PDA

View Full Version : The Last Guardian

Bubba
03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Has anybody got any excitement left for the release of this game?

I came across this article on IGN with Sony saying that it is still on their radar... Do you think we'll ever see the release of this? I think after the success of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus it will be released eventually. I just hope it is in my lifetime...

m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/sony-loves-that-people-are-still-interested-in-the-last-guardian (http://cp.mcafee.com/d/2DRPoAcxNJ5AQsIeecfIf6XCQQrI6zBBd4sCrjhKUOYYUyCrjhK_twsYOMrjhKUeuouhhdEr2nDYgfHoGvVo5kSka46UBGtqLdBj tdB2x1K9qDmHPpkSOUNZQSn-LObwWX9EVWZOWtT6ejvvsuLORQX8FGThsVkffGhBrwqrhdFCXYDuZXTLuZPtPo0dnCOLi8MVvdzelz_FytQmcKPyaukH0InfGp-xupfpBRLGIvVvo-nFehVVuk9_7WjZ0La1upfOV-QCn8JX52mMdEr21owvmNk_OMa9RC9YKrjKqekPoNm1oQg6ysaRc-qmW6BQQg0ADIPh05LGIvVEwSfCy0oD8YYQg1I9_7WjZ0QjCy2k3h02ivCy0aXipEw2juNgBI3h0nd40q4wor7c6R5VM)

Slothy
03-13-2014, 12:25 PM
If it ever actually gets released, I'll buy it. Despite Ueda leaving the company having me somewhat worried.

But until the. I honestly just don't care because this game has been in development hell for so long that if I let myself care about it I'd probably cry.

Bubba
03-13-2014, 12:55 PM
It's now been in development for 8 years. Eight. Smurfing. Years.

It's literally the gaming equivalent of Chinese Democracy by Guns 'N' Roses.

Pete for President
03-13-2014, 05:18 PM
I have no faith. When a game is in development this long without any news around it for full years I doubt there's a masterpiece in the making.

What have we seen so far? 2 trailers? Not enough to convince me this game is anywhere beyond concept stage.

Slothy
03-13-2014, 05:51 PM
I have no faith. When a game is in development this long without any news around it for full years I doubt there's a masterpiece in the making.

Team Fortress 2 would like a word.

But I do generally agree with you.

Vyk
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Watching Game Grumps on YouTube play Shadow of the Colossus prompted me to look into the status of this game a while back, myself. And got the same info, and feel pretty much the same. I'll probably buy it when it happens. But until then, I barely give it a second thought anymore. Here's hoping. But not holding my breath for anything

The Man
06-08-2014, 06:45 AM
And cancelled (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/08/the-last-guardian-cancelled).

http://37.media.tumblr.com/36788ba16aa2168baeb3476f10cd3a3b/tumblr_mwfb2otYxB1rzuim7o1_500.gif

edit: Or maybe not; Scott Rohde says it's not cancelled. Dammit IGN.

Bubba
06-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Aaaand not cancelled.

This is getting ridiculous.

Pete for President
06-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Can't say I'd care too much either way. Even though I love Shadow of the Colossus my hopes and expectations for the Last Guardian have been thrown out the window a long time ago.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-08-2014, 05:06 PM
I just want them to say it's cancelled and be over with it. I'm tired of this "will they" or "won't they" thing they've been doing with this game.

krissy
06-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Boooooooooooourns

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2014, 06:32 PM
I would like to play this but honestly I feel it is vaporware by this point, even if it does get released we have so many games like it now in the market that I doubt it will do anything really innovative anymore. I pretty much feel this game is dead.

Vyk
06-09-2014, 03:46 AM
I'd still be interested in trying it, just to find out what in the heck they've been slaving over for so long. If in fact anything. I haven't been following any rumors or anything regarding it. But considering how long they've been working on it, I imagine they've scrapped it and started over from scratch at least once, probably multiple times

Wolf Kanno
06-09-2014, 05:46 AM
The big issue with the game's development was the director and leader of Team Ico basically resigning. He's still working on the game, but his breakup with Sony happened a few years ago and rumor has it, it wasn't pretty.

Slothy
06-09-2014, 11:20 AM
The big issue with the game's development was the director and leader of Team Ico basically resigning. He's still working on the game, but his breakup with Sony happened a few years ago and rumor has it, it wasn't pretty.

Actually he said months ago at least that his work on the game is finished and it's in Sony's hands now. If it had been released soon after that might not be worrying.

Bolivar
06-09-2014, 12:52 PM
It seems like it got the Versus treatment, moved over to next-gen when it it became apparent how long the development was going to take. I haven't played the Team Ico games, although I have the remasters in my digital library via PS+. This game looks amazing so I'll probably run through them before it's release.

Wolf Kanno
06-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Actually he said months ago at least that his work on the game is finished and it's in Sony's hands now. If it had been released soon after that might not be worrying.

News I've been looking at says it is still in development though it sounds like it is for the reason Bolivar mention of the game getting ported to next-gen.