PDA

View Full Version : WWE Network

AssassinDX
02-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Has anyone else subscribed to this? I personally think it's excellent for the cost ($9.99 a month), for that you get a ton of PPVs from the past, a RAW and Smackdown recap show (as they can't show the actual shows due to contractual obligations to Syfy etc), various other shows like 'top 10' countdowns featuring finishing moves, gimmicks and so on and they're showing every PPV live and on demand from WrestleMania 30 onwards, which in my opinion is the best part of the deal.

My only gripe is they don't have a lot of old television shows, but they seem to be adding them after they show them as part of their scheduled programming so in time I'm sure more will be added.

So yeah, your thoughts?

Del Murder
02-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I didn't even know this existed. Sounds like a great deal, especially if they add a lot of the old TV stuff.

Ayen
02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Can't get it since we don't have cable. I freaked out when I first saw the logo thinking that was the new WWE logo. Glad to see it's only for the network.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-28-2014, 04:13 AM
Considering the price of a single PPV this is an excellent deal. Aren't they like 40 to 60 bucks each for a 24 hour watching period?

Big D
03-03-2014, 03:52 AM
If they started sceening re-runs of WCW Nitro, then I'd consider it. Except that I'm in the wrong country and I don't really care for the idea of subscription TV.

AssassinDX
03-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Can't get it since we don't have cable. I freaked out when I first saw the logo thinking that was the new WWE logo. Glad to see it's only for the network.

I got it through the app on my PS3, and pay for it via PayPal. No cable needed champ. :)

Also there is a lack of old WCW and WWE TV shows as mentioned for sure, and although old Raw shows are gradually being added there isn't anything in the way of WCW TV shows just yet which is a shame.

Ayen
03-05-2014, 01:11 AM
I'd imagine Vince's ego wouldn't allow them to put much in the way of WCW programming on their network.

Might get some late night ECW stuff, though.

AssassinDX
03-06-2014, 07:02 PM
That's true, because for a few years, statistically at least, Nitro pooped all over Raw. That said there are a lot of WCW PPV's on there, so we'll see what happens. They can keep Thunder off there though!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-08-2014, 06:21 AM
If they started sceening re-runs of WCW Nitro, then I'd consider it.

They have that on free TV, it's called TNA Impact Wrestling.

Tigmafuzz
03-10-2014, 03:19 AM
Except TNA is pretty terrible.