PDA

View Full Version : ONE Thing that I would have made different in any Final Fantasy

Sephiroth
03-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Which one would it have been? As said, please one idea per game.

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII:

Crisis Core better defined with the main chapter of the Nibelheim Incident. Zack fighting the Dragon and losing in a boss battle, then Sephiroth appearing in CGI graphic and destroying it. The cellar scene NOT just as DMW scene as it is the heart of when Sephiroth becomes evil.

Final Fantasy X Saga:

No Seymour Omnis, Seymour appears after the Aeons and absorbs and controls Yevon=Ju and becomes even more the core of [Sin] and stronger than [Sin] ever was so that he becomes the "savior" and he would be [Sin] not only in a simple form, but the real core of [Sin], even controlling the power that summoned him, and then with "Battle with Seymour" as a spectacular Final Boss theme that I would have called "End of the Cycle", Seymour and thus [Sin] would be wiped out forever.

085 - Seymour Battle / Fight With Seymour ????????? [Final Fantasy X HD Remaster OST] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjDvosAj6ow)

http://www7.pic-upload.de/06.03.14/kiyhz1iafrma.jpg

Salvator Seymour
HP: 500 for each activated Sphere Node

Overdrive: Requiem Mundi (Game Over, Spira is extinguished), increases after a certain number of turns, not with actions.

Attacks:

W-Ultima
W-Flare
W-Firaga
W-Blizzaga
W-Thundaga
W-Waterga
Scythe of Death (physical attack on all)
Mighty Guard
All Dispel
Tera-Graviton (HP = 1, blind, mute, curse at all)
Last Rites (takes the Overdrive-energy of a character off completely and charges the own by 25% of the emptied one)

Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII Saga:

No plotholes like impossible time paradoxes and confusion of when is talked about the soul and actual existence of a person and not confuse it once by telling the one thing and then the complete opposite or using terms like "allmighty" when the guy isn't. Kefka did that already in the MagiTek Factory and he was just an insane jerk who also got beaten up by a sasquatch for thinking so. And the other 30 characters but this way it sounds better.

The others are leaving out plotholes. I could say that for everything but I wanted to point out some concrete thoughts for the other three so I mentioned them.

Jinx
03-07-2014, 10:18 PM
I actually really like the idea of Seymour absorbing Yu-Yevon and becoming the final boss. When you fight him inside of Sin, it just seems randomly thrown in...and Yu-Yevon is kind of a bleh boss. I'm going to see your Seymour idea and raise you a "No Auto-Auto-Life in the final battle".

I really wish there'd been some mention of Necro in FFIX before the very end. That's really my only major gripe about the game.

Sephiroth
03-07-2014, 10:22 PM
I really wish there'd been some mention of Necro in FFIX before the very end. That's really my only major gripe about the game.

He was mentioned but really very subtle. That is true. He is very random. I think he is okay this way but I could have lived without him and fought Super-Saiyajin 4 Kuja in a second battle instead, maybe even standing for the power Necron represented as Kuja was the Angel of Death anyway. So not that dramatic in the first battle as it looks but writing that in the second battle when he goes all out waah SSJ4 Genkidama Trance Kuja power, share your energy with me and is all "you're going to the place beyond with me!".

Jinx
03-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I would've been happy with more mention of Necro or just having Kuja be the final boss.

Karifean
03-07-2014, 11:03 PM
I would've made the Ragnarok in FF VIII be less of a Deus Ex Machina.

Mercen-X
03-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Zack fighting the Dragon and losing in a boss battle, then Sephiroth appearing in CGI graphic and destroying it.
Aw, Sephiroth, I see your memory is as selective as Cloud's. Cloud's memory of the battle with the dragon can hardly be considered unbiased much less accurate. Cloud knows that Cloud is no where near to being a match for Sephiroth. But while Cloud has merged his history with Zack, his memory of Zack and his superior SOLDIER 1st Class ability is sadly lacking. Point in fact. Just because Cloud was so easily wiped out by that dragon, doesn't mean that Zack would have been in the same fight. Besides, Cloud being easily killed in that battle is just Cloud's way of exaggerating the gap between himself and Sephiroth to his comrades. Despite trying to be an amalgam of himself and Zack, his insecurities poke through very uncomfortably.

But I do agree, the battle with the Dragon should have been in the game.

Maybe Kuja standing for the power Necron represented as Kuja was the Angel of Death anyway.

Square Enix should retcon Necron as being Kuja transformed to his ultimate state.

Sephiroth
03-08-2014, 01:03 AM
That has nothing to do with selective memories, I know the intended context and when something was unequivocally meant to be, or as Tetsuya Nomura said "the answers lie within the game", it was a nice try though. While having gaps in the confrontation within the reactor as those are in his subconsciousness with the rest of the truth he did not need, Cloud's confabulation was never explained to be absolutely inaccurate when it comes to of which elements it consists in total detail, so the half-truth is without any big problems about Zack and Sephiroth fighting a dragon while Cloud is all sick in the back of the truck and no matter how strong Zack was compared to Cloud, he still was nothing against Sephiroth - which is a fact and no mere sentence from a Sephiroth fan, it has been shown multiple times. And Cloud was all "I'm an Ex SOLDIER" so he did very well think about his boss-like skills as SOLDIERs are incomparable and only a few are promoted to rank 1. Still he had a healthy respect for Sephiroth as he is just a different dimension of power that needs to be thought about.
You are talking about Cloud's expression of how weak he was compared to Sephiroth but that Zack might not have trouble with a dragon. Now imagine how powerful the dragon could have actually been. It was shown as pretty impossible to defeat by normal powers, just like the Midgardsormr (let's not go to the point where we all have still beaten it). Sephiroth's stats were not even relevant as he just took 0 damage to show how powerful he actually is, Zack's absolute glory was shown in his very own last battle and still the dragon topic is completely without meaning because it is a DBZ powerlevel case were no one knows how strong it actually is but very strong and Sephiroth couldn't care less. Is a dragon, a supernatural fairytale being stronger than an army? Normally yes but let's not go that far. Would Sephiroth have beaten that army? Yes, in fact Zack almost did. And still claiming he would also be the same kind of badass as Sephiroth who was all "I don't care that you are a dragon" (yes, he fought the Bahamuts, as said, the point is still that the super dragon was shown to have incredible powers) and it can be very well said that Zack has more trouble fighting such a thing than Sephiroth. Not LV1 like in general as I explain below, but still.
Just because Cloud, who first loses (or Zack), can later fight a few HP dragon in the game when he and his friends arrive in Nibelheim and wins, that does not mean the dragon was that weak when fighting Sephiroth who is all "you are too slow, train defeating enemies with one slash" when lecturing Zack. And it is simply not exaggerated, stats do not matter, yes. Still what they stand for, does matter. And Zack or Cloud where both no match for Sephiroth. Even with his superb training Zack was surpassed by Cloud because Cloud was chosen to get his "super powers" whenever Sephiroth shows his weakness of arrogance and threatens Cloud's precious like his mother, Tifa, Aerith and his friends. He was always said to be greater than in any stories and that is exactly how he was shown in the present as well. Something superhuman, with his will and abilities even greater than powers like that of Cloud, Zack, Aerith, Genesis or Angeal who really have nothing to be ashamed of. So to sum it up, Sephiroth will always be what he was supposed to be when he was written and no matter if Zack or Cloud fought a green dragon, the powers of Sephiroth were by far greater and it very well could have been the case for Zack to meet monsters that were problematic for him, even if not the "LV1 Zack" way. That is not meant. LV1 compared to Sephiroth still is not even exaggerated as the only "decent" fight he put up against Sephiroth was in Last Order. In Crisis Core Sephiroth was even less impressed. Actually he was never really "impressed", he even was totally in his avenger rush just thinking about how he wanted to find the Promised Land. So Zack, who was shown in DMW scenes fighting monsters that Sephiroth wiped the floor with could easily be compared to Zack fighting a dragon and having problems while he guards himself to not get burnt from the Flamethrower breath, Sephiroth leaves the truck and the party begins. He gets attacked, he is not impressed. He attacks after a teleport, teleports away from another attack, casts a Thundaga and the road is free. And it ends.

I will not make another discussion out of a thread that was not meant for it.

Hollycat
03-08-2014, 02:44 AM
I think you fail to realise that The fight with the dragon never happened. Zack and Sephiroth may have fought a dragon yes, but Cloud didn't see it. And by this point, Zack has already proven that he's stronger than Angeal who was almost as strong as Sephiroth. That doesn't garuntee that Zack is stronger than Sephiroth, but it doesn't mean he wasn't either.
The fight with the dragon in FF7 is entirely to establish that compared to Cloud, Sephiroth ( or at least the way Cloud perceived Sephiroth) is a monster.

Lets not let this turn into a Zack vs Cloud arguement though.

Sephiroth
03-08-2014, 07:51 AM
I think you fail to realise that The fight with the dragon never happened.

No, you fail to realize how Cloud's memory works and that he confabulating by replacing the troublesome truth with something fitting for him to believe and into a logical system - with a few gaps as we all know, still he was fully convinced of it. Cloud did not see that, it is absolutely true, still that is not the point and if you would have read my post you would have known that it already includes the fact that Cloud did not fight a dragon but that it was never, in no situation, mentioned, that it was not one of the moments where Cloud was just a replacement for Zack again instead of just making up the whole scene. We saw the truck scene and we know Zack also respected Sephiroth. Cloud even spoke about scenes that we know of they did happen like the cellar scene but where he and Tifa where not present so "not seeing it" is no obstacle here for the story.

And none of the scenes in the flashback was ever shown to be completely re-invented. It was not shown. So the closest thing to say is what happened based on what information we have. We know Zack was powerful and Sephiroth even more, we know Cloud and Zack respected Sephiroth. We know both were aware of Sephiroth's power. We do not know how powerful that dragon was compared to Zack so it is not said that he was stronger and we do not know how much of it is made up. What we know is that most scenes did happen just with Zack instead of Cloud so there is no reason to believe otherwise as even the "logical things" that you think of like how strong Zack was are put aside in stories when it comes to not mentioning things like "how powerful the dragon was" and of course "Meta story reasons" like I call them where even things are ignored that would be contradictory for the main story - which is even present it many stories but let's forget that for now. There are things that definitely are shown and things that are open and never ever it was said they did not fight the dragon that blocked the road, with everything shown as clearly as possible (with his mixing things) and showing scenes that at least happened in their core suddenly being totally convinced that exactly this scene did not happen is not based on anything. As said, it is not unbelievable that Zack has trouble fighting whatever Sephiroth doesn't have trouble fighting with.
So as long as there is no statement that a dragon is clearly weaker than Zack or that this scene did not happen or that Cloud did not think of himself as exactly as powerful as Zack was or that Angeal was almost as strong as Sephiroth, it is just a claim. The scenes for themselves very well can be used as "it happened" because we at least knew that several things happened an Cloud just jumped in and rewrote it a bit for his own character as well as that he was aware of his "SOLDIER skills" - granted, he was not in SOLDIER but he didn't know.

And as of all flashlight read posts Sky's was the last needed one with, in every thread, all his ignoring ingame context or Maiden who Travels the Planet, Dismantled and all that disprove all fan comments without any doubt left, I did not want this thread to be a Cloud-Zack argument as it would not have been necessary.

Fynn
03-08-2014, 08:13 AM
I actually liked how Necron appeared. It didn't bother me that he came suddenly out of nowhere, 'cause that's just how death works.

EDIT: I'm so sorry that came out as gibberish, guys :D I was typing on my phone and forgot to change the keyboard language. Autocorrect did the rest.

Bubba
03-08-2014, 11:02 AM
I think Nanaki should have been purple so he looks more like Skeletor's furry panther.

Skyblade
03-09-2014, 05:22 AM
I don't see why you can't say that the fight with the Dragon was never witnessed. Cloud was there. We don't know what the other Shinra soldiers were doing at the time. They started in the vehicle, but so did Sephiroth and Zack. At the end of the fight, they're all disembarked and headed into town. Ergo, they could have exited at any point. They almost certainly took a look outside at the monster that blocked their route, and at the great hero fighting it.

Jinx
03-09-2014, 03:30 PM
oh my god guys, start a new fucking thread, seriously

black orb
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
>>> Cloud should have stayed in drag for the whole game..:luca: