PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying (if anything) with your tax return?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-10-2014, 12:34 AM
I want a new television. I'm still rocking the 480p with a big box on the back. I'd like to go with 1080p so I can see Lightning Returns in its full beauty. The tv I want will still leave me with plenty of money.

How about you? Will you buy anything?

I hope I didn't overlook this thread and it was already made...

Shlup
02-10-2014, 12:38 AM
I've had to pay for the last two years, but my accountant tells me my baby should get me a nice refund this year! Gonna buy her more diapers, woo!

BJ and I aren't really spendy people.

magemasher
02-10-2014, 02:33 AM
I'm torn between a PS4 or tickets to a sold out Arctic Monkeys gig even though I really only want to see the support bands. I have 2 weeks to decide.

fire_of_avalon
02-10-2014, 03:51 AM
My sister is already spending her money on really frivolous and stupid things and it irritates me.

As for me, I'm pay towards my student loans and buying tires for my car.

Jessweeee♪
02-10-2014, 03:59 AM
I'm actually having to pay this year. Does this mean I'm a grown up?

:(

Shiny
02-10-2014, 05:07 AM
Last year my tax return was better because of college, so I was able to splurge a bit. I mostly just purchased a much needed new wardrobe. This year it will basically just be a week's worth of pay. I have to give the state of NY back $27 for some reason.

Flaming Ice
02-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Ill probably have to pay...but last year I paid and a cheque sent back to me because I had unused money from grants or something like that.

I want to buy the reboot collection =(

Last year my tax return was better because of college, so I was able to splurge a bit. .
The amount you get from going to college is nice....pretty close to $1000 for me

Freya
02-10-2014, 05:40 AM
I'm irked. I worked at two different places so when I did my first W2 I was going to get a lot! Then I entered the second and it went down to very little. I was bumped up a tax bracket but I'm not claiming anything but myself so i'm getting screwed on taxes. It sucks to be "single", working to barely pay your bills and so that allows them to take the most from you. Why can't I get a tax break?

I'll probably be buying LR with my return as that about all I can afford.

noxious.sunshine
02-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Babies make for great tax breaks. :D I qualified for all the good shit and got back like $4500.

Anywho. .. Were I to get $$$ back, I would pay ahead on bills - prepay rent for a few months, pay ahead on phone, and whatever else I can to get enough ahead that I can have a little extra breathing room, then pay off tickets and things to get my license back, spend a little on myself, save the rest.

I don't get money back though cuz student loans, so I dont file.

If I can't have my money, NO ONE CAN!

Madame Adequate
02-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I don't get a tax rebate. I'm going to buy civilization with my taxes, though!

... like, the state of being a developed country, not the videogame. I already own the whole series.

escobert
02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
My February rent.

and Yeah I made $10,000 more this year than last and got back about $600 less than last year -_- I claim no dependents so I pay in a shitton in my paychecks and now get shit back. Oh right they want to force us to rely upon EBT cards, rent assistance and heat assistance to live.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-10-2014, 05:20 PM
We will see since I haven't gotten my papers from my job yet. I we my parents some money, so pay them back if they accept it. Otherwise, the money will go to clothes and potential vacation in the summer. SO GLAD FULL TIME STUDENT THIS TIME! :D

I always get killed by provincial taxes (Quebec has some of the highest in Canada). Federal always treats me right!

Shiny
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
The amount you get from going to college is nice....pretty close to $1000 for me
Tell me about it. I made only $11,000 last year but because college being something like 16,000 for tuition, I got back $1300. Now I only get back half of that and I made well over what I made last year, so I guess that's fair.

I don't get money back though cuz student loans, so I dont file.

If I can't have my money, NO ONE CAN!

? I have student loans and I'm getting money back. Are you not getting back because you haven't been paying your loans?

Also you have to file if you made over a certain amount unless you want to get the IRS on your tail.

Shoeberto
02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Anything extra goes towards the wedding atm. I'm not in need of anything else, really.

NeoCracker
02-10-2014, 05:34 PM
New PC.

Spuuky
02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
If you're getting huge amounts of money back every year, you should probably just change your withholding to accurately reflect the reality of your financial situation and just get larger paychecks.

Del Murder
02-10-2014, 05:45 PM
I've had to pay for the last two years, but my accountant tells me my baby should get me a nice refund this year! Gonna buy her more diapers, woo!
I will also go with diapers.

noxious.sunshine
02-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Yeah, i defaulted on student loans.

I havent rly worked much over the last couple of yrs.. Hell last yr alone I barely worked 2 months.

~*~Celes~*~
02-12-2014, 12:22 AM
We payed off his last $3,000 owed in student loans, put some into savings, spent a little each on ourselves (I bought a new coffee pot and a gorgeous maxi dress since I will be very pregnant this summer and I feel so beautiful when I'm pregnant and wearing a dress!), and bought a couple of household items that needed replacing.

Jiro
02-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Hopefully I earn enough money to have to pay some taxes this year

Pumpkin
02-12-2014, 07:42 AM
I am not sure how this works, but I am hoping if sharky does his taxes this year that he will get some money back seeing as how he earns below poverty level and has a dependent.

I dunno how that stuff works though

Madame Adequate
02-12-2014, 04:38 PM
you aren't a developed country you're a developing country hux BURN

:cry: Why must you hurt me so

Shorty
02-18-2014, 07:22 PM
I bought myself a lovely, lovely Alice in Wonderland book scarf:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/020/0/6659705/il_570xN.478045110_lszq.jpg

And the rest goes into savings.

Mirage
02-18-2014, 08:02 PM
I probably won't get any tax returns this year. Also, we don't get them until summer.

Shiny
02-20-2014, 09:30 AM
How did you guys get your tax returns already? Mine always takes six weeks.

Shorty
02-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Ten days, baby. And I filed for California and residing in Idaho while working in Washington. Thanks, TurboTax!

Miriel
02-20-2014, 09:43 AM
If I had my way, I would buy a big fucking bathtub.

But realistically, it will go towards a house down payment or toward diapers.

Vyk
02-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Did some stuff for the car, and made sure my bills were safe. The rest was used for a new 3DS XL and sound system for gaming gloriousness. But last year I had to pay. So instead of claiming zero, or just claiming myself, I claimed 3 and had them take an extra $10/paycheck just to make sure I got something nice back

Araciel
02-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Yeah I ain't had a return in about six years now ... I would complain but money.

rubah
02-21-2014, 03:54 AM
I did my federal tax online about a month ago, got the refund via direct deposit two weeks ago.

However, getting a large refund is irresponsible. You'd be better off to change your withholding and invest it throughout the year! so I guess I'll buy a few shares of stock or something