PDA

View Full Version : Eyes On Sings The Hymn of the Fayth

Scotty_ffgamer
03-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Citizens of Eizon, I come to you with grave news. For thirteen years, we have lived without the fear of Sin thanks to the Calm which Lord Braska and his faithful Guardians brought about. Unfortunately, it seems that Calm has finally come to an end. Reports indicate that Sin has been sighted out East for the past few months, and we shall surely see Sin on our own shores soon.

While this is truly terrible and saddening news, hope still exists. News has surfaced all the way from the the peaceful village of Besaid that Lord Braska's own daughter, Lady Yuna, shall begin her own pilgrimage in just 16 days! She has a long journey ahead of her, but if anyone can bring about a new Calm, it would be her.

So, citizens of Eizon, I am asking you all to come together with me to show our faith and support of Lady Yuna by singing The Hymn of the Fayth. No matter how bad you may think you are at singing, I am still asking you to join in!

------------

Okay, so I just thought this would be a fun thing to do in anticipation for the HD Remaster of X/X-2 this month. If anyone would be interested, I'm just asking people to record themselves singing The Hymn of the Fayth and then I'll try to compile all of the audio into one beautiful abomination. I honestly don't know anything about audio editing really, but I think it will still be fun.

To make this a little easier, I'm asking everyone to use this version of the Hymn to base your singing around:

bJrzCEP9o-4

Vocaroo (http://vocaroo.com/) is a site that you can use to record yourself, or you can just upload an audio file of you singing directly to the site. You don't have to use Vocaroo, but wherever you upload your singing make sure it's to a place that I can download the audio from. Once you've done this, just send the link to me in a PM. Everyone who sends me audio will be included in the final version of the Hymn! You have until March 18, the release date of the game, to send it to me! I don't care how bad you are at singing, feel free to join in the fun!

For any who needs them, here are the lyrics to the Hymn:

Leyui
Nobomeno
Renmiri
Yojuyogo
Hasatekanae
Kutamae

Night Fury
03-03-2014, 04:21 AM
I would love to do this but I think it's too nerdy even for me hahaha

Scotty_ffgamer
03-03-2014, 04:22 AM
:colbert:

Big D
03-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Neat idea! I'll give it a go and upload something before the deadline.

Fynn
03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
What a neat idea! Count me in :)

Slothy
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM

No such thing.

Aulayna
03-03-2014, 01:01 PM

And you call yourself an Editor of a Final Fantasy fansite. :colbert:

Mirage
03-03-2014, 03:25 PM
I would love to do this, but any microphone that costs less than 1500 dollars would be too poor to capture the entire magnificence of my voice.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-03-2014, 03:42 PM
It will be mixed in with people who are just singing on the mic preinstalled on their laptops and other such poor recording devices, so quality shouldn't matter too much, haha.

Mirage
03-03-2014, 03:47 PM
My voice always matters a lot. It is kind of a big deal...

Scotty_ffgamer
03-03-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't doubt that. Well, if you change your mind you know where to send your voice too :D.

I've already gotten one clip sent in! It could be fun (or more of a disaster) if people would like to try to harmonize in your singing too. I welcome that to anyone that would like to attempt it.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I've gotten a couple of entries in so far, and I know of at least one more person who is sending something in to me. I hope to get a lot more!

Big D
03-17-2014, 04:52 AM
Uploaded and PM'd! I'm looking forward to the finished product :tonberry:

Scotty_ffgamer
03-17-2014, 05:21 AM
That puts me at 3 so far. I am wanting to try to put this together in 2 days on the 18th for the release of X-2, and I hope that a bunch more people will decide to lend me their voice for this project!

Skyblade
03-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Wow. I had searched everywhere for the lyrics for this thing. Never found them. I might have to give you a rendition just for that.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Here it is, EoFF's own Hymn of the Fayth.

Vocaroo | Voice message (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MqDUgiqE6f)

I may try to sit down in the future to do more editing so I can at least fix the timing more. I will say I was going to try to do something more fancy initially, but I didn't get enough responses for what I was originally planning. Which is okay, I don't really have time right now to do the super fancy stuff anyways.

Big D
03-23-2014, 01:53 AM
:D We sound a bit like the scene where all of Spira sings the Hymn together, slightly odd harmonies and timing and all.

Are you using Audacity for editing? It's a bit of free audio software that I find quite intuitive and user-friendly, it'd be ideal for tweaking the pitch and timing on the various tracks.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I'm using Audacity. I honestly just didn't have enough time to mess with tweaking the pitch and such. I did actually fix the timing somewhat and then screwed it up again. If I have time again in the future, I may try to sit down and do more tweaking.

Fynn
03-23-2014, 06:44 AM
I'm kinda scared to play it :D