PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Release Day! Lightning Returns is out in stores officially!

Noctis Caelum
02-11-2014, 05:37 AM
So I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread to share our excitement about this marvelous game finally releasing. So if you get it today or whenever you do, feel free to post some pictures and stuff! If you want to discuss story, at least put spoiler tags in. I don't think any of us want to get spoiled. (If you do, I'm sure you can just watch a playthrough on youtube instead.)

I bet I'm going to suckkkkkkkk at this game initially.

Skyblade
02-11-2014, 05:39 AM
I'm...going to be too busy playing Bravely Default. At least I'll get to look at the pocket watch?

Also, it's not yet midnight here, so does that mean it's not out yet?

Noctis Caelum
02-11-2014, 05:44 AM
I know some Best Buy places were ignoring the street date thing and were putting them on shelves to purchase prematurely today, so I'm sure a fair amount of people got it that way. I was considering that, but the steelbook bonus that I got the preorder for only applies for the 11th-13th. I don't really wanna miss out on that just to get the game, like, 12 hours earlier.

Technically it shouldn't still be out. If it were a highly popular game then it would have a midnight launch event, but alas, it is Final Fantasy. Still though! In the morning we can get it. Or just wait to have it shipped. Can I steal your pocket watch? I promise to put it to good use.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Hopefully my copy will get in early tomorrow. It should be a fun time.

Psychotic
02-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Europe doesn't get it 'til Valentine's Day. :argh:

Loony BoB
02-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, differing release dates between North America and Europe are always super annoying as it means we can't all start playing together.

Skyblade
02-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah, differing release dates between North America and Europe are always super annoying as it means we can't all start playing together.

It can get even worse for countries outside of the main trifecta (Japan, Europe, and North America), if the games even get released at all.

Loony BoB
02-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I'd hate that. You'd think that in this global world we live in a few days could be waited upon and they could get the games released simultaneously. I mean, I'd prefer a simultaneous release to EU getting it ahead of NA. The internet should mean game companies do their best to avoid these release differences, even if it means a three day delay. I'm not as bothered about Japan getting their games earlier if only because it's pretty rare that people play the Japanese games and come running around the English speaking world spouting spoilers. I just wanna play the game with my English-speaking friends so we can discuss it amongst each other.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-11-2014, 05:12 PM
My copy of the game is sitting in Kansas right now according to the tracking information. I have a bad feeling it's not going to get here until as late as possible and then I'm not going to enjoy it here on my day off from work, blegh.

Sephiroth
02-11-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm gonna get it on Thursday.

Noctis Caelum
02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Just got my copy from Future Shop.

http://i.imgur.com/yDaXmIU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QthE5uy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gzI3PYW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MR5PB4K.jpg

And what's some FF without a fantastic lunch?
http://i.imgur.com/y7RSmWY.jpg

The Steelbook is SEALED. Very impressed with that.

Freya
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
I have to wait to pick mine up. Paycheck, get here already!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-11-2014, 09:11 PM

The surface of the CE is very reflective as you can tell from my first shot you can see my ceiling fan and air vent :monster:

Day one DLC available on the Xbox Marketplace consisted of the Tomb Raider outfit and the Final fantasy X-2 Yuna outfit both for 3.99 each. You can also get the Japanese voices for free right now.

Looking forward to digging into this after work tonight :cool:

Depression Moon
02-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Can I talk about reviews in here? I've just watched about 4 or 5 today and they all look pretty disappointing. There was one 7 and the rest were 6s.

DMKA
02-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Installing the game now...can't wait to begin. :excited:

Loony BoB
02-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Can I talk about reviews in here? I've just watched about 4 or 5 today and they all look pretty disappointing. There was one 7 and the rest were 6s.
Made a thread about this just now. :)

Ayen
02-12-2014, 11:53 AM
My copy of the game is sitting in Kansas right now according to the tracking information.

Don't worry, Scott. It's in good hands.

Elly
02-12-2014, 10:17 PM
according to the tracking info, mines been in Tx for 2 days... i live in Tx, the states big but not that big, i can cross it in about 10 hours... lol... guess i'll blame the weather, icy roads or whatever... i'll use the time to finish XIII-2, for some reason i just stopped on Chapter 5 last time i played...

Jessweeee♪
02-12-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm making a trip to the store to pick it up later today :excited:

EDIT:

It was sold out. Sold out. I managed to snag the last copy at another store. I'm gonna finish off the last of Persona 4 Golden today hopefully so I can spend some quality time with Final Fantasy this weekend.

Noctis Caelum
02-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Beyond infuriated with the time of some of these quests begin/complete.

Quest 1: Start at midnight. It took me forever to find three codes. Figured where the fourth code was, but the gate only opens at Midnight - 6am. Great...

Quest 2: Begins at 6pm. Okay, I'll start that one. I finish up the majority of it around 2am, so I try and rush back to do quest #1. And I can finish it, but then I have to wait until late another day to finish up Quest 2.

I'm almost on Day 3 and neither of these are completed yet. I find this VERY bad game mechanics. The time thing is handled really poorly, in my own opinion. That's really my only complaint so far. The game is constantly punishing you for wanting to explore.

Loony BoB
02-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Beyond infuriated with the time of some of these quests begin/complete.

Quest 1: Start at midnight. It took me forever to find three codes. Figured where the fourth code was, but the gate only opens at Midnight - 6am. Great...

Quest 2: Begins at 6pm. Okay, I'll start that one. I finish up the majority of it around 2am, so I try and rush back to do quest #1. And I can finish it, but then I have to wait until late another day to finish up Quest 2.

I'm almost on Day 3 and neither of these are completed yet. I find this VERY bad game mechanics. The time thing is handled really poorly, in my own opinion. That's really my only complaint so far. The game is constantly punishing you for wanting to explore.
I finished those quests on day two and three respectively, if I recall correctly. Maybe three and four? Either way, I wouldn't worry too much - as you learn the mechanics of the game time management becomes almost trivial. There are a lot of days to complete the main quests. I'm actually thinking I'm going to complete every single sidequest before I finish the game entirely at this rate.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-14-2014, 02:08 AM
So glad I found this in the store!

Psychotic
02-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Apparently it is on its way. You better give EoFF a cut of the cash, Amazon!