PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Reborn

Carl the Llama
02-28-2014, 04:12 PM
So I read today that one of my all time favourite series is being rebooted in 2015!! Heroes Reborn will be directed by Tim Kring :D

How hyped are you guys for this series to return?

Heroes Reborn: Sci-fi TV series set to return in 2015 - News - TV & Radio - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/heroes-reborn-scifi-tv-show-set-to-return-in-2015-9148800.html)

Ayen
02-28-2014, 04:20 PM
If Hayden Panettiere is in it I'm there. Assuming I can even remember what time and day it comes on. I'm bad at that...

Shorty
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Wasn't interested in the first round, won't be interested in this one, either.

Lonely Paper Star
02-28-2014, 04:49 PM
I loved this show and stayed loyal even when the quality of the writing started to degrade. So I will definitely give Reborn a watch. :jess:

Slothy
02-28-2014, 04:54 PM
What's the opposite of hyped? Whatever it is I'm that.

Gotta be honest: Heroes had one good season. Everything after that was nothing but the writers and producers dropping the ball, followed swiftly by them dropping the ball even more when they tried to undo their previous screw ups. So I have very little faith that anything good will come from a miniseries no one asked for. I'm honestly pretty much convinced that the success of the first season was a fluke.

Crop
02-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Series 1 of Heroes was one of the greatest things I have ever seen on TV. Sadly, I have never ever seen a show take such a drastic downturn in quality in each season after.

Series 2-4 were utterly god awful, and when they finally cancelled the show I was so glad, I no longer even wanted to see them wrap it up. I think it was more painful because series 1 had been so damn good.

I am not interested in this one iota....yet I'll still watch it.

Del Murder
02-28-2014, 07:12 PM
As others have mentioned, it's hard to get excited for this when the latter 75% of the show was utter crap. I'd actually be more interested if this didn't involve any of the original cast.

Lonely Paper Star
02-28-2014, 07:22 PM
As others have mentioned, it's hard to get excited for this when the latter 75% of the show was utter crap. I'd actually be more interested if this didn't involve any of the original cast.

As far as I know, it'll have a new cast but with old cast cameos.

Ayen
02-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Wasn't that their original plan? To have a different cast of superheroes each season, but because the characters from Season One got popular they decided to keep them on despite their storyarcs wrapping up?

Del Murder
02-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes. The creators spoke at one of Miriel's classes once and she was impressed by their planned approach to vary the stories and characters each season. Of course, they totally caved to the pressures of success and didn't do any of it.

Shauna
02-28-2014, 09:22 PM
I wish that I could get excited, since I really did enjoy S1. But they butchered it so bad following that. How can I trust them again? :(

Lonely Paper Star
02-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Wasn't that their original plan? To have a different cast of superheroes each season, but because the characters from Season One got popular they decided to keep them on despite their storyarcs wrapping up?

I... I did not know that. XD I got into Heroes later than others, I think.

Ayen
02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Yes. The creators spoke at one of Miriel's classes once and she was impressed by their planned approach to vary the stories and characters each season. Of course, they totally caved to the pressures of success and didn't do any of it.

I wish they had stuck with their guns, then perhaps the later seasons would have at least been on par with the first. Now we'll never know and if they were to do it now it's always going to be tainted by the memory of the poorer seasons of the last series.

Jinx
02-28-2014, 10:15 PM
The first season was an excellent season of television. Which I guess it was led to its downfall: people grew really attached to the characters. And I don't think an anthology involving the same cast as different characters (i.e. AHS) would work for a show like this.

I'll probably give this a few episodes. I watched the whole of Heroes religiously, and I've always been really saddened by how things turned out for it.

Mercen-X
03-02-2014, 05:09 AM

I wish they had stuck with their guns, then perhaps the later seasons would have at least been on par with the first. Now we'll never know and if they were to do it now it's always going to be tainted by the memory of the poorer seasons of the last series.
I want to make a television series where the main cast is constantly changing, but the background characters are always the same group of people who manage to find themselves involved in everything that happens. There were a few characters I can remember from Buffy that, while being insignificant, managed to show up and be peripherally recognized throughout the series. I believe there were three who became some kind of significant (Jonathan, Warren and ???) before they inevitably died.

MJN SEIFER
03-02-2014, 03:55 PM
I remember really enjoying Heroes when it first came on, but I think I mannaged to watch two seasons before I lost track of it. Not because it went bad, but I just lost track for some reason.

I have heard that the longer it ran on many mistakes were made by the writers and it got progressively worst, but I can't make an opinion on it as I haven't seen enough seasons. There's a video about the flaws that it had on YouTube though, but obviously it's this one guy's view, but he makes sense.

Vyk
03-03-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm with everyone else and was completely turned off by season two, and couldn't bother to be interested in the slightest after that. It's interesting to learn the real reason why it crashed and burned. I had always believed it was due to the writer's strike, and presumed that new writers were brought in that couldn't hold a candle to the originals; or something along those lines. But man did I love the first season. Still a little gun-shy about them doing anything else. I guess I'll wait and see before completely casting it off. But I'm not gonna hold my breath

Jinx
03-03-2014, 02:33 PM
I honestly didn't think the premise of season 2 was bad. I love pandemic stories. But the WS hit and they had to tweak their original plan, which was a damn shame. Plus it felt way too much like season 1...GOTTA SAVE THE WORLD FROM SOME DISASTER.

I dunno if they had new writers or what; I always just assumed they sort of lost their confidence.

Aulayna
03-03-2014, 02:57 PM
I'll watch it.

Just like I'll watch the 24 mini-series.

One day maybe they will make a Firefly mini-series.

Mirage
03-03-2014, 03:09 PM
I don't think 24 ended terribly though. The main problem was that you ended up not wondering if there would be an insider and kidnapping, but who the insider and who the kidnapee would be.

Ayen
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I'll watch it.

Just like I'll watch the 24 mini-series.

Firefly is getting the comic book treatment.

LunarWeaver
03-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Like most people in this thread, I loved it at first and boy did that fandom get squashed fast. Not even Sith Lord Veronica Mars saved that mother. I'm having a hard time working up the momentum to be excited. Hopefully it pleasantly surprises me. If not I can bitch about it, and that's a hobby of mine anyway.

Vyk
03-03-2014, 08:49 PM

:heart:

But yeah. The comic books are a pretty good substitute. I have one of the volumes. It's easy to imagine their voices and picture their quirkiness in the scenes they present

WildRaubtier
03-04-2014, 05:50 AM
I liked season 4 :(

The story had some decent direction and it seemed like the show was recovering.

ffmegaman
03-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I rarely watch TV series, but Heroes was one of the few I watched all the way through.

This is great news.