PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker

Pumpkin
02-13-2014, 06:19 AM
I own RPG Maker 3 and I love it, but it has a few faults. There are some newer versions for the PC, ranging from $30 to $70. I don't know if the more expensive ones are just that price because they're newer, or are they better? Has anyone played any of the newer games?

Ayen
02-13-2014, 06:47 AM
I only played RPG Maker 3 for the PS2. I was addicted to that game for a good long while. I enjoyed making cut-scenes, towns, characters, enemies, bosses and all that. And adding little Easter eggs like the twins named Dante and Vergil. You can imagine the cut-scenes got tedious after a while not having a keyboard to type them in with. Never did get the full grasp of it, though. Some things just didn't work, probably 'cause I was doing them wrong.

Fynn
02-13-2014, 07:46 AM
I used to have RPG Maker 2k, 2k3 and XP for the PC. Did not exactly buy them, though. I remember they were excellent tools and it's a pity I never made anything substantial.

You guys, we need to gather up a team of people and make an awesome game. The three of us are writers, right? We get some more of those, an artist, a pixel artist, and we're good to go! I could handle the music too ;)

Psychotic
02-13-2014, 07:51 AM
I may have made a game or two about EoFF on it in my time... ;)

Mercen-X
02-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I played RPG Maker long enough to get accustomed to the Switch system, but I grew frustrated with the limitations of the various maps. It just didn't offer the freedom I thought it would.

Kalevala
02-13-2014, 11:02 AM
When I was a kid I made a character named "Jesus" who had max everything.

In high school I used it for an Egyptian history project, but other than that and Jesus I haven't done anything of note with it.

WildRaubtier
02-13-2014, 11:51 PM
I liked to make maps. My cleverest part was a desert island that, if you walked around on it enough would send you to a never ending desert. In that desert was a cave, and the cave was a treasure box, and in the treasure box was a map. Once you got the map, exiting the cave would take you back to the world map with the desert island on it, and you could reenter the cave by walking on a certain point of the island only.