PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Harry Potter Chocs/Novelty Chocolate

Night Fury
03-02-2014, 02:00 AM
I was having a look through the Shauna's Harry Potter photo album, and was reminded of these wonderful chocolate dragon eggs you once used to be able to buy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hWrarAUkv2s/UVMbCPXa4CI/AAAAAAAAJIU/ANgi5b-tSmU/s1600/eggdragon.jpg

You could get one for lots of the different dragons featured in the books, and I remember they had some kind of light truffle filling with a jelly dragon in the centre. They were yummy and I wish you could still get them!

I remember you used to be able to get a few different Harry Potter things. I remember one year for Christmas or Easter, I got a HP chocolate set and it had these tiny little candy dots, I think they were called 'Warts' and anyway, they were very tasty but my Sister got a hold of them and in an effort to make friends knicked them and gave them to the kids on our street. Ho ho hoooooo did I enjoy when my parents told her off for that one! You could definitely get the Every Flavour Beans, and I can't quite remember but I think you could also get Chocolate Frogs too!

My favourites were definitely those dragon eggs though. I really wish they still made them, they were so yummy!

On a slightly related note, I also remember being fond of the Cadbury Star Wars Bars they brought out for Episode I. They were like thin Wispa's in the shape of various characters.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CADBURYS-STARWARS-EPISODE-1-PHANTOM-MENACE-CHOCOLATE-BAR-/00/s/MTA2M1gxNjAw/z/gMoAAMXQaA1R5E0p/$T2eC16dHJIQFHHSikR2NBR5E0pFM0w%7E%7E60_35.JPG

Also, does anyone else remember the purple wonka bars? And does anyone remember the Cadbury Yowies? They were fantastic! I'm also so certain that you could at one point buy Pongo and Perdy from 101 Dalmations as a beautiful foil wrapped chocolate! Ringing any bells for anyone?

Shauna
03-04-2014, 02:15 PM
There were so many Harry Potter-themed sweets at the Studio Tour. Chocolate Frogs, Sugar Quills, Acid Pops (probably not gonna burn a hole through your tongue though), Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans...

All too expensive for me to consider buying. ._.

maybee
03-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans...

ugh, yes. Miss these so much ! Unfortunately they stopped selling them over here, not long after the final movie came out. ;c

We didn't get the dragon eggs though, that would of been awesome.

Psychotic
03-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Chocolate Frogs are fucking amazing although expensive as hell. I always get Salazar Slytherin as my card... I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something :shobon:

maybee
03-09-2014, 04:36 PM
I always get Salazar Slytherin as my card... I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something :shobon:

Your in Slytherin house ???

Shorty
03-09-2014, 05:53 PM
I've never had Harry Potter candy before.