PDA

View Full Version : Multitasking

Bubba
02-17-2014, 03:17 PM
It's pretty much accepted that women are generally far better at this than us men. I found this article from a few months ago and it looks like it has indeed proven to be the case.

BBC News - Women 'better at multitasking' than men, study finds (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24645100)

I don't think I'm particularly good at it but because I can play the guitar and sing at the same time... people say that I am. I've always been a bit unsure what constitutes multitasking. Surely something as simple as talking and driving would count? Pretty much everyone is good at that.

What kind of tasks do you reckon constitute multitasking? Are you any good at it?

Ayen
02-17-2014, 05:02 PM
At the present time I'm working on a review, managing my blog and social media pages and posting on this forum all at once. Some times I also do this in addition to playing the game I'm reviewing that week. I slack off in a couple of things from time to time, but usually I'm pretty good at doing multiple things at once.

Agent Proto
02-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I can easily manage a couple things at once, like two or three things. Any more will require more concentration on my part and I usually end up getting distracted with one of the other things I'm doing, like right now. I'm trying to watch anime and browsing/posting but most of my attention is being focused on the anime than it is on this post. So at the moment, i'm doing two tasks at once. :p

Shiny
02-18-2014, 06:03 AM
At work, I have to have multiple things going on or I will get bored. I often utilize at least 3 computers. This Sunday it was only four: one to transcode, one to work, one to check emails and iNews, and one for surfing the web. When I'm home I enjoy mostly just keeping it to one or two tasks at a time or just chillin'.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-18-2014, 04:20 PM
I used to multitask on the computer a lot. Freshman year of college I would sometimes have netflix on one corner of the screen, another corner dedicated to browsing the web, a conversation with someone in another corner, and a paper being written in another corner of the screen. Most times I would give the whole bottom half of the screen to my paper and just have netflix and one other thing going on at the top. By senior year I would just be writing papers/lesson plans at the same time as playing Just Cause 2 and talking with my roommates.

I don't multitask much anymore aside from when I'm at work on busy days. Sometimes I'll play a game and watch a show/movie at the same time, but that's about it.