PDA

View Full Version : 7 Disney Characters Who Could Be Final Fantasy Heroes.

Night Fury
03-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Square Enix loves Disney characters. Kingdom Hearts is such a popular game and is in fact one of their biggest series – behind Final Fantasy that is. So we’re already used to the crossover worlds of Disney and Final Fantasy. I had a thought recently, it was whilst I was in the middle of my daily Frozen ‘Let It Go’ sing-a-long (seriously, who doesn’t love belting that one out?) I realised that the beautiful Queen Elsa had all the makings of a Final Fantasy heroine, and that she’d feel right at home as a playable character in one of the games. So I started thinking about who else might fight into a Final Fantasy story, what class they would be, and what their Limit Break might be like…. After much deliberation, this ended up being my final list! Enjoy!

Mulan

She’s as swift as the coursing river, has the force of a great typhoon and the strength of a raging fire, and to top it all off she’s mysterious as the dark side of the moon. Mulan totally fits the bill for a classic Final Fantasy warrior heroine. Not only is she bold, strong willed and powerful, she has a cracking leading lady story that would make for a fantastic epic Final Fantasy adventure. I’d like to see the Ancestor Guardians utilised as part of the storyline too because that could make for an interesting Summoner type role.

Class: Warrior
Limit Break: Fury of the Dragon – Mulan unleashes her inner Dragon, bringing down a rain of furious flames and a tonne of energy to wipe out her opponent.

Pocahontas

I’m a huge Pocahontas fan. When I was a kid I fell out with my cousin on Christmas Day because she got the Pocahontas outfit and I didn’t. Up until then we would fight over who was Pocahontas when we would play. Our relationship hasn’t been the same since. Anyway, anecdote aside, I think Pocahontas would make a pretty fabulous addition to Final Fantasy. I actually think she might even fit right into Final Fantasy X as some tough, wise hippy who is like Al Bhed, and against the pilgrimage – but only because she knows better, and she can sense all of the beings in Spira. Or you know, she could be in a totally original Final Fantasy too. Pocahontas has all the qualities of a fantastic heroine. She is strong willed, she follows her own path, and carves a purpose in her life, and she taught us all to paint with all the colours of the wind, if that doesn’t sound even slightly Final Fantasy to you, I just don’t know what will.

Class: Geomancer/Beastmaster
Limit Break: Colours of the Wind – Pocahontas uses her spiritual energy to enchant the enemies into being on her side and attacking each other, instead of the party.

Aladdin

How could I not include Aladdin on this list? He’s such a loveable young man with dreams that are endless. He reminds me a lot of leading males like Tidus and Zidane. He’s looking for his Princess and his fortune, life has so far treated him terribly… He would just fit so well within a party of outcasts. He would absolutely be the party thief, with his sneaky hands and his eye for detail it seems only right. Plus, you know, he’s kind of a thief in the movie. Can you imagine playing with Aladdin in your party? I bet he’d have some cheeky one-liners and punchy commentary. In battle he’d be stealing from your enemies. His ultimate weapon being his Magical Lamp (although I don’t think the Genie in that one is as friendly as Robin Williams….)

Class: Thief
Limit Break: Cave of Wonders – Aladdin rubs his Magical Lamp to release the Genie who fights in his place.

Belle

I don’t think that Belle would be a particularly strong character in the game, she’d serve as the party’s wise, older character, who knows how to help everybody through the tough times of saving the world. As a Scholar, she would use her knowledge to bring down foes. She would most likely be the one who figured out the secret to bringing down the big bad. While she is definitely not the physically strongest character in the game, she would most certainly be strong of heart. I’m sure she would also find her ‘Beast’ in a Final Fantasy game too. Every Final Fantasy game needs that character who is a bit softer to break up the monotony of having beefheads all around. In Final Fantasy VIII we had Selphie, and Final Fantasy VII had the maternal Tifa. Belle would fall comfortably between those two characters.

Class: Scholar
Limit Break: Tale as Old as Time – Belle starts to fall into a trance and her enemies HP/MP are drawn and sucked out from them into one of her books, she then releases the collected energy onto the baddies. Boom boom!

Elsa

I wasn’t sure whether or not it felt right to class Elsa as a Black Mage, but I thought that perhaps in her particular adventure, Black Mages are only able to use one element. So she would be an Ice Mage, and there could be a Fire Mage etc etc. Of all the Disney characters in this list though, Elsa was the most blindingly obvious as NEEDING to get into a Final Fantasy game. She’s a beautifully misunderstood character with so much of her story unknown, she could be really fleshed out in a Final Fantasy world and I love that. She really does have the overall look – more so than any other character on this list. Her gown is stunning and is so Final Fantasy it almost hurts. I’d love her to start out in the position of Villain, but then to turn out to be a total hero and bring down the big bad. This big bad could be someone who is trying to have all the elements at their disposal – and become an all-powerful God. As is so often the way in Final Fantasy. But come on, look at her, she would fit right in, wouldn’t she?

Class: Black Mage/Ice Mage?
Limit Break: Marshmallow Avalanche – Elsa’s Snow Golem, Marshmallow appears and starts attacking the enemies while Elsa watches from afar.

Tarzan

Tarzan is certainly not your typical Dragoon. For goodness sake he wears a loincloth which means for a start he’s lacking the usual standard Dragoon armour. Tarzan is however very handy with a spear seeing as how he manages to take down the evil leopardess, Sabor. He’s also extremely agile and can jump very, very well. How he’d fit into Final Fantasy… Well, that I’m not so sure of. He’d certainly be a strange character and would most likely be discovered within a tribe on the far corners of the world map, and he’d join the merry band of heroes in order to discover the world that he has been hidden away from.

Class: Dragoon
Limit Break: Son of Man – Tarzan jumps high into the air and brings down thousands of spears and lances into his enemies from above, before coming back down and shattering his enemies with one last blow.

Esmeralda

I love Esmeralda and I think she’s so easily forgotten about when it comes to Disney ladies. She’s so suited to the role of party Dancer though, and no, I don’t mean that she is literally someone who dances at parties. Oh no, this Esmeralda has a pretty powerful array of tricks up her sleeves and wrapped up in her scarves. She could throw out status ailments like it is nobody’s business with her hypnotic hips and booty wiggles. Using her tambourine to bring on the pain, Esmeralda would be a pretty useful member of the party! I don’t think she’s cut out for a major role, but the game would feel lost without her charm and cheeky wit. I love her, and I’d love her to be in a Final Fantasy game.

Class: Dancer
Limit Break: Gypsy Curse – Esmeralda dances furiously bringing down a plague of status ailments to all enemies, and then all manner of helpful magical spells fall onto the party.

And there we have it! Those are my picks for a Final Fantasy/Disney crossover. Being a fan of both, this was such a difficult task. I still feel like I could have added in other characters, I could make this list a ’20 Disney Characters Who Could Be Final Fantasy Heroes’ list. I almost feel like this list is wrong too. Would Aladdin really fit into a Final Fantasy game? I think so, but part of me is thinking that Ariel should have been in there! It is really a good thing that we have Kingdom Hearts so we can get our Disney and Final Fantasy fix afterall!

Which Disney characters would you like to see in a Final Fantasy game and why? Or would you like to see a Final Fantasy character pop up in a Disney film? Let me know!

Jiro
03-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Obvious pick would be Merida as an Archer/Hunter. Flynn Rider would be a pretty great rogue type character too.

Sephiroth
03-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Kim Possible & Ron Stoppable Any Martial Artist Class Obi Wan & Anakin Samurai, Dark Knight Wreck it Ralph Fighter

maybee
03-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Princess Anna as a Sabin/ Tifa monk.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5wtxQx8g0Fg/UtoSJvlRBOI/AAAAAAAAEJo/FiZFTZ8OJjM/s1600/kuSTzxN.gif

Jinx
03-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I've never played FFVI, but Elsa reminds me of a very Terra-like character.

I really think Rapunzel would be great as a healer/white mage. Her Limit Break could be 'Sun Song' and it would completely restore HP/MP of the party. Of course, her story would stay the same (kidnapped, has no idea who she really is) and then later she'd ascend the throne of her kingdom.

Laddy
03-11-2014, 05:58 AM
I can see Robin Hood as a thief/ranger hybrid. Dr Facilier would be a cool Summoner-type villain as well.

Loony BoB
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Kronk as Kronk.

black orb
03-11-2014, 09:57 PM
>>> Looking it that way.. even Spongebob Squarepants could be a FF character..:luca:

Noctis Caelum
03-15-2014, 05:03 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ywefoDxl1r8prn6o1_500.gif

Psychotic
03-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Mary Poppins as a Dragoon. She'd use her flying umbrella to perform Jump.

Ayen
03-18-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm not familiar with anything Frozen related, but I love the rest of these choices so far.

maybee
03-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Mary Poppins as a Dragoon. She'd use her flying umbrella to perform Jump.

Ohmygosh hell yeah 8D

Bert can be a FF V dancer.

http://www.wordsforworms.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mary-poppins-gif.gif

Spooniest
03-20-2014, 05:22 AM
On the other side of the coin, I wonder when we'll see Disney adaptations of some of the Final Fantasy games? Hey, why not?

Black Magic Shopkeeper
04-02-2014, 07:36 AM
nah I think Tarzan would be a berserker like Gau.

Just sayin.

Vyk
04-03-2014, 05:48 PM
nah I think Tarzan would be a berserker like Gau.

Just sayin.
Immediately thought of Gau when I saw him in the list as well lol