PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect Series [Spoilers]

Ayen
02-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Let's talk Mass Effect.

I was introduced to this series through 2 and then went back to play 1, took a bit adjusting to the controls and everything to 1. Then I had to adjust all over again when I went back to playing 2. I had a lot of fun! I played a spacer, war hero, soldier for my canon play-through of the trilogy. Paragon for the most part, but I focused more on answering the way I thought the character would to try to make her more three-dimensional. Cmd Tori Shepard reporting for duty :cool:

I love the Alliance Navy uniform. Too bad most of the Alliance are unlikeable bigots that can go die in a fire. Ooh, in addition to the game let's talk about the choices we made while playing:

I always went after Liara first after taking command of the Normandy then went after her mother and the colony.

Left Kaidan with the bomb, figured he deserved to go out like a hero for a change.

Romanced Liara and remained loyal to Liara despite how incredibly hard it was to resist the awesomeness of Garrus in the second one. Then the third game kept throwing lesbians at me. Stop it!

Kept Wrex alive and remained loyal to the krogan during that mission in 3. Also kept the Collectors base in tact at the end of 2, though it didn't seem to matter all that much going into 3.

Discuss.

Botchmun
02-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Mass eShrekt ogreloaded my playstation.

Del Murder
02-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Loved ME2. Loved most of ME3. I wasn't as upset at the ending as some people but I agree it was pretty bad. I've never played ME1 since it wasn't on PS3 for a while but I'd like to go back to it someday, maybe as a female Shep.

Freya
02-25-2014, 02:57 AM
ME1's combat is challenging if you're used to the other two. I like 3's gameplay the most. I like 2's progression of story the most. But i like one's story the best. It's a new world, you learn everything and BAM bad guys. Before the reapers are really there and you first meet them an figure the dangers.

Night Fury
02-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Mass Effect is probably my favourite gaming series and possibly topples Final Fantasy for that top spot.

I really only loved 2 Final Fantasy games and they were separate, but this was just a wonderful series of three games that I got incredibly engrossed in and there's still so much I need to do on these games. I'm actually going to do a play through of it all again. Maybe I'll do a Let's Play of it? Would anyone be interested in this? I'll be playing PC so I can get lots of screens. Perhaps I will do it, might be a valuable use of my time. :)

Anyway, Tali is my favourite character (duh) but honestly, every single character in this game I just love. Especially Thane :heart:

Ayen
02-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Mass eShrekt ogreloaded my playstation.

The PlayStation wasn't meant to handle that much awesomeness.

Loved ME2. Loved most of ME3. I wasn't as upset at the ending as some people but I agree it was pretty bad. I've never played ME1 since it wasn't on PS3 for a while but I'd like to go back to it someday, maybe as a female Shep.

It's worth it just to be able to port your Shepard over to 2 and 3 and have your decisions from 1 carry over. You miss out on some stuff playing with the default decisions in 2. I remember going back and finishing 2 before 3 just so I could have my decisions carry over because I hated the default set in 3.

Maybe I'll do a Let's Play of it? Would anyone be interested in this?

YES!

Night Fury
02-25-2014, 09:06 AM
HNB is re-installing the game so I'll have a play on it tonight and try and get something up.

I'm so excited.

Ayen
02-25-2014, 09:16 AM
I only ever played the games on the Xbox so I'm curious to see what the differences on the PC are, if any.

Freya
02-26-2014, 04:16 AM
MODS! Graphic mods galore!

EXAMPLE:

http://social.bioware.com/uploads_project/project_gallery/9000/8265/4603/12567.jpg

for mass effect 1

CimminyCricket
02-26-2014, 04:41 AM
I played the hell out of this game for the 360, but I might be throwing it on my PC to play with some mods (probably nothing as boring as an HD upgrade since graphics have very little to do with why I play games anymore, but there's got to be some spectacular stuff out there for me to do.

Jessweeee♪
02-26-2014, 05:02 AM
I love Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 is my favorite story-wise, but Mass Effect 3 was the most fun for me. Vanguard is my favorite class. Can't decide which Vanguard I like better though, the one that charges into people and blows a shotgun in their face, or the one that spams nova-charge and can take on three brutes at once at close range.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmSY_58b00&index=2&list=FLg4Fvt9L-PP4QHBgZeihI_A

Freya
02-26-2014, 05:13 AM
citadel is the best haha I love drunk Tali when she's talking about her tattoo

Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC: Tali is drunk. Again. - YouTube (http://youtu.be/_RBopEYuyHs?t=6m1s)

Someone actually drew it haha

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d4197ea7a8c12e6f5a5fba881bd19d7/tumblr_mr6gzzMyiq1s5vd1ko1_500.jpg

Ayen
02-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Omni-tooooooo! Attack of the naked killer woman.

Aulayna
02-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Priority: Palaven

One of the most amazing experiences I've had in a game ever.

Although having said that, the final DLC for ME2 was pretty amazing as well, that final sprint down the docks of the asteroid to get to the Normandy, with Harbinger taunting you and the Mass Relay getting closer and closer in the skybox.

Ayen
02-26-2014, 02:35 PM
The one DLC I really want to get is Lair of the Shadow Broker. But for some stupid reason I can't seem to hook up to the internet through my Xbox -_-

Aulayna
02-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Lair of the Shadow Broker is possibly the best DLC the series had in terms of story, content and set pieces.

Psychotic
02-26-2014, 02:40 PM
The multiplayer on 3 is my resounding memory of Mass Effect and it was as addicting as an MMORPG! All that free DLC didn't help. Volus and Krogan domination :love: If only they'd made playable Elcor...

Aulayna
02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
I was a Human Infiltrator for so long in MP'er. Then I got Krogan Vanguard out of a reward chest and never looked back. He was an adorable murder machine who would cackle like a lunatic on his rampages of destruction.

Ayen
02-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I only ever played as a soldier in any of the Mass Effect games. I had the most balanced team ever with Liara and Tali at my side.

Freya
02-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Multiplayer was so much fun! Watching steve waah waah in and get himself killed was great. Oh man those platinum rounds with steve, paul, dan and I. Stupid geth. good times.

Kalevala
02-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Mass Effect is quite possibly the best video game series I've played. I love certain Final Fantasy entries, but none of them can hold a candle to Mass Effect's writing and scope.

My first play-through was as MaleShep but then I went through again as FemShep and had a much better experience. Romanced Thane. :love:

Iceglow
03-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Multiplayer was so much fun! Watching steve waah waah in and get himself killed was great. Oh man those platinum rounds with steve, paul, dan and I. Stupid geth. good times.

I didn't die half as often as you make out. Especially if I was playing as an Asari Adept. Though the amount of times I had to play as the Quarian Infiltrator and run around on objective missions cloaked trying to not die was funny.

Shiny
03-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Played ME1 - ME3. I was so happy at the improvements from ME1 to ME2. I would say the second is my favorite, but I actually think out of all of them I probably enjoyed the third the addition of online gameplay. This is definitely my favorite trilogy OF ALL TIME.

Nice
03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
I played ME2 and went back to play ME. I'm currently playing ME3. It's a wonderful series. I'm always conflicted between Miranda and Liara though. Makes my heart hurt it does.

Mirage
03-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Mass effect would have been my absolute favourite game series if it wasn't for the ending. The ending doesn't ruin the entire series for me, but it bumps it down from first place for sure.

Mons
04-03-2014, 07:29 PM
The first one is good.
2 and 3 is meh.

I like that you can
-Manually Crouch and shoot
-Manually stick to walls
-Armor looks cooler
-Drive a vehicle to search for minerals and side missions.

Its a neat game :)

Wolf Kanno
04-03-2014, 07:36 PM
I still need to finish this series. I kind of burnt myself out by playing the first two games back to back, not to mention I wasn't pleased with the game-play direction ME2 took the series into. I haven't gotten around to playing the final installment, partly because from what I hear, the game-play is similar to ME2 and partly because I still don't get Wrex back and my other favorite character, Mordin, supposedly dies anyway.

Still, it was a really good Sci-Fi RPG series and I felt it did some really clever things.

Skyblade
04-04-2014, 06:10 AM
I still need to finish this series. I kind of burnt myself out by playing the first two games back to back, not to mention I wasn't pleased with the game-play direction ME2 took the series into. I haven't gotten around to playing the final installment, partly because from what I hear, the game-play is similar to ME2 and partly because I still don't get Wrex back and my other favorite character, Mordin, supposedly dies anyway.

Still, it was a really good Sci-Fi RPG series and I felt it did some really clever things.

Actually, there is a DLC mission where you can get Wrex back.

Mordin does die. But it's an awesome death that he earned. He was old anyway, pushing 40. He didn't have long to live at any rate.

Freya
04-04-2014, 06:16 AM
What? There is no DLC mission to get Wrex back.

Unless you mean The Citadel where all your old party members who aren't dead join you for a mission. Otherwise, no, Wrex is a NPC in ME3. A badass one! But nope.

Ayen
04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Skyblade, you can't just go around getting people's hopes up like that. That's how wars get started!

Skyblade
04-04-2014, 07:19 PM
I did mean The Citadel. You get him back for only one mission, but it is still awesome.

Vyk
04-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Tali was my favorite badass little nerd girlfriend. I wanted so badly to date her in the first game. I made the mistake of going with Ashley in the first game. Turned out to be a total bitch after that and I was happy to be rid of her to free myself up to be with Tali, and never looked back

I was honestly surprised people lost Wrex in the first game. But I love how stories can be so drastically different from one another

Ayen
04-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I did everything in my power to make sure Wrex stayed alive. No one gets left behind! Except that one person I had to leave behind... But that was a one time deal.

Del Murder
04-06-2014, 05:00 AM
I hear so much great stuff about Wrex but I never played ME1 and when I started ME2 he was predetermined to be dead. :(

Nice
04-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Grunt is a beast. Is he better than Wrex? I'm not going there, but i loved me some Grunt. I was not as upset over ME3's ending as everyone else. It was fitting I thought. :/ maybe something's wrong with me.

Skyblade
04-06-2014, 05:53 AM
I hear so much great stuff about Wrex but I never played ME1 and when I started ME2 he was predetermined to be dead. :(

Get the Origins DLC for Mass Effect 2. It will let you make some of the important choices (as well as give you some backstory), including whether or not Wrex lives. It's not as good as playing Mass Effect, but it's better than having Wrex dead.

Ayen
04-06-2014, 10:53 AM

The predetermined settings on both ME2 and 3 are bollocks. (That's right, I'm American and I said bollocks!) So much in fact in 3's case I went back to finish 2 just so I could have my choices carry over. Yeah, yeah, I should have done that in the first place. I got impatient.