PDA

View Full Version : X-2 Play Style

Pumpkin
03-03-2014, 05:53 PM
When you play X-2, what is your play style when it comes to dresspheres? Do you have every character use every dressphere? Do you have every character use every dressphere, but only certain abilities for each character? Do you assign certain dresspheres to certain characters?

Sharky and I have begun to play this game together and we have very different play styles, so the results are somewhat amusing. I assign different dresspheres to each character, whereas he assigns them to everyone. We agreed to compromise and give the dresspheres to certain characters, and because of that, he helped choose a lot of what went to who. Sadly we didn't plan ahead and Rikku and Yuna have 3 dresspheres, and Paine only has one. I usually make Paine a white Mage, but we gave that to Yuna this time :P.

On the other hand, I stick with a job until it learns an ability and then switch it out. So if I end up with a White Mage, a Songstress, and a Thief in a boss fight, it's going to be a long boss fight. But I compromised with sharky so that he can switch during battle between their assigned dresspheres to fit the situation.

Jinx
03-03-2014, 06:07 PM
I usually have each character learn different dresspheres until they've ended up learning them all. I don't like having multiples!

Until I get Dark Knight and Alchemist then fuck the rest. :p

Ayen
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Never got far enough into the game to mess with the dressspheres all that much. I just kept them in their default clothes.

Jinx
03-03-2014, 06:24 PM
So what, you played like, 30 seconds of the game? xD omg

Ayen
03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
So what, you played like, 30 seconds of the game? xD omg

I got to the part where you're looking for uniforms to infiltrate New Yevon.

Jinx
03-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh man! You had plenty of time for dresspheres, you goon!

Pumpkin
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah, that's like the best part of the game.

Ayen
03-03-2014, 07:23 PM
I am the epitome of lame! Think the only dressspheres I used apart from the default ones were Singer and Black Mage.

Karifean
03-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I assign each girl one Garment Grid and have her level up all the dresspheres on that GG simultaneously. Works pretty well.

Although it's pretty irrelevant as soon as you get your hands on Psychic...

Jessweeee♪
03-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Everyone learns lady luck for extra exp's and otherwise I just sort of divide them up in ways that compliment each other.