PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Cheating your way to the top spot...

Carl the Llama
03-06-2014, 08:44 PM
So I work hard to get to the top spot of every monster on the facebook leader board, only to discover someone has cheated their way to the number 1 spot of Aeronite:

http://i.imgur.com/TFRBpjo.png

As you can see here he has the Ultima Weapon and Ultima Shield equiped, weapons that can only be used/obtained in the final dungeon, posted this about this on the LR facebook page but I doubt anything will be done about it... very disappointing to see some lame cheater get the top spot.

Psychotic
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Harness the power of social media and tweet that shit at them.

Sephiroth
03-07-2014, 08:42 AM
That is nothing. People hack whole trophy lists and download them to cheat their way through the list and on top of the rankings/get the trophies for nothing even though they were not that good.

Noctis Caelum
03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Always happens for "leaderboard" games. I bet you he beat Aeronite in 5 seconds too. Because CHEATS.

Skyblade
03-08-2014, 01:12 AM
I thought that Lightning Returns features New Game+. Couldn't the Ultima Weapon be transferred?

I might also be totally wrong, I'm just honestly curious.

Noctis Caelum
03-08-2014, 02:33 AM
No, the Ultima weapons get lost even in NG+. The Ultimatus garb does transfer into NG+, however.

DMKA
03-08-2014, 02:49 AM
I thought that Lightning Returns features New Game+.
Correct, it does.

Couldn't the Ultima Weapon be transferred?
Nope. You get the Ultima Weapon and Ultima Shield if you complete certain tasks in the final dungeon, and there is no way to leave the final dungeon once you're there. The game takes these items from you after you beat the final boss, and does not allow you to carry these items over to NG+ or obtain them anywhere else in the game.

H4X is the only way you could possibly be fighting Aeronite with the Ultima Weapon.

Hollycat
03-08-2014, 02:53 AM
Always happens for "leaderboard" games.
All of them. It's irritating and trivializes the work of those who actually are on top.

There's a guy on the Terraria leaderboard who has beaten Ocram 999999999 times. The game literally has not been out long enough for that to be possible.

Psychotic
03-08-2014, 10:01 AM
You'd think given how prevalent cheating on Leaderboards has become that developers would work on making them more foolproof. Given that it clearly records the weapons used, they should do a title update which adds a line of code that says if Ultima Weapon is used, text screaming YOU ARE A BIG CHEATER is displayed and then all their saved game data is deleted for good measure :D

I Took the Red Pill
03-08-2014, 10:09 AM
There's a guy on the Terraria leaderboard who has beaten Ocram 999999999 times. The game literally has not been out long enough for that to be possible.Not only that, but if he had achieved this victory once every second, it would have taken him over 31 years to accomplish it. This would date back to two years before Windows was even created. :-P

Noctis Caelum
03-08-2014, 03:15 PM
You'd think given how prevalent cheating on Leaderboards has become that developers would work on making them more foolproof. Given that it clearly records the weapons used, they should do a title update which adds a line of code that says if Ultima Weapon is used, text screaming YOU ARE A BIG CHEATER is displayed and then all their saved game data is deleted for good measure :D
That would be harsh, but fair hah. Or maybe they could implement some sort of system where your points go down according to what weapons you're using. So if you're using uber weapons like the Ultima (and obviously cheating), then you automatically get a score of 1. That would have been a smart course of action. Guess Square has no fucks to give though.

Carl the Llama
03-08-2014, 10:27 PM
I don't think its a case of whether or not they give a fuck, more that they just didn't really think about it, which is probably just the opposite end of the stick but hey >.<

On a side note I did try and email they on friday and have yet to hear back from them, not that I expect them to do anything about it but at least I tried x.x

Noctis Caelum
03-09-2014, 10:19 PM
They certainly thought about it when you use too much Overclock or items. They all deteriorate your score significantly. But weapons seem to be fair game. I personally think a score should be maximized if you're using a weapon that has the lowest stats. Even if it takes you a little longer to kill the boss. More talent involved. Gives you a reason to actually use 'em. But that's my opinion.

Carl the Llama
03-10-2014, 02:19 AM
They certainly thought about it when you use too much Overclock or items. They all deteriorate your score significantly. But weapons seem to be fair game. I personally think a score should be maximized if you're using a weapon that has the lowest stats. Even if it takes you a little longer to kill the boss. More talent involved. Gives you a reason to actually use 'em. But that's my opinion.

I thought the same at first, when fighting Zaltys I could always one hit him with Flood so I changed my weapon the weakest possible weapon and 1 hit him again and still got the same score (50 points shy of the top score) no matter what I tried I could never seem to get the last 50 points, my time was always 1 second and regardless of equipment I always was 50 points shy of number 1 spot.

I did however get the top spot for Noel, Snow, Caius, that second to last one... Grendel I think and the top spot for Bhunivelza+

Btw they had the gall to send me a survey asking how satisfied I was with the service they provided x.x so I let them have it.

Eagle299
03-28-2014, 01:51 AM
I thought that Lightning Returns features New Game+.
Correct, it does.

Couldn't the Ultima Weapon be transferred?
Nope. You get the Ultima Weapon and Ultima Shield if you complete certain tasks in the final dungeon, and there is no way to leave the final dungeon once you're there. The game takes these items from you after you beat the final boss, and does not allow you to carry these items over to NG+ or obtain them anywhere else in the game.

H4X is the only way you could possibly be fighting Aeronite with the Ultima Weapon.

Well that makes those weapons pretty much useless. I absolutely hate games where you can't get the best weapons until they're almost useless.

krissy
05-04-2014, 01:34 AM
its more of a metaphor about rebirth, that weapon
its relevant to the story that you DON'T have it until that point

it gets broken in the first five mins of the game
you only get it fixed at the end after finding out certain things about who broke it

it's a story piece, not a stats piece
plenty of strong weapons you get to keep to ng+

Loony BoB
07-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Everyone's done it on EASY mode too, that's the worst part of it all. People who win on hard should clearly get more points.

krissy
07-25-2014, 02:52 AM
I did everything on normal :(