PDA

View Full Version : Kleptomaniacs.

o0170o
03-07-2014, 01:25 AM
I've chosen Locke as a main party member, And by doing such I've made it my mission to fully understand the Thief. I've done some hunting and found very useful strategies and combos to maximize Locke's thievery.
Some pretty good math and in depth stratagem here for maximum Steal,Capture/Mug and comparisons of the early Genji-Brigand-Thief's Bracer Combos. Thought I'd share with other robbery obsessed thieves out there:
final fantasy 6 - What's the most effective way to steal inside one turn? - Arqade (http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/92576/whats-the-most-effective-way-to-steal-inside-one-turn).

Maybe someone will find this helpful!
Thanks.

Psychotic
03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I'll be honest, I didn't use Locke a great deal for stealing. I liked him a lot as a character and he often found his way into my party because of that, but I much preferred hitting things to stealing from them :D

o0170o
03-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I'll be honest, I didn't use Locke a great deal for stealing. I liked him a lot as a character and he often found his way into my party because of that, but I much preferred hitting things to stealing from them :D

Without a doubt, But sometimes the odds of you killing an enemy before a juicy rare steal are high. And rare steals are mega rewarding for a completionist thief like myself. :lol:

Kalevala
03-09-2014, 07:14 PM
I, like Psy, used Locke as more of a mindlessly-hitting-things warrior type. I'd usually only steal an item when it was something I really needed.

I've been thinking of starting another play-through, though. This may come in handy, thanks!

Flying Mullet
03-10-2014, 01:33 PM
It's always nice to know the mechanics that go in behind the game. I'm a stealing junkie so this link is golden.

And you can actually steal some decent stuff throughout the game with Locke. Here's a page that shows where you can steal decent stuff at various points throughout the game: Figaro Castle - Final Fantasy VI: Enemy Equpiment Guide (http://figarocastle.homemade-websites.com/ff6/stealingguide.php)

Spooniest
03-20-2014, 05:24 PM
If you don't feel like looking it up, I happen to know that the success of the Steal command is based primarily on Locke's current level. So if you want a better shot at a successful steal, level that homeboy up. The bracer helps out a little bit, but mostly it's just Locke's level.

As far as getting the rare steal from a monster, you're on your own. That's totally random.

Jiro
03-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Stealing is great. Makes it a hell of a lot easier when you can stock up on free potions and whatnot, not to mention the super handy and rare steals.