PDA

View Full Version : What would you prefer not to see?

Laddy
02-25-2014, 03:58 AM
An all-male playable cast.

Pumpkin
02-25-2014, 04:00 AM

That. Also difficult to get the hang of, an un-engaging story, a sucky ability system, un-interesting characters.

Fynn
02-25-2014, 06:48 AM
I would not like to see this game not out yet. As it isn't. And we still don't know anything. We might still get playable women.

I don't want to see this rushed. I want it to be polished. And I don't want to see a typical, clichè, saccharine love story, though the only FF to do that in recent years was XII, so I'm not even hoping that anymore.

Ayen
02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
A repeat of XIII.

Fynn
02-25-2014, 11:17 AM
A repeat of XIII.

I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that won't happen if SE knows what's good for them :p

Ayen
02-25-2014, 11:41 AM
A repeat of XIII.

I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that won't happen if SE knows what's good for them :p

Hearing how well they turned XIV around with A Realm Reborn gives me hope.

Rostum
02-26-2014, 12:14 AM
I prefer not to see an overly-melodramatic story. I'm so sick of that. Go back to a more whimsical tale. FFXIII just took itself too seriously all the time, that's what ruined it (other than it being a convoluted linear mess with an uninteresting battle system).

Just to add on to that, I would really prefer a main character that is upbeat (e.g. Zidane). Why can we not have that, it would allow me to connect and empathise with their story much more easily. :(

Spuuky
02-26-2014, 12:53 AM
A long corridor.

Del Murder
02-26-2014, 04:38 AM
I prefer not to see an overly-melodramatic story. I'm so sick of that. Go back to a more whimsical tale. FFXIII just took itself too seriously all the time, that's what ruined it (other than it being a convoluted linear mess with an uninteresting battle system).
Agreed. Don't take yourself so seriously SE!

Big D
02-26-2014, 04:46 AM
What I'd prefer not to see?

'Old age' beginning at 25

Character designs and costumes that are totally disconnected from their supposed origins and occupations

A main cast of glossy-skinned, shiny-haired teenagers

A closed-off world devoid of exploration, discovery and wonder

Mercen-X
02-26-2014, 07:01 AM
Children as playable characters. A cliche supervillain. Bland dialogue.

Fynn
02-26-2014, 07:35 AM

Just to add on to that, I would really prefer a main character that is upbeat (e.g. Zidane). Why can we not have that, it would allow me to connect and empathise with their story much more easily. :(

Noctis is actually supposed to be pretty weird and quirky, if Nomura's to be believed.

maybee
02-26-2014, 07:59 AM

This

And another male character that acts like Snow Villers.

Yes ! We need more Zidane !

Noctis looks like he's the type of guy that sits at home all night long listening to Chemical Romance, Linkin Park and 3 Day's Grace.

Bubba
02-26-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't want to see any clowns. I smurfing hate clowns.

I'm not a big fan of Marmite either so any reference to that... would not be appreciated :mad2:

maybee
02-26-2014, 01:04 PM

Not to be mean or try or trigger anything, but how do you feel about Final Fantasy 6 ?

Bubba
02-26-2014, 01:09 PM

Not to be mean or try or trigger anything, but how do you feel about Final Fantasy 6 ?

16-Bit pixelated clowns are fine (Kefka is awesome) but if you show me a full HD 1080 clown then I'll be out of there quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite.

Ayen
02-26-2014, 01:28 PM

16-Bit pixelated clowns are fine (Kefka is awesome) but if you show me a full HD 1080 clown then I'll be out of there quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite.

And this is why FFVI can never be remade.

Rostum
02-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Noctis is actually supposed to be pretty weird and quirky, if Nomura's to be believed.

Ah that's good to hear. From the looks of past trailers, he's come across as very moody and way too gloomy. So I hope what you say is true, then I am happy.

DMKA
03-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Bishonen. FFXIII was wonderfully free of them.

Fynn
03-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Bishonen. FFXIII was wonderfully free of them.

Well, it's a bit too late for that ;)

And what about Hope? Snow was also pretty bishie, if a bit buffer than usual.

DMKA
03-02-2014, 04:47 PM
And what about Hope? Snow was also pretty bishie, if a bit buffer than usual.
Snow had muscles and facial hair. He actually resembled a male. He looked like a guy, not an anorexic, boobless woman. He's not (at least, by the definition I grew up with) a bishie. And Hope's a kid so he doesn't count. :tongue:

Not that it ever stopped me from enjoying a Final Fantasy game before. I just really appreciated the lack of it FFXIII had and I hoped Squeenix would have continued to shift away from it.

Edge7
03-20-2014, 05:12 AM
Really, outside of Noctus and Prompto's "Visual Kei" look, none of the other characters really seem feminine. A bit baby faced, sure, but decidedly masculine. Especially when you compare their faces in the cast CG image http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130613032656/finalfantasy/images/5/55/Final_Fantasy_XV_-_Cast.PNG to the girls in the same image.

Gladious, Ignis and the others all look reasonably masculine.

Fynn
03-24-2014, 07:09 AM
I just noticed on that pic that the good guys have mostly blue eyes, while the bad guys have mostly green.

That's kinda racist :colbert:

Ayen
03-24-2014, 07:14 AM
I'm on the side of the green eyes. Green eyes rock!

Fynn
03-24-2014, 08:01 AM
thank you. (http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image-15.jpg) Say "no" to misrepresentation of green eyes in the media!

Also, you can tell Stella's not a bad guy because she has violet eyes, so closer to blue. Does that mean the grey-eyed old guy will give us a heel-face turn as well?

nirojan
03-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Japanese Melodrama...who am I kidding, of course it'll be there :D

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Nojima trying to be "clever" again and place some bullshit poorly executed M. Night Shamalan "twist" 3/4ths of the way into the plot that makes me unable to enjoy the plot. He's yet to write a good plot imho.

Bubba
03-29-2014, 12:22 PM
A Wolf Kanno post pleases me greatly.

Botchmun
03-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Flaccid, brooding young adults with horrible fashion sense and improbable weaponry fighting an empire or corporation notable for their ambiguous need to destroy the world and similarly horrendous aesthetics.

Psychotic
03-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Lyrics added to the chocobo theme again.

NeoCracker
03-30-2014, 10:51 PM
What if the lyrics are them apologizing for the last time they did it?

Freya
03-31-2014, 03:59 AM

Shut your mouth. Crazy chocobo is awesome.

pu0jWKWPuS0

Iceglow
03-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Just something to say after listening to 96 seconds of that Chocobo theme.

First up: They say Chocobo differently from the SE official "pronunciation" this makes me happy because frankly Choc-obo sounds better

Secondly, why oh why do we have a rock guitar riff version of the theme which sounds like it belongs on a Sum 41 album with vocalists who can't decide if they're going to be performing Limp Bizkit or Disturbed. I half expect to hear the signature "Raaaaaakkkk Raaaaaakkk" sound of David Draiman at any moment. The rock guitar version sounds pretty cool but frankly the lyrics don't work with the style of rock guitar chosen, they're doing metal style vocals over what is clearly a pop-punk version of the song.

Psychotic
03-31-2014, 09:29 PM
What if the lyrics are them apologizing for the last time they did it?As long as it ends with the shrieks of whoever was responsible as their head is dipped in molten lava, sure, I'm game.

Shut your mouth. Crazy chocobo is awesome.And this is why nobody likes you :colbert:

Kalevala
03-31-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't not want to see clowns bathing in marmite.