PDA

View Full Version : Right Arm

Bubba
03-01-2014, 11:11 AM
What the hell is the deal with this item?

I remember getting really excited when I picked one up at Battle Square. Finally, Barrett will be able to live a normal life! He can put down his gun arm, give Marlene a nice big hug... maybe he'll mellow a little?

What does the Right Arm do? Explosive damage to all opponents.

Now, I studied biology whilst at school. Mrs. Wall never once mentioned that the human right arm is unstable... and can be used to inflict mass damage on multiple enemies. Maybe they didn't want students chopping of their arms to test the theory, I don't know.

Poor Barrett... still unable to tie his shoelaces. Did anyone else think the same thing whilst playing?

Jiro
03-02-2014, 02:08 AM
I figured Barret wore combat wellies.

But you're right (pun intended); the right arm item is very strange, and likely a mistranslation. Of what, I haven't the foggiest though.

Mercen-X
03-02-2014, 06:02 AM
From a serious point of view, the Right Arm is likely actually the right arm of one of the various robots running around the world (which usually has guns or cannons in place of arms). Another item that is confusing is the 8-Inch Cannon. How can one throw a cannon? How does a cannon just explode? How useful could a cannon that is 8-Inches be in a battle?

Skyblade
03-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Well, pulling from series lore, the item in question is usually referred to as a "Bomb Arm". Quoting from the Bravely Default encyclopedia (I seriously love that encyclopedia):

Bomb Arm

The right arm of a bomb, a creature that went extinct back in the Age of Myths. It has been completely mummified and a cursed sigil placed upon it. It has the slight smell of gunpowder, but its effect is guaranteed.

Deals major fire damage to all enemies (or allies).

So it is the Right Arm of a Bomb, a fire based beast that explodes on its own already.

As for the Eight-Inch Cannon, it could be firing grapeshot or merely be a "hand-cannon", both of which would have a shorter barrel.

Bubba
03-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I knew I could count on you, Skyblade :D

It just always confused me. I guess Barrett is destined to wear his gun arm for the rest of eternity. The very least he could get some additional attachments for the arm when he doesn't need to shoot anyone. I suggest the following...

- Hand puppets
- A vacuum cleaner
- An egg whisk
- A tennis racket
- A toilet brush

Anybody else have any suggestions for Barrett?

VeloZer0
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
The 8-inch cannon could be interpreted as throwing an 8" diameter explosive ordinance.

Rantz
03-03-2014, 05:35 PM

It just always confused me. I guess Barrett is destined to wear his gun arm for the rest of eternity. The very least he could get some additional attachments for the arm when he doesn't need to shoot anyone. I suggest the following...

- Hand puppets
- A vacuum cleaner
- An egg whisk
- A tennis racket
- A toilet brush

My first thought was of sex toys. For himself and the ladies.

Bubba
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Well that is definitely an option. Though, I didn't want to sully an innocent thread about a classic computer game by mentioning sex toys.

Rantz, you should be ashamed of yourself.

But since you brought it up... :p Who would he use them on?

Big D
03-05-2014, 06:03 AM
The 8-inch cannon could be interpreted as throwing an 8" diameter explosive ordinance.That'd make sense to me - a twenty-centimetre, single-shot cannon of some kind, like those disposable RPG doodads. With most big guns, that kind of measurement almost always refers to barrel or shell diameter, rather than the length of the weapon.

Psychotic
03-05-2014, 07:26 AM
For the love of...!

The eight inch cannon is his penis, okay?

There. I said it.

Bubba
03-05-2014, 11:18 AM
The eight inch cannon is his penis, okay?

So what does that make Cid's 'Grow Lance'?

In your endo

Kalevala
03-05-2014, 01:56 PM
- Hand puppets
- A vacuum cleaner
- An egg whisk
- A tennis racket
- A toilet brush

My first thought was of sex toys. For himself and the ladies.

Bubba was listing sex toys.

Sephex
03-06-2014, 02:50 AM
No one has to worry about how Barret ties his shoes. He just fires the bullets near his footwear in a precise manner that allows the bullets to ricochet off the ground into his laces. Friction and physics take care of the rest. The downside is that Barret wastes a clip or two doing this.

Bubba
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM
The downside is that Barret wastes a clip or two doing this.

We all know Barret has unlimited ammunition. The amount of times he's firing around the fucking place in frustration.

Once the world is saved, I like to think he would do some more good for the environment by getting an attachable one of these...

Moogle Chrome
03-07-2014, 04:34 AM

- Hand puppets
- A vacuum cleaner
- An egg whisk
- A tennis racket
- A toilet brush

A KitchenAid arm of sorts, you say? How about a pasta roller?

Mercen-X
03-07-2014, 05:44 AM
-Plunger
-Mask (on a steek)
-Feather duster
-Giant fan (or small motor fan)
-Umbrella
-Squeegee
-Rolling pin
-Bell
-Flashlight

Jiro
03-09-2014, 02:03 PM
No one has to worry about how Barret ties his shoes. He just fires the bullets near his footwear in a precise manner that allows the bullets to ricochet off the ground into his laces. Friction and physics take care of the rest. The downside is that Barret wastes a clip or two doing this.

omg