PDA

View Full Version : [LR] So I just discovered this Aeronite monster thing.

Loony BoB
02-16-2014, 02:31 PM
What the hell. :(

Advice to everyone: DO NOT HIT THE ELECTRIFIED CHAOS ORB THING IN THE DUNES. At least, not until you are cranked up to the high noons on steroids and whatever else. 11,000,000 HP! Apparently in Hard Mode he has 57,000,000 HP. This game definitely has an "endgame" aspect to it for those who like a challenge.

Madame Adequate
02-16-2014, 07:25 PM
I like the sound of 57,000,000 HP! I might need to get this game after all!

Noctis Caelum
02-16-2014, 11:32 PM
One of the toughest bosses of all time. I found him without even knowing about it. *Wildlands boss* beat my ass down so I'm doing quests, and then magically stumble across him. What a laugh.

Sephiroth
02-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Use some Overclocks, Breaks & Artemis Arrows.

That was my last trophy to Platinum in December.

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2014, 12:42 AM
I like these wtf bosses that just pop up everywhere. I ran into Schrodinger on Day 2 and immediately died.

Sephiroth
02-17-2014, 01:29 AM
I like these wtf bosses that just pop up everywhere. I ran into Schrodinger on Day 2 and immediately died.

I also ran into him on Day 2 and he died. Schrödinger's Cat is officially dead now.

And I have finished the German version. The ending is as beautiful as it was the first time I saw it, actually it made me even happier this time.

Loony BoB
02-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Wait, isn't Schrodinger just a standard enemy?

Sephiroth
02-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Wait, isn't Schrodinger just a standard enemy?

Schrödinger's Cat is a standard enemy and a quest boss for the cooking quest.

radicaledward124
02-19-2014, 07:54 AM
I found this thing too and ran away when i didn't make a dent in it's hp. I'm not a wimp by any means in game but still that was just nuts and each hit only did like 1 point of damage. man that is nuts and it's a quest boss too! yeah no not happening there.

Jessweeee♪
02-19-2014, 03:42 PM
I don't even know what I'm doing. I just talk to people and fight things and ride trains :confused:

Loony BoB
02-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Be sure to do the main quests, Jess! They power you up like crazy and make the sidequests seem basic. But uh... save the Wildlands boss 'til last, because urgh, he's actually hard.

Noctis Caelum
02-21-2014, 09:30 PM
So I just finished the Ultimate Lair, defeating the boss in there. I think I might finally be ready to take down Aeronite now. My question is, is he weak to poison at all? It would be nice if he is. It's a great tactic to really get enemies health to go down extremely fast.

I think all the level 4 spells you get in the Dungeon will really make a difference on this bastard monkey. I also wonder if using the Ultimate garb is smart or not.

Sephiroth
02-21-2014, 09:34 PM
No and he has a time limit. You should break him 3-4 times, then use Artemis Arrows and continue that in Overclock mode with Ethers.

Noctis Caelum
02-21-2014, 09:52 PM
All I have is one Ether on me. Still think I can get it done? Had a Hero Potion on me but kind of stupidly used it on that Ultimate Lair boss. >_> It's incredibly OP.

I know Quiet Guardian and Soldier of Peace are the two best options. What about the third though?

Sephiroth
02-21-2014, 09:59 PM
All I have is one Ether on me. Still think I can get it done?

I know Quiet Guardian and Soldier of Peace are the two best options. What about the third though?

As long as you have a Blaster Class, Crescent Moon I recommend with Revenge of Chaos, and Artemis Pierce, so Soldier of Peace, everything is fine job-wise. One Ether is a bit of a risk, with two it could be possible. One is possible, too, but that's less Overclocks and so it requires more damage in a shorter period of time. How about getting another one, a Turbo Ether or the Elixir you need for your trophy?

Psychotic
02-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Just bumped into this thing. Thanks to this thread I knew what it was and with a "Sorry Fang I hope chewing on your bones satiates it!" I dashed off with the orb in hot pursuit. Had to jump off a cliff to get it to fuck off.

Noctis Caelum
02-26-2014, 06:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gSBE6TO.png

Ding dong the bitch is smurfing dead at last! Normal difficulty and only one Ether used, too.

The biggest issue I had with this asshole was staggering it. Sometimes I had no problem, other times it would just fly away as if mocking my very existence. Needless to say it was infuriating. Took about 30+ attempts to finally get the smurfer.

Loony BoB
02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking I'll go back to my day 10 save where I've done pretty much every sideques and every Chocolina quest and just farm Unappraised items like a madman, hoping to tank up on Ethers before I really give this a go. I had two spare Ethers when I jumped into the fight against the final boss of the game and it made the ending fight easy. Overclock, Overclock, Overclock, Overclock, Overclock... xD

Scotty_ffgamer
02-26-2014, 05:46 PM
I'll probably wait for a second playthrough to attempt this again. Mainly because I'm not sure I have a save file I'd like to go back to to try to grab more Ethers and such.

I never messed with Ethers during the final fight, but Overclocks made that fight pretty easy, haha.

Noctis Caelum
02-26-2014, 06:17 PM
If you can, stock up on a Hero Potion or two. I made do with a couple of Warrior Potions but Hero Potions are WAY better. Ethers are overrated. I was using Equilibrium+ and it's attack was doing around 40k damage per hit. No where near as good as Artemis Arrows, but while waiting for Soldier of Peace to charge, it was quite nice regardless. Also managed to do it without any big weapon purchasing. I had a previous save on Day 13, right in front of Aeronite's warp distortion, and it was in the final hour of Day 13 so I had no time left to stock up on better recovery items or weapons. It was do or die. And most of the time, I died. A lot.

DMKA
03-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Finally killed him today. I somehow ended up having two ethers and four turbo ethers before fighting him. I ended up using every single one of them. I still only barely won. :p