PDA

View Full Version : Catching the Dumb

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
I literally just spent over ten minutes clicking around the forums trying to remember how to edit my profile.

When did you last catch the dumb? Was it a serious case?

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2014, 03:01 AM
I suffer from a permanent case of the dumb. It's ok most of the time.

starlet
03-11-2014, 05:04 AM
I have a permanent case of the dumb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNlaQmYzJMc):spin:

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2014, 09:15 AM
I almost never used to have the dumb, but I get it all the time now because I just don't care enough about things anymore to actually use my brain.

noxious.sunshine
03-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I mean... If you don't know me by now....

Sephex
03-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Made a mistake at work. I failed to notice a defect in a number of certain types of parts. The problem was solved quickly, but I felt really stupid for that.

One of the supervisors joked with me that I have issues. I told him that I have a whole ****ing subscription.

Old Manus
03-11-2014, 03:35 PM
I mean... If you don't know me by now....
...you will never, never, never know me.

Oooh.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-12-2014, 01:15 PM
You were there for Scategories Categories, PLEF. You know we have a case of the dumb.

03-12-2014, 11:16 PM
You were there for Scategories Categories, PLEF. You know we have a case of the dumb.

I'm pretty sure you both beat the crap out of me during Scategories. Fairly severely.

Ayen
03-20-2014, 04:30 AM
I was running around aimlessly on Batman Arkham Origins until I realized there was a compass right there at the top of the screen showing me where to go. Did the same thing on Skyrim.

Shiny
03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Dumb things I tend to do:

Pushing instead of pulling on a door
Pulling instead of pushing on a door
Putting the milk (lactaid) in the cabinet and the cereal in the fridge
Setting my alarm to AM instead of PM or PM instead of AM -- I actually did this yesterday and it tends to happen at least once every other month

Dumb things I did recently:
Putting a Beta tape in an HDCAM deck
Putting a tape in the correct deck and getting confused why it isn't capturing only to realize the power isn't on

LunarWeaver
03-20-2014, 05:18 PM
I still can't put a key in my front door or a USB in my computer correctly on the first try. Usually not the second either.

Spooniest
03-20-2014, 05:20 PM
I post on this very forum the dumbest shit imaginable.

If I don't say it, someone else will...PERMA-DUMB

Shorty
03-20-2014, 05:24 PM
I still can't put a key in my front door or a USB in my computer correctly on the first try. Usually not the second either.

I can't open my garage correctly on the first try. It seems I always push the buttons in with the same amount of consistency the first time, and then nothing happens, so I have to do it again.

This means the numbers will wear out faster which means that criminals will be able to guess the code to my garage!

Parker
03-20-2014, 05:24 PM
i got a merit grade when i should have gotten a distinction level because while my work was excellent I managed to mis-read the question asked of me and produced well-written, excellent research on something that wasn't the correct topic. the two topics overlapped a bit so I gained fairly decent marks but i sure put a lot of time into that one, oh boy

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-24-2014, 04:11 PM
I spent a few minutes of my drive to work yesterday trying to remember whether or not I was 22 or 23 years old.

Seems a bit early in life for thoughts like that.

Well, 23 won. :gator:

Ayen
03-24-2014, 04:27 PM
I forgot to bring my billfold when dad and I went out eating at Red Lobster. It would have came in handy seeing that his card for one reason or another wouldn't go through when he tried to pay for the meal. Had to wait for mom to come down to bail us out.

Tigmafuzz
03-24-2014, 06:40 PM
billfold

I stared at that word for about twenty seconds before I remembered what it was.

Ayen
03-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Looked at a bag from Burger King after finishing my food that still had a sandwich in it. Put up the ketchup bottle and the next time I looked at the bag I somehow forgot about the sandwich and threw it in the garbage thinking it was trash.

Don't worry, dad managed to save the sandwich.

03-24-2014, 09:31 PM
billfold

I stared at that word for about twenty seconds before I remembered what it was.

It is okay. I have no idea what it is. All I can do is assume it is like a wallet.

Ayen
03-24-2014, 10:22 PM
You guys never seen the word 'billfold' before? o.o

LocoColt04
03-24-2014, 10:41 PM
When did you last catch the dumb? Was it a serious case?
Last night, when I thought that using my desk chair (it has wheels!) to roll around the apartment was going to be easier than using the crutches, but then I forgot that there's a cord-catcher barring the entry to my bedroom and the chair got stuck on it and I smashed my non-broken foot directly into the wall trying to maneuver over it. :(

03-25-2014, 02:20 AM
I have not. And I went and looked it up. Turns out, hey, its a wallet.

Why wouldn't you just call it a wallet?