PDA

View Full Version : Riddle

Mercen-X
02-26-2014, 06:07 AM
This is a test run of a riddle I wrote. How fast it can be solved will go to show how good it is.

>> I tease and torment the conceited mind; facts and half-truths intertwined. I’ve dwelt through the ages since before man could write. What’s possible is infinite, but not what’s right. Inferences massing by the dozens, true and false are merely cousins. What am I?

If you are a riddle connoisseur, feel free to offer pointers.

If/When the riddle is solved, feel free to post a new riddle.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Sounds like the answer to the riddle is "a riddle". At least to me it sounds like you're describing a riddle.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
My initial reaction to the riddle is that the answer is pride. That feels off though.

Sharky has a good guess too with the answer being riddles, though.

Shorty
02-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Time comes to my head first, but I don't think that is the answer because of this: "What’s possible is infinite, but not what’s right."

blackmage_nuke
02-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Politicians?

Mercen-X
03-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Sharky was right. The answer I intended was, in fact, a "riddle". I was actually planning to use this as an opening riddle for a Riddler story I'm writing. I had to do a bit of research because I'm really not very good at writing riddles. Double meanings which are suppose to lend credence to other possible answers ended up being a big part of it.
Based on your responses the other possible answers could be "pride", "time", and "politicians"... lol

blackmage_nuke
03-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Every time I hear a riddle I cross off time, shadow, riddle and death as they tend to be the most common answers