PDA

View Full Version : Teas and Coffees

starlet
02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
I don't see a thread on these so I thought Id start one.

Im drinking green tea that I got from the asian imports store (AKA Otaku store- they have anime, manga and cosplay merchandise there too!) I'm a fan of Chai teas as well, I'll try just about any tea at least once though.

Coffee.....coffee and I are very, VERY good friends. Not much more I can say outside of that!

Discuss brewed things!

escobert
02-24-2014, 01:18 AM
I drink a cup or two of Green Mountain Breakfast or Nantucket Blends. I love me some green tea or sleepytime tea at night :)

Shorty
02-24-2014, 01:35 AM
I love chai tea! Definitely my favorite. I bought some huckleberry cream tea over the summer and it is sooo delicious and smells wonderful. I also love love thai tea.

And coffee! Espresso, preferably.

Miriel
02-24-2014, 09:09 AM
My very favorite coffee drink is a Havana latte which is basically espresso with condensed milk. It rocks my world.

Other than that, I tend to like milder coffees and it's sort of like wine where all the stuff about notes and accents and random flavor profiles of oak and toffee and whatnot totally go over my head. I just know I like my coffee smooth with milk and sugar. Can't stand it black.

Don't drink much tea.

Night Fury
02-24-2014, 09:54 AM
I used to like a Latte, but I've moved onto Cappucino these days. With skimmed milk too. There's nothing nicer, imo, than a lovely coffee in the morning.

Ayen
02-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't know what kind of tea or coffee it was, but I tried both just to give them a chance and didn't like the taste of either. The tea I could at least hold down, but I spat out the coffee the moment it entered my mouth. Never acquired much of a taste for either.

Old Manus
02-24-2014, 03:11 PM
My old man runs a coffee importing business, so I've got a pretty swanky espresso machine at home that got written off as it had a broken frother. Every time I visit these days I get a box of pods from somewhere in the world, usually Italy or Holland. DAT DUTCH COFFEE DOE. People call me a coffee snob because I scoff at people saying they love their coffee even though all they drink is instant freeze-dried nonsense.

noxious.sunshine
02-25-2014, 08:23 AM
I like manzanilla chamomille tea.

For a good couple of yrs, I had no clue what manzanilla was called in English -_-. I still call it manzanilla and usually have to think about it for a few seconds.

Anywho. Unsweetened Iced Tea. Brewed stronger than normal and extra ice. Omg. I use 1 family-sized cold brew bag and then I can just refill with water until there's no more tea left in the leaves.

I can't drink coffee or any coffee related beverages. Makes me feel sick after a couple of drinks.

Night Fury
02-25-2014, 09:07 AM
I had to sit in the car with my cappucino today til we got home as it was so hot.

By the time we got home my foam had melted into the coffee. I was heartbroken.

maybee
02-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Green tea is the best ! Really good for you too, or so they say xD

Bubba
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
My main choice of tea is Twinings English Breakfast which is just about perfect. I will occasionally drink Earl Grey or Darjeeling if the occasion calls for it.

I cannot stand the taste of coffee so I avoid it like the plague. This is the reason I stopped eating Revels.

Pumpkin
02-26-2014, 01:50 PM
I like all kinds of tea. Chamomile is my favorite. I actually usually don't like black teas, but I like some and I like a lot of green/herbal teas. We got some specialty open leaf teas, a few different flavors, and they are delicious.

I don't like coffee.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
My main choice of tea is Twinings English Breakfast which is just about perfect. I will occasionally drink Earl Grey or Darjeeling if the occasion calls for it.

Twinings is a good brand.

Pete for President
02-27-2014, 01:57 AM

The best. It also has a tiger.

Pumpkin
02-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Urg

sharkythesharkdogg
02-27-2014, 04:07 AM
I also enjoy Celestial.

Freya
02-27-2014, 05:11 AM
I love tea! I usually have a cup of green tea a day.

I have this really good stuff i bought at some store i don't even remember it's vanilla tea

http://www.tealeafswny.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Vanilla-Tea-420x315.jpg.

I usually like vanilla chai. But anythign works. I like black tea in the morning. I add honey or sometimes sweetener at work because I don't have honey there :(

I also have this cool blooming tea set thing. It's pretty nifty.

http://distilleryimage2.ak.instagram.com/f0a1189e4ed411e2b19422000a1f9bc9_7.jpg

blackmage_nuke
02-27-2014, 06:52 AM
If I need to wake up slightly i'll have some black tea with milk and honey. If I need to stay up all night I'll have some instant coffee and mix it with milk, sugar and milo.

Incase you havent guessed I dont love the taste of tea or coffee

Mo-Nercy
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
I've gone back on the Dare Ice Coffees recently. The Double Espresso flavour does a good job of waking me up. If I'm having a hot coffee, I like soy lattes or long blacks - depends on whether I feel like something sweet or not.

I don't drink a whole lot of tea, though I do occasionally buy bottled milk teas from the asian grocers. The Assam brand is probably my favourite. I also like those bubble milk/green tea shops. They're all over Sydney. My absolute favourite kind of these is the Rock Salt and Cheese Green Tea!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K47k92-7fRg/Ttl-R7t2K2I/AAAAAAAALeY/SL8li0-6SN4/s800/Happy-Lemon.jpg

radicaledward124
02-28-2014, 12:32 AM
I drink a lot of tea. I love Earl Gray and well that's about all I drink. I enjoy a good green tea once and a while. I used to drink coffee like a mad woman in college and high school but I have since gotten away from it since my dad's gone to a single serve maker and i never remember to make it when he's not home.

NeoCracker
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Throw me in to the Green Tea Wagon, I find it very relaxing. :p