PDA

View Full Version : A New World Midwest Mini-Tour (May 16-18, 2014)

Moogle Chrome
03-06-2014, 01:49 AM
A New World: intimate music from FINAL FANTASY (http://www.ffnewworld.com)

Chicago May 16-17
Omaha May 18

"Music from Final Fantasy on a personal and intimate scale yet to be experienced."

Arnie Roth, Nobuo Uematsu, pianist Benjyamin Nuss and The New World Players.

I live in Omaha, so I am elated. What say you, forumers? Last year's Distant Worlds show was one of the most-moving concert experiences I've ever had, so I am very pumped.

:kakapo::kakapo::kakapo:

Moogle Chrome
03-10-2014, 08:50 PM
THIS is what it's all about, people:

0hMkFYVsqQA

Shorty
03-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Is this essentially Distant Worlds?

Moogle Chrome
03-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Not at all, though I wish! It is much more stripped-down and "intimate" affair. No thundering orchestra or giant video screens here.

Though I guess it is essentially the same thing in terms of Roth conducting the tunes of Uematsu.

Here's the setlist from the show in the video above:

One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII
Eruyt Village - Final Fantasy XII
Fight With Seymour - Final Fantasy X
A New World - Final Fantasy V
Red Wings - Final Fantasy IV
Elia, Maiden of Water - Final Fantasy III - I am unsure on this one (FFIII is not my forte)
Fragments of Memories - Final Fantasy VIII
Town - Final Fantasy I
Chocobo Medley - Final Fantasy III's Chocobo! and Final Fantasy IX's Ukulele de Chocobo

~

Those Who Fight - Final Fantasy VII
Dark World - Final Fantasy VI ~ Featuring Nobuo Uematu & Arnie Roth
Moogle Medley - Moogle's Theme/Mog's Theme from Final Fantasy V/VI and Good King Moogle Mog XII from Final Fantasy XIV
Troian Beauty - Final Fantasy IV
The Decisive Battle - Final Fantasy VI
Gustaberg - Final Fantasy XI
The Promise / Blinded By Light - Final Fantasy XIII ~ Featuring Arnie Roth
Rebel Army Theme - Final Fantasy II
Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X
Encore
Force Your Way - Final Fantasy VIII

Sephex
03-11-2014, 08:32 AM
I could totally go to the Chicago one, but I don't like the fact that you have to go to ACEN to see the show. I have nothing against anime (in fact, there are plenty of shows I dig), but I'd much rather straight up go to a concert like I did back in 2005 when I saw the Dear Friends tour kicked off in Chicago (and I believe it was literally the second ever US based FF concert).

Moogle Chrome
03-11-2014, 04:28 PM
I hear you there.

The tickets are $53 right now for CHI. If that gets you into the convention AND the show, then I'd say it's worth it because the Omaha shows are $55 a ticket. However, it could be a totally different set-up/experience than a "normal" concert.

Shorty
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
I would totally go to a convention to see a show! I'm not a big anime geek but I think it would be a fun experience.

Sephex
03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I would totally go to a convention to see a show! I'm not a big anime geek but I think it would be a fun experience.

My other problem is the money and time. When I saw Dear Friends, it was a decent amount of money, but nothing unreasonable. With this option, it's much more expensive and if you want to get in the show, you probably have to wait in line for hours because of limited room, so you can't really experience the convention anyway.