PDA

View Full Version : Road rules

blackmage_nuke
02-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Do you have any rules for what passengers can or cant do in your car/while you're driving?

No smoking is the only one I have but im sure this will change after the first time someone drops food or spills a drink which has yet to happen

Quindiana Jones
02-19-2014, 12:23 PM
No smoking. No eating. No drinking. No breathing. No moving. Get out of my car. I don't have a car.

Sephex
02-19-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't know too many smokers, but the few times I am giving a ride to one I don't allow it. I never had trouble with this, but don't mess with my iPod or radio. I do have a buddy that always asks if we can listen to something else when we are in my car, which kind of irritates me occasionally, but it's not a big deal.

blackmage_nuke
02-19-2014, 01:24 PM
I don't know too many smokers, but the few times I am giving a ride to one I don't allow it. I never had trouble with this, but don't mess with my iPod or radio. I do have a buddy that always asks if we can listen to something else when we are in my car, which kind of irritates me occasionally, but it's not a big deal.

Usually the rule in my car is you can choose any song thats on my iPod unless Im in a good mood, then they can put their mp3 players on assuming I dont hate thier taste in music

sharkythesharkdogg
02-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Shion and I put a mixed playlist on the IPod to try and avoid that.

It doesn't always work because she skips a lot of her songs and I don't skip too any of mine, so it can turn into all my music.

Eating is okay in my car as long as you're careful and don't leave crumbs everywhere. And don't leave your wrappers in the floor, please.

I don't get opposition often, but seatbelts are also required.

Slothy
02-19-2014, 01:58 PM
No smoking and wear a seatbelt. It's sad that wear a seatbelt is the sort of rule that needs to be explicitly stated sometimes. But it's me getting the fine if we were pulled over so as long as it's my ass, they're wearing one. Some people I honestly wouldn't care to much if they went through the windshield.

escobert
02-19-2014, 02:48 PM
seatbelts plz thx and keep the damn windows up, I have ac :mad2:

Pumpkin
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Shion and I put a mixed playlist on the IPod to try and avoid that.

It doesn't always work because she skips a lot of her songs and I don't skip too any of mine, so it can turn into all my music.

Eating is okay in my car as long as you're careful and don't leave crumbs everywhere. And don't leave your wrappers in the floor, please.

I don't get opposition often, but seatbelts are also required.

Just no smoking. I don't care about food or drink in my car and I might actually encourage spilling on me seats because it would be encouragement to get new seats since I hate my seats.

I don't eat in sharky's car because I know he's nervous about that, but my car? Heck yes.

I do need to clean out my car. It's a mess because I can't bring myself to pay attention to it for too long because I keep seeing the backseat and remembering my son was in there and then I get sad, so it's a big mess from when I had stuff out to easily get to him to keep him entertained and the rest was just lazy depression.

And seatbelts of course, but I don't think that will ever really be an issue.

Shorty
02-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Seatbelts, front seat passenger is the Navigator whose responsibilities include tuning the music appropriately (no pop, rap, or country), giving directions and other miscellaneous tasks, Slug Bug rules apply everywhere and always when inside the vehicle, and Chinese Fire Drills at every stoplight (I don't actually do this but I wish I did).

I don't care about smoking and food so long there are no traces of either after the passengers have left. But no throwing cigarette butts out the window. You will put them out in the ashtray and then empty the ashtray or you will not puff. The smell of smoke goes away pretty quickly and doesn't do any harm to my car that I can tell.

Madame Adequate
02-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Seatbelts, front seat passenger is the Navigator whose responsibilities include tuning the music appropriately (no pop, rap, or country)

Uh, how are you going to drive in the West if you're not listening to country?

Chinese Fire Drills at every stoplight (I don't actually do this but I wish I did).

what the hell is a chinese fire drill

sounds racist

and mormon

Shorty
02-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Seatbelts, front seat passenger is the Navigator whose responsibilities include tuning the music appropriately (no pop, rap, or country)

Uh, how are you going to drive in the West if you're not listening to country?

Chinese Fire Drills at every stoplight (I don't actually do this but I wish I did).

what the hell is a chinese fire drill

sounds racist

and mormon

No, this can't be another Just Utah thing! I swear it's a real thing that people do. :(

"Chinese fire drill" is a slang term for a situation that is chaotic or confusing.

The term is also used to describe an American college prank (also known as red-light green-light) performed by a vehicle's occupants when stopped at a traffic light, especially when there is a need to swap drivers or fetch something from the trunk. Before the light changes to green, each occupant gets out, runs around the vehicle, and gets back inside, but not necessarily in their original seats. If one of the participants lags, the others may drive off without him or her.

It's musical chairs for when you're at a stoplight and everyone gets out and runs around the car yelling and screaming and waving their arms until the light turns red and you jump in the car by whichever door is closest to you. We used to do them in school when we were caravaning with packed cars and it was a lot of fun!

Except I just read on Wikipedia that it's considered an offensive term and now I feel like a jerk.

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2014, 04:00 AM
"Don't you tell me how to drive or I will drive my foot up your butt."

"If you throw that out the window I will throw you out the window."

I have no other rules.

Sephex
02-20-2014, 04:07 AM
"Don't you tell me how to drive or I will drive my foot up your butt."

You just reminded me of why I hate having my dad in the car. He's not as bad as he used to be, and he does
t get mad, but there is ALWAYS something I could be doing better.

Shaibana
02-21-2014, 02:22 PM
No smoking! and i dont care if you have those E-cigarettes.. NO SMOKING..
i will not move an inch unless everyone has a seatbelt on.

in case of short trips: My car, my music :3
in case of long trips: we can bargain

you take all your trash with you wen you leave the car.

if you sit next to me, you are my assistent

now that i see it in previous post: I am the one driving, so dont tell me how to!
just like last night when i was riding home in the middle of the night, my boyfriend: '' speed up dammed!!'' i was riding 110km/h .. instead of 130.. but it was raining and road seemed to absorb the water -.- ..
safety first! dont tell me how to drive!

blackmage_nuke
02-21-2014, 02:42 PM
I for one actually welcome criticism while im driving (particularly if it saves fuel), though if I disagree with their advice I will argue until they admit they are wrong.

I usually have a bag for trash so dont throw stuff out the window!

Shaibana
02-21-2014, 04:49 PM
I for one actually welcome criticism while im driving (particularly if it saves fuel), though if I disagree with their advice I will argue until they admit they are wrong.

that kind of advice i wouldnt mind either, but most comments are stuff like: ''hurry up'', ''no, go right here'' (while im in my own neighbourhood and i danm wel know where to drive)

noxious.sunshine
02-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Smoking is ok, but the window has to be pretty far down. I dont care if it's cold outside or not.

Music is what I want, but I have rly great taste in music so hardly anyone complains. People can go through my music though if they want.

No trying to backseat drive. You may think I'm a crap driver (which I'm not. My dad taught me and said I'm a pretty damn good driver). Keep your trap shut about my driving and we'll get along fine.

^ That's only happened a couple of times, but the people that said it were crackheads, naturally.

Uhmm... Oh. I dont expect navigation help. I'll use my GPS or get directions beforehand.

.... If I'm a passenger though, and you jump on your cell phone while driving me around- idc if it's bluetooth through the car or not, I will get extremely annoyed and irritated. I won't say anything most likely, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Shaibana
02-21-2014, 04:54 PM
cellphones annoy me real bad.
just like last night i had a person before me, and he was going left and right, and at a certain moment he was literally driving in the middle of the road :l he was kind of slow so i wanted to pass him but with that driving of his i didnt dare

Mo-Nercy
02-22-2014, 01:17 PM
I love my car, but people are free to eat, drink and smoke in it. Just don't make a mess. My taste in music is worlds apart from most of my friends so I'm pretty understanding if they want to sync up their own music. I've even got a cousin who likes Bieber and I don't mind.

I don't like it when people complain about the noise though. I like my exhaust. Deal with it. :)

Jiro
02-25-2014, 01:05 AM
I don't have rules. The people I drive with are respectful.

Shaibana
02-25-2014, 12:23 PM
i need to vacuum my car. ive been saying that for a half year now :l
there is still dirt and grass on the floor from an horse event a half year ago xD

im pretty tidy usual :o but for some reason i have not cleaned my car yet.. the cold weather is stopping me..
luckely its getting warmer now. yesterday i walked the dog without a coat and went to the stores in a summer coat

thats how warm it is in the netherlands now :l

NorthernChaosGod
02-26-2014, 11:22 AM
No smoking, don't leave trash in my car, don't touch my iPod.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm not very picky about my passengers behavior.

Eating is okay. I eat while I drive all the time. I'm not worried about stains. Whatever.
Smoking is okay if the window is all the way down. I recently quit smoking, but whenever I did smoke and drive both windows were all the way down.
If I have a radio station on, don't change it unless it is on commercials. If an iPod is going, go for it. As long as music is going I'm happy.
You are not driving, so don't tell me how to drive. You may point things out, like exits or another vehicle about to slam us.
Also, I don't care if you can't see out the window, I will put the damned wipers on when I want to do so.

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2014, 04:23 AM
1. Wear your seatbelt
2. I can turn my music up as loud as I want

Jiro
02-27-2014, 04:26 AM
Also, I don't care if you can't see out the window, I will put the damned wipers on when I want to do so.

Oh man this really bothers me too. Like, my old car's windscreen was pretty dodge and if I put the wipers on it would pretty much just smear and make it damn near impossible to see. So like, if it's only lightly raining, fuck off I can see perfectly fine. Friend of mine used to hit the wipers for me and I damn near pulled the car over and made them walk. Don't touch my shit while I'm driving.

Big D
02-27-2014, 04:58 AM
Yelling. I can't stand it when I'm driving, especially impromptu, out-of-the-blue shouting about something.

Seatbelts go without saying. It's the law here, as well as common sense, so I don't need to mention it.

When I'm going anywhere at night, I insist on my passengers locking their doors. It only takes about half a second, so it's no hassle, but it could be what prevents some random drunk asshole from yanking a door open to deliver facepunches or grab at handbags. Sure, it'll probably never happen to us - but it *does* happen from time to time in these parts, so I make a habit of keeping car doors locked after dark.

blackmage_nuke
02-27-2014, 06:45 AM
2. I can turn my music up as loud as I want

That reminds me, Im usually open as to letting passenger control the music but if I lower the volume because im on unfamiliar streets and Im trying to concentrate then dont turn it up again!

Jiro
03-01-2014, 07:50 AM
all of these are good points. I usually tell the front passenger to control music so that I don't have to worry about it and I know that they are listening to something they enjoy because my music taste is widely varied and I don't care all that much