PDA

View Full Version : Humble Bundle 11

Dr Unne
02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
https://www.humblebundle.com/

There are some good games in this bundle!

Antichamber - a first-person puzzle platformer where physics doesn't work right. Some of the puzzles are really challenging, and it'll hurt your brain in the best possible way. I beat it in about 6 hours, but didn't 100% it yet. I highly recommend this.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - a 2-D beat-em-up. I haven't played too far into it yet, but from what I have seen, the combat is really fun, with lots of movement and combos and great controls. The art style is really bright and colorful, supposedly hand-painted.

The Swapper - here's what I said about it previously in some other thread.

Swapper is a cool game. The designers created models out of clay and video captured them for game graphics. It looks really good. It's a creepy kind of game without being full-fledged horror (no jump-scares or anything). The story delves into certain weird pseudo-philosophical areas which is kind of cool for a video game.

The gameplay is fun. Vaguely of reminiscent of a 2-D Portal, though not really. It's mostly a puzzle game, with a few platforming sections.

My main complaint is the game is short. There are a lot of simple puzzles to teach you the game mechanics that you'll likely breeze through, and then some good puzzles, and that's it. A couple puzzles had me stumped for a while, but I still beat the game in 4 hours. I would've loved a few more hours of puzzles. But that probably means I enjoyed the stuff that was there.

I haven't played the others yet, but Giana Sisters has been on my wishlist for a long time, and I've heard very good things about Guacamelee.

You also get the games' soundtracks, and they always add more games to the Bundle later on. Not bad value for $5.

Tasura
02-18-2014, 10:00 PM
I've been waiting for the new bundle to start, and this one finally has games I don't own~ Side note: Since I already have Monaco, I now have an extra copy if anyone wants it.

Nicolas
02-19-2014, 12:00 AM
This is a great bundle. I own all games on here but Giana Sisters and the Swapper. Everything on the list is just tons of fun. I'll probably end up buying it and giving away what I already have on Steam.

What Unne said about Anti-Chamber is true. Such a good game. I do recommend paying the extra, if you're going to get it, for Monaco. It's quite a fun top-down crime experience that is best played online with others, your friends or PUGs.

Vyk
02-19-2014, 01:17 AM
I'm with everyone else. This is a really good bundle for once, and sadly I own all the games I'd want from it lol Oops

Pete for President
02-19-2014, 01:37 AM
I really really want to play Antichamber but last time I checked it was Windows only. I have a mac :(

Tasura
02-19-2014, 01:45 AM
I really really want to play Antichamber but last time I checked it was Windows only. I have a mac :(

According to the bundle, it's available on all platforms, the only one that currently isn't is the Giana Sisters.

Dr Unne
02-19-2014, 03:17 AM
It probably was Windows-only at some point but I think the Humble Bundle guys are good at helping people port to Mac/Linux. It's part of what Humble Bundle is all about.

Pete for President
02-19-2014, 03:54 AM
I WILL CHECK THAT OUT. I want my psychedelic wacko games :stare:

Shoeberto
02-21-2014, 02:19 AM
I couldn't pass this up. I've heard such amazing things about all of these games, and the only one I've picked up has been Monaco. I am way, way, way excited, especially for Antichamber.

It's the first bundle I've picked up in a while - I was really buying almost every single one I came across for a while - but damn is it hard to pass up. I love the visibility this is giving to all of these wonderful games and developers.