PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Favorite Schemata?

Scotty_ffgamer
02-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Whether it be just from the looks or the actual usefullness in battle, which schematas are your favorite to use so far?

Noctis Caelum
02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Cosmetically, The Savior.
As for physical defense: Cyber Jumpsuit; magical defense: Quiet Guardian.
For offensive power, Dragon's Blood currently. I am sure that will change.

Sephiroth
02-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Efficiently Jungle Hunter is the best garb with Artemis Pierce/Arrows.

I like the Final Fantasy retro outfits, including Lightning's own and her Crescent Moon dress.

Skyblade
02-18-2014, 04:05 AM
So far, Cloud's SOLDIER uniform. Looks awesome, and gives you the ability to kill most foes with ease (I killed the first graded fight with 5 stars in about eleven seconds).

I haven't gotten very far yet, though.

Noctis Caelum
02-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Yuna and Cloud outfits are MEGA op in the beginning. They get more and more useless later in the game though.

Anybody know what weapons are worth saving for? I got about 200,000 gil, so I think I'm ready for a weapon upgrade. No idea if I should wait or buy one though. The best weapon I have is the blade that I randomly picked up off a Reaver. (500atk, 500magic)

Loony BoB
02-18-2014, 01:48 PM
In my experience, none of them unless you're in New Game + in which case I believe you can upgrade the weapons in Hard Mode and perhaps it becomes more useful then. Some shields are worth buying, though. I can't remember the names as I'm at work. :(

Essentially in my experience all the best weapons are drops/rewards rather than purchases. If someone can tell me otherwise, fantastic! I, too, have a large chunk of gil. I spend it mostly on synthesis/level boosts.

Sephiroth
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM
The best weapons are the Cloud's Buster Sword, Caius' Revenge of Chaos, and other Break supporters.

For normal fighting without upgrades in the end Ultima Weapon is the best but it can only be used in the final dungeon. Other good weapons with high stats are Morningstar from Yusnaan and Flesh Render from Avanda Omega.

Loony BoB
02-18-2014, 04:10 PM
What are the stats on those weapons, Seph?

Sephiroth
02-18-2014, 04:50 PM
What are the stats on those weapons, Seph?

Ultima gives + 2500 for both ATK and MAG, Morningstar should give 1200 for ATK and Flesh Render + 900 for both plus that Auto-Regen that the normal Behemoth Sword also has. Morningstar was not bought by me in the German version yet so I might edit this post.

Loony BoB
02-18-2014, 04:57 PM
What about the "Break supporters" or whatever they are? I haven't seen them in-game... are they DLC/pre-order only or something?

EDIT: And I certainly don't remember a 1200 attack option. Is this only after upgrades are taken into account?

Sephiroth
02-18-2014, 05:02 PM
What about the "Break supporters" or whatever they are? I haven't seen them in-game... are they DLC/pre-order only or something?

EDIT: And I certainly don't remember a 1200 attack option. Is this only after upgrades are taken into account?

I call them Break supporters because they somehow support the Stagger state like Caius' sword does. Break or Knockout is the Japanese Stagger mode.

I did not count upgrades.

Loony BoB
02-18-2014, 05:33 PM
I've got to look into this Morningstar when I get home. :o

Sephiroth
02-18-2014, 05:52 PM
I've got to look into this Morningstar when I get home. :o

The Morningstar is only sold during the last days. And it is only good for ATK. For supportive abilities the Buster Sword or Revenge of Chaos are the ones to go for.

The Morningstar has 1300 ATK and 350 MAG. And it costs 360000 Gil.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-14-2014, 06:54 AM
As a big XIV fan who plays as a female miqo'te, I really enjoy that Lightning got her default costume.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the grand company sword and shields, though...

Psychotic
03-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Velvet Bouncer not only looks badass but was my go-to physical attack Schemata for about 70% of the game.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-17-2014, 08:28 AM
As a big XIV fan who plays as a female miqo'te, I really enjoy that Lightning got her default costume.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the grand company sword and shields, though...

Was able to find them in side quests :)

Does anyone know if you can get the cool sunglasses Lightning wears in the intro?

Scotty_ffgamer
03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
I am pretty certain I got those glasses from a shop. I think I bought mine in Luxerion from a rare travelling merchant that doesn't always show up.

Edit: He's labeled as Forge (rare), and he's called the Red Dragon Outfitters. http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Forge_(Rare)

Marshall Banana
03-26-2014, 03:55 AM
This is my current "guarding" Schemata. I like it most right now, because it's really cute.

Velvet Bouncer not only looks badass but was my go-to physical attack Schemata for about 70% of the game.

Same here. I love that Blitz attack!

I colored the suit pink and paired it with Cute Bunny Ears. :kaohappy:

Eagle299
03-28-2014, 01:23 AM
I like Cloud's Soldier 1st Class schemata. I've used it for about 99% of the game, and have never found it lacking when it came time to deal massive amounts of physical damage.

Masamunemaster
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Velvet bouncer, give it warrior hunters mask,a heavy slash with 130 str boost abd two more +80 and you will have over 3k attack easy(topped off at 5k on normal with Ultima)

krissy
04-16-2014, 03:39 AM
soldier of peace + heavy attack v 2 = you can do damage to most things even when they're not staggered, even if it'll take a while

marshall banana! how'd you get such nice screenshots of your game?