PDA

View Full Version : Actors that make you avoid watching things

Jess
02-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Inspired by the other thread.

For me, it's Tom Cruise. I really don't know why, but I just don't like him. I can't put my finger on why.

If he is in a film, I automatically don't want to see it.

Psychotic
02-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Miranda fucking Hart

I Took the Red Pill
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM

For me, it's Tom Cruise. I really don't know why, but I just don't like him. I can't put my finger on why.

If he is in a film, I automatically don't want to see it.He's incredible in both Magnolia and Eyes Wide Shut if you're willing to temporarily suspend your hatred for him. :wacky:

Lately I'd say Will Smith (and, by extension, Jaden Smith, though that pretty much goes without saying). How did we go from Fresh Prince to After Earth? :cry:

Jennifer Aniston too.

Pumpkin
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
There are none that will make me avoid a movie if I think I'll be interested in the story, but there are a few who will make me think twice about watching it.

Winona Ryder
Scarlett Johansson
Seth Rogan
James Franco

Quindiana Jones
02-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Jeremy Irons told me I was never - never - to watch even a single minute of Gossip Girl, and I've not the courage to disobey him.

Freya
02-11-2014, 07:16 PM
I hesitate with tom cruise as well. He's a good actor but it's hard for me to separate him now a days from his personal life. I see crazy scientologist and not whatever character.

Lonely Paper Star
02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan.

Jess
02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
He's incredible in both Magnolia and Eyes Wide Shut if you're willing to temporarily suspend your hatred for him. :wacky:

I tried to get over my dislike for him when I was convinced to watch Oblivion... Nope. I just couldn't get past my dislike of him & couldn't get into the film. :(

Old Manus
02-11-2014, 09:57 PM
She's not an actor but Fearne Cotton and all ex-radio 1 thirtysomething manchild DJs who ended up presenting. Holly Willoughby can sling it as well.

magemasher
02-11-2014, 09:58 PM
I can see why Tom Cruise isn't liked, his 1 film I enjoyed was Last Samurai , he still managed to piss me off with the ending.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Miriel
02-11-2014, 10:30 PM
If Jessica Beil is in it, my desire to watch something will automatically plummet to next to nothing. I just can't stand her.

Fynn
02-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Probably Adam Sandler. Every damn movie he's in is just the same disrespectful piece of shit excuse for a movie that's just a project where he can have fun with his friends.

blackmage_nuke
02-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Martin Lawrence. I just dont like anything he's in or the way he acts.

Ayen
02-12-2014, 01:26 AM
Michael Bay
Paul W. S. Anderson
M. Night Shyamalan

Oh, you said actors.

Botchmun
02-12-2014, 01:49 AM
Probably Adam Sandler. Every damn movie he's in is just the same disrespectful piece of trout excuse for a movie that's just a project where he can have fun with his friends.

This.... Seriously just this. I absolutely hate Adam Sandler because he's a loud, obnoxious pile of garbage.

maybee
02-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Tom Cruise- The whole alien cult thing bugs me. I'm all for believing in what religion in what you want to believe in, but not cults.

Tom Hanks- Just hate his voice and personality.

Adam Sandler- Obnoxious and not funny.

Night Fury
02-12-2014, 09:57 AM
I love Adam Sandler. HNB and I recently watched all of his movies. They're great.

Rostum
02-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Shia LaBeouf. That guy is a damn moron and a bad actor.

Mo-Nercy
02-12-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna go with Adam Sandler too. It's a shame that he continues to win the people over with his sense of humour when he showed some pretty good serious acting chops with Punch Drunk Love. The exception to the rule was The Longest Yard remake - I actually didn't mind that.

I don't think he's making films anymore but I wouldn't see anything with Eddie Murphy in it either. Oh, or Mike Myers.

Hugh Grant is a chump too.

Rocket Edge
02-12-2014, 12:09 PM
I actually like Adam Sandler. I would have said Channing Tatum until I seen Side Effects and he was decent in it. Until then I just thought he existed to be this good looking white guy who acts black in films and says 'dawg' at the end of each sentence.

I don't find Steve Carrell all that amusing, although my answer is Anne Hathaway. I really dislike her in anything since I found out she is a bitch in real life.

Bubba
02-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Katherine Heigl I find incredibly irritating. She was OK in Under Siege 2 but anything after that I just can't stand her in.

Although the person I can't stand the most is Jason Segel. He put me off How I Met Your Mother within three episodes and pretty much completely ruined the new Muppets film.

Maybe I just don't like actors who have a surname that looks a bit like bagel.

Shaibana
02-12-2014, 04:16 PM

If he is in a film, I automatically don't want to see it.

i have the same thing with Tom Cruise, i dont even know why but i cant stand him

Angelina Jolie, maybe her skinny'nes annoys be.. she has huge hands becaus her wrists are so small.
and there is something in her way of acting that i just dislike. though i must say the trailer of her new movie Maleficent looks very sweet

Hugh Grant.. i dont like his brittish-ness

Jowy
02-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Hayden Christiansen can't act his way out of a paper bag.

DMKA
02-13-2014, 04:39 AM
John Cena, Larry the Cable Guy, and every other "actor" who only has a role because of their fad celebrity status in another medium.

Shlup
02-13-2014, 05:53 AM
Nicolas Cage and Katie Holmes should get married because I hate them both so much.

Quindiana Jones
02-13-2014, 06:06 AM
That seems like a terrible foundation for marriage, Shlup.

Calliope
02-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Probably Adam Sandler. Every damn movie he's in is just the same disrespectful piece of trout excuse for a movie that's just a project where he can have fun with his friends.

What's wrong with having fun with your friends in a professional setting? Is it offensive that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have acted together and are friends? Or George Clooney and Brad Pitt? Or The Rat Pack? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler?

Low-brow humour isn't everyone's thing, but personally I will always enjoy watching Adam Sandler fall down and get irrationally angry at inanimate objects. I'm going to go post in the other thread now because it's more fun than seeing people list actors they hate.

Mercen-X
02-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Hayden Christianson

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

I counter with Stone Cold Steve Austin. While I disagree with you on Dwayne as he is "the most electrifying man in sports entertainment" and now most movies, that doesn't mean that all wrestlers have what it takes to be actors let alone leads. Randy Couture and John Cena are slightly better but I prefer Dwayne.

On that note, another actor who has worked with Steve Austin... duh duh duh! Steven Seagal. I f-ing hate him and all of his fans. He had some good stuff when he was a younger actor, but then so did Jean-Claude van Damme. While I approved of his performance in Expendables 2, I won't watch anything with JCvD as the lead anymore either, or Dolph Lundgren, or Scott Adkins... some people should just not try to act.

Oh, right, I can't get excited about Schwarzenegger movies anymore either.

maybee
02-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Nicolas Cage and Katie Holmes should get married because I hate them both so much.

Not Nicolas Cage !

I agree, but if only Nicolas uses this to try and impress her:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0a3b82b17a81b716d36b53c95cb6bdda/tumblr_mhqcnhE2AX1qk9qido1_500.jpg

Shaibana
02-13-2014, 03:51 PM
im adding Collin Farrel to the list..

Minority report made me gag (if you dont get it: tom cruise is on my list too)

magemasher
02-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Stone cold isn't far behind the rock for me. I was a HHH fan hahaha.

Adam Sandler I agree on, I liked Big Daddy and Happy Gilmore but his acting got stale quickly. .

I'd blanked out Hugh Grants existence until I read this thread.

No one has mentioned an actor I like which means I must have impeccable taste in actors and actresses:D

AssassinDX
02-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Megan Fox - I've never actually seen a movie with her in it mercifully, I just can't stand that woman. The fact that she's April O'Neill in the upcoming Turtles movie means I'll avoid that like the plague as well, which is a shame.

Julia Roberts - Can't put my finger on it with her, I just dislike her acting style I guess.

Michael Cera - Plays the same damn character in everything, and has a punchable face. Saying that I've never seen a movie he's in either, but if a movie involves a 'lovable dork' role you can be sure either he or Jesse Eisenburg will fill it, but I'll leave Eisenburg off my list as he's actually done a couple of good movies.

Mercen-X
02-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah, it's true that Eisenburg also does pretty much the same character in every movie, but instead of being a lovable dork, he tends more toward an arrogant jackass.

Mo-Nercy
02-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it's true that Eisenburg also does pretty much the same character in every movie, but instead of being a lovable dork, he tends more toward an arrogant jackass.
I like Jesse Eisenberg for that very reason. He plays jerks well. Having seen and heard a few interviews he's done, he does actually talk in that rapid-fire, slightly condescending tone. It's awesome. *mancrush*

I think I've pretty much had it with Michael Cera though. I've seen all he's capable of, I think, and I don't think he'll top Scott Pilgrim, so I probably won't watch anything else he does.

Mercen-X
02-16-2014, 12:21 AM
I just realized I listed Hayden Christianson, but I was actually thinking of Robert Pattinson. I hate that guy. I mean, I liked him as Cedric Digory, but that was back when he was a kid. I haven't liked him in anything since.

Chris
02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I seriously cannot get myself to watch a movie with Justin Timberlake in it. I just can't take it seriously on any level. :(

Laddy
02-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Wow, James Franco, Tom Hanks, and Scarlett Johansson hate? Really? Wow.

I do not care for Nic Cage, but I will watch something because he amuses me in a love-to-hate way.

Owen Wilson, Adam Sandler, and Rebel Wilson infuriates me. Adam Sandler is not irredeemable, but his comedies are painfully sophomoric. Owen Wilson is obnoxious. And Rebel Wilson plays characters that are incredibly unlikable.

Madame Adequate
02-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Adam Sandler doesn't screw around having fun with his friends, he screws around making tax dodges with his friends. And I detest him, I would actually cause him pain IRL, he has reduced and diminished the human experience and he is a testament to our failings.

Shiny
02-17-2014, 06:40 AM
That's incredibly excessive.

Mercen-X
02-18-2014, 08:46 AM
I seriously cannot get myself to watch a movie with Justin Timberlake in it. I just can't take it seriously on any level. :(I find that it's any other performance artist I can't tolerate in a movie. Even J-Lo.

Shaibana
02-18-2014, 03:41 PM
I seriously cannot get myself to watch a movie with Justin Timberlake in it. I just can't take it seriously on any level. :(I find that it's any other performance artist I can't tolerate in a movie. Even J-Lo.

J-lo sucks as an actrice :l

Shiny
02-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Brendan Fraser...he's so terrible. Why did I sit through The Mummy and The Mummy 2? WHY?? I still don't know why to this day. And he's been in such greats as Monkeybone, Encino Man, George of the Jungle... I don't think he stopped getting work, I think he finally got embarrassed enough to call it quits.

Shauna
02-20-2014, 02:15 PM
I really liked the Mummy films! Mostly because of Rachel Weiss though, probably. xD

Freya
02-20-2014, 07:27 PM
I like brendan fraiser :(

Sephiroth
02-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Helena Bonham Carter. But that is more because of the roles she plays and I would not avoid watching a movie because of her. She always gets what she deserves such as an epic burst spell from Molly Weasley.

Big D
02-21-2014, 01:51 AM
I might not be able to watch the firs Austin Powers movie again, since the guy who played Random Task turned out to be a rapist, torturer and possibly a murderer.

Generally, an actor has to be a heinous person in real life before their mere presence is enough to put me off watching something.

Mercen-X
02-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Speaking of Richard Gere...