PDA

View Full Version : [LR] EoFF Plays LR:FFXIII - Luxerion Storyline Complete? Discuss it here!

Loony BoB
02-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Post about the main Luxerion storyline in this thread. :)

##SPOILER WARNING##
This thread contains unmarked spoilers regarding the Luxerion storyline. Read at your own risk! Spoilers not related to the Luxerion storyline will still need to be marked. For information on spoilers and how to use them, please see this thread. (http://home.eyesonff.com/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/154642-dont-spoil-game-others-use-spoiler-tags-please-read-before-posting.html#post3374273)

Loony BoB
02-12-2014, 08:43 PM
This was the storyline I've (so far - haven't finished some) found least fun, but Noel was refreshingly similar to his XIII-2 self which I was happy about.

Psychotic
02-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Don't go posting spoiler warnings and then post a spoiler that takes place after Luxerion is officially complete! :colbert: Luxerion completes when you beat Noel - at least, the flashing text on the screen said so. I haven't met Vanille yet!

I liked the setting of this city and I could see the idea of people turning to conflicting religions for answers as the world is about to end. However, I also like that Luxerion isn't dominated by religion and the majority of people are just trying to get by. I also liked that it opened with a good old fashioned murder mystery, although it wasn't really much of a mystery as the game beat you over the head with the answer being the Children of Etro right from the get go, so there were no twists or thinking involved which was disappointing.

The thing I hated, HATED, the most, was the finding the numbers. Nice idea, but every time I found a number, was it really necessary to have a cutscene along these lines:

Lightning: Alright, that's one code I have found. I need three more to enter the Children's Sanctuary.
Hope: Well done Light. To enter the Children's Sanctuary you only need to find three more numbers.
Lightning: That's right. I had better find the three remaining numbers if I want to enter the Children's Sanctuary.

And then on top of that, having Hope call me up every couple of minutes to tell me how many numbers I needed to find to enter the Sanctuary. Seriously, what the fuck? Do you think gamers have memory deficiencies or something, Square? Do you think I have trouble counting up to four? Absolutely shocking work there, completely unnecessary and very annoying.

Still, I really liked the bits with Noel as he was one of the best characters in FFXIII-2 and the conflict that drives him. And, better yet, in their little exchange Lightning actually showed some personality as she swore she would kill anyone to get Serah back, and that section has been the most powerful moment in the game thus far for me.

And then it's revealed that Lumina was the little shit behind it all - though to clarify, I really like Lumina and think she's great. Some fucking douchebag (Virgil?) I did a sidequest for in the Residential area made a huge point about how Lumina is a harmless kid just trying to have fun and I wanted to knee him in the gut. Faking an Oracle Drive to mess with Noel about Yeul, someone who he really cares about and misses intensely even after all this time is cruel enough, but doing it in such a way to get him to want to kill a friend to get Yeul back is downright malevolent. That is not harmless mischief, fuck you Virgil.

Loony BoB
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Don't go posting spoiler warnings and then post a spoiler that takes place after Luxerion is officially complete!
Ack, sorry! I could have sworn that was part of the Luxerion storyline. >_< Removed.

And then it's revealed that Lumina was the little trout behind it all - though to clarify, I really like Lumina and think she's great. Some smurfing douchebag (Virgil?) I did a sidequest for in the Residential area made a huge point about how Lumina is a harmless kid just trying to have fun and I wanted to knee him in the gut. Faking an Oracle Drive to mess with Noel about Yeul, someone who he really cares about and misses intensely even after all this time is cruel enough, but doing it in such a way to get him to want to kill a friend to get Yeul back is downright malevolent. That is not harmless mischief, smurf you Virgil.
Agree with everything there!

radicaledward124
02-19-2014, 07:46 AM
The thing I hated, HATED, the most, was the finding the numbers. Nice idea, but every time I found a number, was it really necessary to have a cutscene along these lines:

Lightning: Alright, that's one code I have found. I need three more to enter the Children's Sanctuary.
Hope: Well done Light. To enter the Children's Sanctuary you only need to find three more numbers.
Lightning: That's right. I had better find the three remaining numbers if I want to enter the Children's Sanctuary.

And then on top of that, having Hope call me up every couple of minutes to tell me how many numbers I needed to find to enter the Sanctuary. Seriously, what the smurf? Do you think gamers have memory deficiencies or something, Square? Do you think I have trouble counting up to four? Absolutely shocking work there, completely unnecessary and very annoying.

^ all of this right here. Hope got beyond annoying there. I really wanted to hop back to the Arc and kill him for that mess. Thankfully it gets better as time goes on, but oh man, I ended up muting the game to keep from hearing him.