nathan Fillion

Shiny
02-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Oh I forgot to mention Christopher Walken. I will watch anything with him in it. Even if it has Brendan Fraser, I will watch it.

Shorty
02-20-2014, 09:20 AM
BLAST FROM THE PAST IS A GOOD MOVIE SHINY HOW DARE YOU

Del Murder
02-20-2014, 04:49 PM
I think Kevin Spacey is another one for me. He picks some creepy roles but they're almost always great to watch.

Mercen-X
02-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Yes, good call.

James Spader

NeoCracker
02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Morgan Freeman, even if the movie is awful you get to hear his voice, which is made of pure sex mind you.

Christopher Walken and Nicholas Cage both have that ability to be amazing even if their role is shit. They are just so fun to watch, especially crazy Cage. Mind you it's great when they do legitimately well, but let's be honest. We like them for the insanity.

Jet Li is another for me. I have way more fun watching him fight in movies then most other martial artist type actors, and I think most of his movies are a lot better on a whole.

Del Murder
02-22-2014, 07:00 AM
I also loved Nic cage back in the day but I lost track of his movies. But The Rock/Con Air/Face Off are where it's at.

LunarWeaver
02-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I would follow Joseph-Gordon Levitt to his rock bottom and also let him do weird things to me if he ever offered.

Mercen-X
02-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Me too. Although, I'll admit I had my doubts about Premium Rush.

Shiny
02-25-2014, 08:40 AM
You guys listed some Nic Cage's worse movies. I saw no Raising Arizona or Moonstruck.