PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION SCIENCE NERDS

Jinx
02-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Can any of you tell me when I'm getting my jet pack?

Freya
02-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Collectively as science nerds, we decided you don't need one. Instead were working in getting you a hoverboard.

Big D
02-21-2014, 01:56 AM
The Martin Jetpack is apparently only a year or so from commercial release. Sure, it can only carry 30 minutes of fuel, but it'd make the daily commute more lively.

Mirage
02-21-2014, 02:32 PM
You can get one right now if you just have enough money. And courage.

Shorty
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Man, I want a hoverboard. Jetpacks would probably hurt my shoulders.

Mirage
02-21-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm sure you can get a harness that evenly distributes the force all across your torso.

Sephex
02-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Hoverboards would be cool, but I have shitty balance.

along with time travel.

Part of the technology I invented actually keeps the rider on the board, unless there is an emergency. I haven't perfected it yet, but I am also working on teleportation

Slothy
02-21-2014, 06:13 PM
along with time travel.

There are serious logistical issues with time travel. Like the fact that unless you're time machine can send you to any point in space, as well as time, you'll probably travel backwards or forwards and end up in space and die.

The TARDIS is actually the only practical time machine ever conceived.

Shorty
02-21-2014, 06:14 PM
along with time travel.

What an obscenely presumptuous statement. That's like saying "long-sleeved shirts are the only practical clothing ever conceived."

Shorty
02-21-2014, 06:19 PM
YOU GOT YOUR ANSWER

THE TITLE IS "ATTENTION SCIENCE NERDS" WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING

Slothy
02-21-2014, 06:21 PM
And we told you we're close. So now let's talk about other sciency things we were promised that haven't happened yet. I mean, I was promised time travel in 1985. I'm waiting for my time travel.

along with time travel.

What an obscenely presumptuous statement. That's like saying "long-sleeved shirts are the only practical clothing ever conceived."

Not really. Any time machine that isn't also a space ship or can guarantee it lands on Earth in another time period will kill its occupants. Very few time machines actually have this ability, but with the TARDIS it's built into the name. And since it predates most other space travelling time machines it gets the credit for being the first.

Madame Adequate
02-21-2014, 06:27 PM
They already exist nerdlinger, just google them!

Sephex
02-21-2014, 07:24 PM
along with time travel.

There are serious logistical issues with time travel. Like the fact that unless you're time machine can send you to any point in space, as well as time, you'll probably travel backwards or forwards and end up in space and die.

That's why is is tied to mental functionality and brobarthian principles. As a time lawyer, this is my experience.

It's hard to maintain 76 quaderooths a hypejump, unfortunately.

Mirage
02-21-2014, 07:35 PM
i actually have a tardis btw

i just use it to warp to work though, it makes it easier to get there on time.

Bubba
02-22-2014, 03:13 PM
That's why is is tied to mental functionality and brobarthian principles. As a time lawyer, this is my experience.

I am actually a time pizza delivery boy. In my experience, there is no connection to brobarthian principles unless combined with gogallimine elements... or anchovies.

Also, it is easy to maintain up to 90 quaderooths if using a seismic quasar compactor... or spicy beef.

WildRaubtier
02-22-2014, 05:07 PM
And we told you we're close. So now let's talk about other sciency things we were promised that haven't happened yet. I mean, I was promised time travel in 1985. I'm waiting for my time travel.

along with time travel.

Not really. Any time machine that isn't also a space ship or can guarantee it lands on Earth in another time period will kill its occupants. Very few time machines actually have this ability, but with the TARDIS it's built into the name. And since it predates most other space travelling time machines it gets the credit for being the first.

You're neglecting that gravity bends spacetime. Any old time machine can and will be affected by gravitational forces past, present and future, ie dumping the vessel back in the same geographical locale it left from. More or less. Continental drift could pose a problem.

Sephex
02-22-2014, 09:40 PM

I am actually a time pizza delivery boy. In my experience, there is no connection to brobarthian principles unless combined with gogallimine elements... or anchovies.

Also, it is easy to maintain up to 90 quaderooths if using a seismic quasar compactor... or spicy beef.

But wait. Are you factoring the geothermal gyroscorpio expansion theory? You CAN go 90 quaderooths that way, but it is akin to spinning your tires in snow without thinking of the hypejump factor.

Bubba
02-23-2014, 10:38 AM

But wait. Are you factoring the geothermal gyroscorpio expansion theory? You CAN go 90 quaderooths that way, but it is akin to spinning your tires in snow without thinking of the hypejump factor.

Come on, Seph. GGE theory has never been proven. Without a nuclear polymorphic reaction chamber, which won't be built in our lifetime, it can't be proven!

Also, the SQC does take into account the hypejump factor. Although it isn't physically possible to get to 100 quaderooths, this would be the threshold in which geothermic biolateral displacement would occur. 90 quaderooths, being well short of GBD, is more than plausible.

Sephex
02-23-2014, 06:36 PM

Come on, Seph. GGE theory has never been proven. Without a nuclear polymorphic reaction chamber, which won't be built in our lifetime, it can't be proven!

Also, the SQC does take into account the hypejump factor. Although it isn't physically possible to get to 100 quaderooths, this would be the threshold in which geothermic biolateral displacement would occur. 90 quaderooths, being well short of GBD, is more than plausible.

Well, it looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree. I still say the GGE theory is more valid than most. But don't even get me STARTED on the Pyronus Perthan Perfection technique. You might as well believe that a blade of grass can allow time travel if you believe in that garbage!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-24-2014, 12:37 AM
*stares at thread title*

I'm slightly put off by the fact that Shorty wasn't the one calling out nerds in the EoFF masses and as such I'm too disoriented to read the thread topic.

Good job Sam :colbert:

Shorty
02-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Seems to be part of the general slang nowadays!

Bubba
02-24-2014, 01:55 AM

Well, it looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree. I still say the GGE theory is more valid than most. But don't even get me STARTED on the Pyronus Perthan Perfection technique. You might as well believe that a blade of grass can allow time travel if you believe in that garbage!

Haha, agreed!

The PPP nerds are on a different planet. Hopefully for them, a planet where technology has advanced enough to prove their ridiculous theories.

Sephex
02-24-2014, 02:44 AM

Haha, agreed!

The PPP nerds are on a different planet. Hopefully for them, a planet where technology has advanced enough to prove their ridiculous theories.

That's not even the worst part. I once caught a colleague of mine--get this--daring to use freznoids in the anti-hemlerion chamber! The whole facility nearly imploded AND exploded at the same time! All because of his fanatic belief in PPP!

krissy
02-24-2014, 05:02 AM
duno bout jetpacks
but ask iceglo or cuch for 6pax

The Man
02-24-2014, 05:14 AM

along with time travel.

You're neglecting that gravity bends spacetime. Any old time machine can and will be affected by gravitational forces past, present and future, ie dumping the vessel back in the same geographical locale it left from. More or less. Continental drift could pose a problem.

It's highly unlikely that all of this would be enough to counteract the revolution of the earth around the sun, and even if there weren't that the rotation of the earth about its axis could cause problems too (since some parts of the earth are higher up than others and you could easily end up teleporting yourself into solid ground or several miles above the surface of the earth).

Skyblade
02-24-2014, 05:26 AM
All motion is relative. You could theoretically travel through time only, and maintain your location on Earth, as long as Earth is the reference point for your rest.

People say that the Earth spins on its axis. But, if you hold the Earth still, you'll see that the cosmos rotates around it. It's all a matter of perspective.

Bubba
02-24-2014, 08:07 AM

Haha, agreed!

That's not even the worst part. I once caught a colleague of mine--get this--daring to use freznoids in the anti-hemlerion chamber! The whole facility nearly imploded AND exploded at the same time! All because of his fanatic belief in PPP!

Haha, what an absolute tool!

Freznoids are highly unstable at the best of times. The only time their use should be even contemplated is if you've inverted the ionic phase in the downpulse of their field margin. Even then it's too risky.

Those PPP nerds though, never satisfied until they've blown something up, are they? You'd think after the sub-space conduit tachyon surge of 2006 they'd have learnt their lesson!

Sephex
02-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Haha, agreed!

Haha, what an absolute tool!

Freznoids are highly unstable at the best of times. The only time their use should be even contemplated is if you've inverted the ionic phase in the downpulse of their field margin. Even then it's too risky.

Those PPP nerds though, never satisfied until they've blown something up, are they? You'd think after the sub-space conduit tachyon surge of 2006 they'd have learnt their lesson!

The dude straight up said that the tachyon surge of 2006 was the best thing that ever happened to science. I could not believe my ears when I saw those words escape his mouth.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-14-2014, 07:01 AM
no offense

but i'm pretty sure the word nerd is older than shorty, so

Nope :smug: