PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself because that's what the thingy told me to do.

EtcherSketcher
03-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Hello there internet,

I've come across this site many's a time when googling random FF trivia, but haven't been an avid lurker thus far, I like what I've seen thou. :)

Was browsing twitter tonight and seen a tweet from the site linking to your artwork section, and as I'm an artist IRL and like FF, I thought sure I may as well sign up and partake some time.

I've been playing FF since VII. I got that when I was about 8 years old and allowed to buy my own games. (bundled it with spyro the dragon o/) Not such a fan of everything post X, but still dabble. I've played the original 6 + a few remastered oldies, as well as, everything post 7 bar online versions.

I'm also Irish, if anyone cares!

Anyway, hi!

Ayen
03-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Repped for Spyro the Dragon.

Welcome to the forum, EtcherSketcher. I'm ToriJ, nice to meet you. What's your favorite Final Fantasy if you have one?

EtcherSketcher
03-01-2014, 01:11 AM
That most devisive of questions :P

Well, because I played VII first, I'll always hold a soft spot for it, but I'd say IX and X are the ones I enjoy replaying the most these days. I didn't get IX at the start, and it took a few years before replaying it that I appreciated it a hell of a lot more, so dare I say it's probably my favorite, but if I had to pick up and play one I'd pick X, although I really wish Blitzball was a little harder :D

Crisis Core was fun too, but the fact you already know the ending, and its a pretty troutty one (not a bad story, just uncool on poor ol' Zack) at that, makes very unlikely to play it again.

Oh and pleased to make your acquaintance ^^

Ayen
03-01-2014, 01:13 AM
I like you.

Agent Proto
03-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Hello! I hope you decide to partake in some of the fan art contests we have each month! :D

EtcherSketcher
03-01-2014, 01:53 AM
Hello! I hope you decide to partake in some of the fan art contests we have each month! :D

Will do, I added links to all my external art happenings in my signature, but I'm not sure if it's visible to everyone else yet. I've been trying to master the dark arts of Graphics tablets and photoshop lately, so making a ton of Pokemon and FF sketches :D

Hey there, Sketchy! I'm the bitch around these parts. Nice to meet you! :D

FFIX and X are also my favorites. I've really wanted to replay X lately.

Also I like Irish.

As bitches go, you seem alright :D

starlet
03-01-2014, 03:38 AM
Are you....are you here to ARTINATE??

ARTINATION ALL AROUND.....ARTINATING THE COUNTRY SIDE....ARTINATING THE PEASANTS IN THEIR THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

.....well that happened.

EtcherSketcher
03-01-2014, 03:58 AM
Eh..

Freya
03-01-2014, 05:42 AM
Seeeee proto, post it midday and we get more reception!

Welcome to eyesonff. We do have a love for art and final fantasy as well! If you are an artist and have a deviant art we have a group there too. The fun stuff happens here though. Our community is still very alive and kicking. SE also loves us too. Like we just gave away signed Lightning Returns posters. And heck who knows we may have more giveaways. We do that. At least once a year really. If its not stuff we get from SE than its stuff our owner gives out for things like our chatroom competition. All you had to do was be in there a lot and you'd be put in the drawing! Or It's gifts we give out for writing or art events. We do stuff and things.

We're not just about those though. But it's a plus if you like talking, artinating or writing. We also try to post original content as well so if you like writing and writing ABOUT FF than we can help promote that!

We also have a varied member base. Mostly European and american but the Australians are definitely trying to start an uprising. Even going so far as stealing one of our staff UKers to live amongst them. Those devils.

So once again, welcome!

NeoCracker
03-01-2014, 06:01 AM
So, now that you are ehre, you should totally go vote in the Video Game Bad-Ass's tournament, even though we are only in the last two rounds!

...QUICK! I must think of something to say so that the shameless plug isn't obvious!

And I got nothing. Welcome! :monster:

Psychotic
03-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Hello, would you like to hold hands with me and skip through a field of daisies?

No new member thus far has ever answered yes to this question.

Bubba
03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Hello, would you like to hold hands with me and skip through a field of daisies?

I was never asked :(

Welcome EtcherSketcher!

There are a number of recovering Blitzball addicts here on the forum. We have weekly therapy session to deal with these issues. We are happy to welcome you to these meetings but you will need to answer the following question upon attendance.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Ayen
03-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Eh..

Haunter! Haunt!

EtcherSketcher
03-01-2014, 04:24 PM

Sure why not, what could go wrong..

That's something I'll probably never decide, drawing stuff for money would be sweet :D

Bubba
03-01-2014, 04:32 PM

That's something I'll probably never decide, drawing stuff for money would be sweet :D

I'm sorry, the correct answer is...

EtcherSketcher
03-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Tough career choice that.

Kalevala
03-01-2014, 09:43 PM

I was not asked this question and I demand to know why.

noxious.sunshine
03-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I totally saw you in chat last night, but was too lazy to say anything..

.. I thought people were toying with new names again as we are prone to do so I thought you were someone that's not new. ^_^; my bad.

Welcome and nice to meet you! Poast lots!