PDA

View Full Version : To grind or not to grind?

Spooniest
02-26-2014, 03:53 AM
I know that grinding early on in ff6 is a no-no, due to being able to get more stat boosts later with the Espers equipped, but I'm curious: you can tape down an autofire button on the Lethe River's (up) (left) choice, and grind some levels there. If you do this for long enough, you end up quite stocked up on gil as well.

You ever do this?

I don't like to; it doesn't include Locke, so Locke spends the next part of the game trailing everyone in level, which just seems weird to me.

Sephex
02-26-2014, 06:11 AM
I don't go nuts grinding, but the game is so easy I don't ever pay attention to stat boosting Esper stuff.

The Man
02-26-2014, 06:18 AM
I did this just because I could on one playthrough and never did again.

Fynn
02-26-2014, 09:01 AM
The game is so ridiculously easy I never found it necessary to stop and grind, let alone min-max stats. Seriously, I never paid attention to what vespers increased what stats and still breezed through it. Don't get me wrong, VI is one of two games tied for the number 1 spot on my favorite FF list, but it offers little in terms of challenge, so much so that an important part of its mechanics is rendered completely obsolete. That's why I was hoping this would get a DS remake like IV that would also make thinking about what esper to give whom more important. But alas :(

maybee
02-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I know that grinding early on in ff6 is a no-no, due to being able to get more stat boosts later with the Espers equipped.

For real ?

Holy trout, did not know this.

I must replay Final Fantasy VI again and try this, does it count for the PlayStation version as well ??

The game is so ridiculously easy I never found it necessary to stop and grind, let alone min-max stats. Seriously, I never paid attention to what vespers increased what stats and still breezed through it. Don't get me wrong, VI is one of two games tied for the number 1 spot on my favorite FF list, but it offers little in terms of challenge, so much so that an important part of its mechanics is rendered completely obsolete.

Says you, White Wizard ;A;

I was stuck on that stupid, floating island for months.

And no problem with a hardmode fan version of Final Fantasy IV, during this time too.

Ayen
02-26-2014, 01:35 PM
I know that grinding early on in ff6 is a no-no

Good to know.

I always grind. Always...

Bubba
02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
if I remember correctly, I did grind quite a lot on my first playthrough. I had no idea about the stat bonuses. I don't really think the characters need to be over-levelled though.

The Man
02-26-2014, 02:49 PM
I must replay Final Fantasy VI again and try this, does it count for the PlayStation version as well ??It's true for all versions of Final Fantasy VI as far as I know.

blackmage_nuke
02-27-2014, 10:56 AM
i didnt have a autofire controller for the ps1 so no i didnt try it, and if I used an emulator with autofire capabilities it would be easier to just cheat